If you are not going to the spurs game?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I wish I was. I went to the SSCF game, but wish I'd used that money to help pay for Spurs tickets now after reading all the ramp up info. Oh well, roll on Donny!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not at all. I'm happy in the knowledge that the first time I see the ground it'll be full and a meaningful game. There aren't many teams who would have had me feeling any different and Spurs certainly isn't one of them. I'm already buzzing for Donny next week!

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
No not really. I am sure the pre-match entertainment will be good although the Farnborough band of the British legion don't exactly sound top billing! It will be a great atmosphere though so for those going I hope you have a great time.
For me the decison was a combination of cost and wanting my first experience of the Amex to be one where the ground is full and the match actually means something.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I deliberatly chose the Donnie match, but yes I do wish I was there tomorrow. Still, I'll have my Xmas day next week.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Not at all. I'm happy in the knowledge that the first time I see the ground it'll be full and a meaningful game. There aren't many teams who would have had me feeling any different and Spurs certainly isn't one of them. I'm already buzzing for Donny next week!

This.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've waited 14 years for this, so I can wait another week. I umm'ed and err'd for a while, but eventually concluded that I didn't want to pop my Amex cherry with a below-capacity meaningless friendly (I also swerved the familiarisation day).

And the money I saved has snorted my ticket for Pompey.

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
I still cant believe they didnt leave all the grand opening stuff, ex players etc etc for Donnie game

Gus will need his team to be focused once the carnival is over tomorrow afternoon. I am going to to the carnival tomorrow and I am really looking forward to the occassion. I am also going to the Doncaster game and really looking forward to the contest. It's going to be 2 different experiences completely. One is going to be a show and the other a very important match where 3 points is required. Predictions - Albion 3 v 4 Spurs and Albion 2 v 1 Doncaster. SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGOALS!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

This.

Tomorrow will be amazing, but Donny will be far more than amazing. Full capacity, competitive fixture, the opposition, all of it made me decide to wait. Wouldn't want my first game after waiting this long to be a friendly.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes. But I'm just pleased that it's tomorrow, and not next week's that I have to miss.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
nope - its just a meaningless friendly.

friendlies are for players and officials and not for fans - but i'm sure it will be fantaastic

Last edited:

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Im not going, as like others wanted my first visit to be to a meaningful game. I still think the official opening is against Donny though. When every season ticket holder will be present and sitting where they should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports