Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we lose and Boro win is our season over?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
According to bbc website buckley faces late fitness test ...CMS on wing?

Or maybe Orlandi and lopez wide with CMS playing just off Leo ..like a 4 4 1 1 formation

or even Calderon? likes to bomb forward he has goals in him too and can provide the defensive option

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wow! How did our expectations get to be so high so soon? We're a more-or-less just-promoted club, should by rights still be finding our feet in this division, and here we are within touching distance of a play-off place to the Premier League. Any talk of our season being over is ridiculously premature. IMHO our season's only over if we finish in a lower position than we did last season. Onwards and upwards always!
:albion:

This, it's fcuking February !! Even if it goes tits up in the next 2 games - the league is so unpredictable we could still grab a spot.

The average for teams that went up for staying in this league is 3 seasons - I'd say next season we would go up - but you just never know about this season first !!

And Palace look more shaky than Boro, so it's their spot we are most likely to steal. Makes a change for those lot from Croydon to have something stolen from them !!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wow! How did our expectations get to be so high so soon? We're a more-or-less just-promoted club, should by rights still be finding our feet in this division, and here we are within touching distance of a play-off place to the Premier League. Any talk of our season being over is ridiculously premature. IMHO our season's only over if we finish in a lower position than we did last season. Onwards and upwards always!
:albion:

Spot on. Lot of people living on a different planet.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Spot on. Lot of people living on a different planet.

Yup - nothing like NSC to turn everything into hyperbole and drama. Fact is, this division is so unpredictable (Peterborough winning at Cardiff, dead and buried Ipswich progressing up the table, Forest's managerial merrygoround, Bolton failing to fire etc etc etc), no game is nailed on, and anything can happen.

That said, two wins or at least 4 points, will put us very much in the hunt.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No. Palace is the team we are replacing in the playoffs, not Boro.

Well I think Hull are potentially going to drop out too, we'll find out more today, but Palace definitely aren't good enough to be there - they had a winning formula earlier in the season with Dougie F but they are steadily falling from grace. Strongly doubt they'll be there at the end of the season and it's down to us to replace them.

That would bring so much happiness to me

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Boro not won a championship game yet this year, lost all 4. Playing Barnsley today, hope the lose but the way this championship goes, they're bound to win soon and it will probably be today. We need to win today, no question. Too many other teams on similar points. Plus we've got a few tough games coming up - Blackburn, Cardiff, Burnley. By end of Feb think we'll know if we are in for a shout at the play-offs. Our team are capable, just need to show it. keep positive....

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Well I think Hull are potentially going to drop out too, we'll find out more today, but Palace definitely aren't good enough to be there - they had a winning formula earlier in the season with Dougie F but they are steadily falling from grace. Strongly doubt they'll be there at the end of the season and it's down to us to replace them.

Are you basing this on Holloway's tenure? The same Holloway who has actually averaged more points per game for us than Gus has for you this season. You also obviously didn't watch our game last night as you would have seen us dominate a very good Watford side for 70 minutes.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Are to basing this on Holloway's tenure? The same Holloway who has actually averaged more points per game for us than Gus has for you this season. You also obviously didn't watch our game last night as you would have seen us dominate a very good Watford side for 70 minutes.

No BB of yur own?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
According to bbc website buckley faces late fitness test ...CMS on wing?

Or maybe Orlandi and lopez wide with CMS playing just off Leo ..like a 4 4 1 1 formation

Why not play Lua Lua? It's really quite simple.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Boro are losing..still loads of time to go obviously but could be good for us..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Because I've never seen him have a good game for us in the Champ when he's started. Impact sub, no question.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Because I've never seen him have a good game for us in the Champ when he's started. Impact sub, no question.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Boro not won a championship game yet this year, lost all 4. Playing Barnsley today, hope the lose but the way this championship goes, they're bound to win soon and it will probably be today.

Barnsley have started playing well under their new manager - beat Hull last week in the Cup too so a Boro defeat is possible and very much currently happening !!

This, Ipswich at home being the main game where he was utter crap when he started, but then you have Charlton away when he had a great impact as a sub - thats what he is for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here