Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we win the Championship

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
This is the exact reason why people think that Brighton fans are so arrogant and cocky......Lets wait until at least christmas to dig out these kinds of threads for gods sake.

jesus, what a dream poo pooer you are! as they say in romantic comedies (that obviously only the missus watches) if you reach for the moon & dont quite get
there you still might touch the stars! not an actual quote but you get the drink. A hardworking Norwich side went up, I fancy us to be in play off contention
with a few games to go for sure

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
The point is there are some fans here who think we are much better than we actually are. Lets face it, we have never played in the premier league since its inception, we have spent the grand total of 0 years in the top tier in the last 25 years and in our whole history have played in 1 major cup final.

Whilst i know things are looking good, lets just not get too far ahead of ourselves.

I have been all over the country watching us for 20 years and have had the best times of my life watching the albion, Sweeping statements like this just really get up my nose. I know its only people's opinions and I respect that, however I want us to do well as everyone does, but lets just be a bit more realistic.

jesus, if positive people & their opinions really get up your nose you should calm your skin down & lighten up.
Perhaps take up yoga xxx

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
I'd be more than happy if we finished 21st. In a league where 18 of the 24 have played in the top division. More than happy with 21st

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
This is the exact reason why people think that Brighton fans are so arrogant and cocky......Lets wait until at least christmas to dig out these kinds of threads for gods sake.

I don't really know what others think of our supporters (other than the blindingly obvious), but I don't think it takes a genius to see that a lot of folk on here are likely to be in for a bit of a shock this season. Don't get me wrong, I would be over the moon if we were fighting for promotion at the end of the campaign, but I reckon it's gonna be a damn sight tougher this year than some people seem to think. Thankfully we have a manager that has his head screwed on, & he seems to be thoroughly enjoying the freedom he has with The Albion to implement his footballing beliefs. Don't forget - it took Gus the best part of a season to prepare for our (glorious) assault on promotion from L1 & I, for one, would be more than happy to see a similar scenario in The Championship. The old adage Good things come to those who wait has never been so appropriate imo. We're well & truely on the up now, so be patient & enjoy the ride. :thumbsup:

UTA

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'd be more than happy if we finished 21st. In a league where 18 of the 24 have played in the top division. More than happy with 21st

Sure I read somewhere (in fact it might even have been on here) that only 2 have never played in the top flight of English football - Peterborough & Donny

If we win the Championship this season we would become the ONLY Club in the history of the Football League to achieve successive championships of different divisions - TWICE !!!!!

At the moment we are in an elite group with Liverpool,Everton,Spurs,Ipswich,Oxford & Wolves who have all achieved this once . This season we have a chance to become UNIQUE.

Unlikely ? Maybe ? You never know !

ALBIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!! :thumbsup:

In 2001/2 Albion were the 8th club and was the 9th time that a club won successive championships. Liverpool being the only club doing it twice. HTH.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Whilst silver flying chariot is a bit to negative , i get where he is coming from.

To even entertain ideas way above our station has implications. Think of all the JCL's buying into all the romantic Norwich / these type of threads stories. If it doesn't go to plan I can see shit atmospheres and people voting with their feet.

Bit of realism here people. If we get 3 or 4 more top draw players we may well shock a few and have outside channce of play offs ...... even this would require the luck we had last year with injurioes etc.

Its a bloody bloody hard league , just to stay in it is progress and successs. Mid table is dream land. Lets get safe first.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Whilst silver flying chariot is a bit to negative , i get where he is coming from.

To even entertain ideas way above our station has implications. Think of all the JCL's buying into all the romantic Norwich / these type of threads stories. If it doesn't go to plan I can see shit atmospheres and people voting with their feet.

Bit of realism here people. If we get 3 or 4 more top draw players we may well shock a few and have outside channce of play offs ...... even this would require the luck we had last year with injurioes etc.

Its a bloody bloody hard league , just to stay in it is progress and successs. Mid table is dream land. Lets get safe first.

This is a better version of what I was trying to get at!! Cheers Dougal.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
my point being, imagine the start of last season when we were in league 1 last season and all of sudden Notts county started spouting all this about winning league one and how they are going to make the championship. Csan you imagine the response of other teams in that league.

Its not negative at all, its called be realistic. We are nowhere NEAR being ready to win the championship all of a sudden. I don't think some people realise how many good teams there are in the championship

Slate me all you like, but most people who have slated me are just blinkered by blue and white glasses.

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
I think we'd laugh our socks off if we were to do it. But I think we should learn to walk before we can run. This season is going to be bloody tough and I'm certain that we will have some great games and some very good wins. But I can see us getting beaten a few times too. If we finish anywhere near the halfway mark in the table, I for one would definitely settle for that. Don't get me wrong, I am not doubting Gus and his teams ability. I am just recognising the tough fight ahead.

Exactly

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yeh and if we score 1,000 goals this season we will be the first to do that as well.

Lets just see how it goes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
my point being, imagine the start of last season when we were in league 1 last season and all of sudden Notts county started spouting all this about winning league one and how they are going to make the championship. Csan you imagine the response of other teams in that league.

Its not negative at all, its called be realistic. We are nowhere NEAR being ready to win the championship all of a sudden. I don't think some people realise how many good teams there are in the championship

Slate me all you like, but most people who have slated me are just blinkered by blue and white glasses.

Someone merely made a stat available, there was NO arrogance involved in it. He didn't say we'd win the damned thing or anything. The following posts were not arrogant but replies to the OP. In you jump with all this 'we are arrogant' shit and spread doom and gloom over the thread. How can you possibly justify your comments on this thread? Did you actually read it?

Screw all this pessamism! I actually believe we will have promotion wrapped up earlier this campaign than we did last.....

"Awaiting someone drawing one of those yellow head in hands things, and some comment about being stupid and cocky"

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
In 2001/2 Albion were the 8th club and was the 9th time that a club won successive championships. Liverpool being the only club doing it twice. HTH.

Sorry CFD your info concerning Liverpool is wrong.

Liverpool, like the Albion and others stated, have only achieved back to back different league championships once. Liverpool achieved this way back in 1905-06 season when they won Div 1(Top league) after winning Div 2 the previous season.

Would anyone have backed us to win DIv 1 as runaway winners last season before a ball was kicked?

Cut the realism and dream a little ! :clap:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

So you think Bloom is being unrealistic asking for top six? Do you not realise that the man means business?

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
I in general agree with not getting carried away, and being realistic etc. However, do we all know for sure that the Championship is as brilliant and as packed full of quality as we're making it out to be?
One of my best mates is a QPR season ticket holder, who goes home and away. I text him on the day of CMS signing to give him a bit of light hearted stick about beating them to him. He replied 20 mins later saying that he'd just been and laid down £50 on us winning the Championship this season.
He came to the Watford game in the FA cup last season and was blown away by how good we were, the way we moved the ball about in particular. (Literally wouldn't shut up about Bridcutt all the way home). At the time he said we would push for play-offs in the Champ, and if we were to get an out and out finisher, in his opinion we would be right up there. Hence the wager after the CMS signing.
Anyway, only his opinion I know, but let's not worry ourselves too much about what's coming next season. So much still hinges on the 2/3 new faces still to come (please KLL), but I seriously think we can aim for play-offs minimum next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here