Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we win the Championship

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
If we win the Championship this season we would become the ONLY Club in the history of the Football League to achieve successive championships of different divisions - TWICE !!!!!

At the moment we are in an elite group with Liverpool,Everton,Spurs,Ipswich,Oxford & Wolves who have all achieved this once . This season we have a chance to become UNIQUE.

Unlikely ? Maybe ? You never know !

ALBIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!! :thumbsup:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Norwich never won it this season.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think we'd laugh our socks off if we were to do it. But I think we should learn to walk before we can run. This season is going to be bloody tough and I'm certain that we will have some great games and some very good wins. But I can see us getting beaten a few times too. If we finish anywhere near the halfway mark in the table, I for one would definitely settle for that. Don't get me wrong, I am not doubting Gus and his teams ability. I am just recognising the tough fight ahead.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
This is the exact reason why people think that Brighton fans are so arrogant and cocky......Lets wait until at least christmas to dig out these kinds of threads for gods sake.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
This is the exact reason why people think that Brighton fans are so arrogant and cocky......Lets wait until at least christmas to dig out these kinds of threads for gods sake.

I think it more prudent to mention it now - I am not saying we are going to do it - but it is a possibility. Perhaps a greater possibility now than come XMas !

Besides you can only boast/dream about it when you've won a championship - and we have !!! :rave:

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Unique means one off, something can't be more unique then something else. It's either unique or it isn't.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Mmmmmm i speak to hundreds of other football fans and have never ever heard of Brighton fans being 'arrogant and cocky'. Maybe there's some on NSC as there is every club's forum (some more than others - SCC). I only ever hear that Albion fans are loud and travel well... Oh well.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i think poyet is a bit special and i do not rule it out......win the first few games then anything can happen. Most of the squad has a winning mentality and that counts for a lot.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
The point is there are some fans here who think we are much better than we actually are. Lets face it, we have never played in the premier league since its inception, we have spent the grand total of 0 years in the top tier in the last 25 years and in our whole history have played in 1 major cup final.

Whilst i know things are looking good, lets just not get too far ahead of ourselves.

I have been all over the country watching us for 20 years and have had the best times of my life watching the albion, Sweeping statements like this just really get up my nose. I know its only people's opinions and I respect that, however I want us to do well as everyone does, but lets just be a bit more realistic.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
if we finish mid table with 2 wins against Palace I will be over the moon!

Sums it up for me. A happy season for me would involve beating Palace twice, and NOT being involved in a relegation battle. Anything else would be a bonus. Maybe a nice big juicy FA Cup match against one of the big boys.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
The point is there are some fans here who think we are much better than we actually are. Lets face it, we have never played in the premier league since its inception, we have spent the grand total of 0 years in the top tier in the last 25 years and in our whole history have played in 1 major cup final.

Whilst i know things are looking good, lets just not get too far ahead of ourselves.

I have been all over the country watching us for 20 years and have had the best times of my life watching the albion, Sweeping statements like this just really get up my nose. I know its only people's opinions and I respect that, however I want us to do well as everyone does, but lets just be a bit more realistic.
Blimey Sfc - I hope I'm not sitting next to you in the WSU !

It was a point of interest (debatable?) and a feat that the Club should be proud of - and one that we MIGHT repeat.

But FCUK it! you have got me really fired up now - :rant:

I predict we will have the CHAMPIONSHIP won by the end of December and then be resting players so Saints & Palace can beat us in Jan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here