Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we lose and Boro win is our season over?

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
It seems today could be make or break. If we win and Boro lose, its down to 2 points or the reverse will see us 8 points behind. If the later is our chance of a play-off place over?

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
No, there's still another 15 matches to go. However, if we lose, getting in the play-offs will be made much harder ... :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
48 points still to play for an 8 point gap to overcome? what would 6 straight wins do during the remaining 16 games i wonder?

Still have a game in hand,Hull will be very tough a draw is no good...

Many Twists to come yet,teams will soon string winning runs together,we could lose and be one such team-

How we play from here on in is what counts,we are in contention and have hardly won many games,a big NO from me.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we need to stop f***ing about and start winning games and collecting points..........if we could batter hull it would put the wind up the other teams in the race........see dobbie got a start last night......another cast off deemed not good enough gets game time at a club above us in the league , i think if we make the play offs this season it would be invaluable experience for the team for next season.......i don't think we would benefit from going up this year tbh...although TB would obviously love the wonga............we need to sharpen upand start burying teams rather than pissing about in our own half....imho of course.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
we need to stop f***ing about and start winning games and collecting points..........if we could batter hull it would put the wind up the other teams in the race........see dobbie got a start last night......another cast off deemed not good enough gets game time at a club above us in the league , i think if we make the play offs this season it would be invaluable experience for the team for next season.......i don't think we would benefit from going up this year tbh...although TB would obviously love the wonga............we need to sharpen upand start burying teams rather than pissing about in our own half....imho of course.

I couldn't agree more. In short, we need to start frightening teams but have we got the ability to do this? Yes in my view - we just need to have the belief and confidence to take other sides apart. I will despair if I get to the AMEX today and we are again set up defensively.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Take the team talk today please

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
have a real bad feeling about today. We just don't beat teams in top half of the table. Gus will set up not to lose, by doing that we probably will.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
It's all well and good saying we have 48 points to play for but it's points on the board that count.

Our inability to convert draws to wins will prove costly. Time for Gus to enjoy the last few months of the season make a few small changes and get it right for next season.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I couldn't agree more. In short, we need to start frightening teams but have we got the ability to do this? Yes in my view - we just need to have the belief and confidence to take other sides apart. I will despair if I get to the AMEX today and we are again set up defensively.

yes we have the players........will on one side ...kaz on the other.....len in the middle........f*** me that is one awesome attacking set up.......i cant decide who to leave out of the mid and defence.......with this squad and this close to the run in we have got to go for it....!!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
yes we have the players........will on one side ...kaz on the other.....len in the middle........f*** me that is one awesome attacking set up.......i cant decide who to leave out of the mid and defence.......with this squad and this close to the run in we have got to go for it....!!!

I will eat my seagulls hat if Gus starts with one winger let alone two.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No it's worse than that...

A draw and our season is over. And get anything less than 3 points on Tuesday, it is as well.

Last chance saloon now.

We have no realistic chance of finishing above 7th if we don't get 6 points from the next 2.

We'll know by about 7pm if we are still in with a chance of the playoffs.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It's all well and good saying we have 48 points to play for but it's points on the board that count.

Our inability to convert draws to wins will prove costly. Time for Gus to enjoy the last few months of the season make a few small changes and get it right for next season.

couldn't agree less........we have some very talented players......the team just needs a few tweaks and we will start winning......from then on its a confidence thing.......

.the other team cant attack if they are being shredded down the wings by will and kaz.......bung hammond in there for an extra areial threat.........i think we have the personnel it's more a case of who gets a start.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Current evidence suggests that we aren't actually good enough to go up. Not winning today would be a symptom of that fact, rather than the cause of it, if you see what I mean. We don't appear to have what it takes to take a two-goal lead against Crystal Palace like Watford did last night, nor do we appear to have the ability to come back away so convincingly from home against promotion chasers who were on fire such as Watford like Crystal Palace did last night.

The big question mark is over what Ulloa brings to the team. Even if we lost today and Boro win, if he suddenly clicked into the rich goalscoring form that he has shown himself capable of, that would change things enormously and that gap could be closed. No pressure, then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here