Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If the Premier League is able to continue...

Where should the remainder of Premier League games be played?

• Home grounds, as originally scheduled

Votes: 133 75.6%
  • Home grounds (I don't think really believe this, but I'm #TeamBarbs)

Votes: 29 16.5%
  • Neutral venues

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I do understand your point. but If we do restart it would not be till June 6th I believe at the earliest. Would you not expect daily Deaths from Covid to be negligible by then.
If say there were 10 daily deaths or perhaps 100 in previous week before they restart would you still consider it not a good idea to finish season with no spectators ?
Believe Germany are restarting in a couple of weeks.

Good old Germany, the beacon to be held up for all to follow!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would home fans really congregate en-masse outside a ground which was empty, just because their team were playing inside behind closed doors - and won't be able to see them, or barely hear them, and definitely wouldn't give a toss anyway. Really?

If the answer is yes, I'm afraid my faith in humanity will wane somewhat.

No. That justification for neutral grounds is pathetic. Anyone ****ish enough to congregate outside the Amex while we take Liverpool apart is going to congregate outside The Emirates or whatever for the same purpose. One fire engine with a power hose ought to be sufficient to disperse the dimbots.

Anyway, are a sufficient minority of football supporters really no better than a load of knicker-wetting 15 year old Bay City Rollers fans? And if so should the whole of the football be turned into a game of hide the sausage* just to keep them at home?I think not.

*I'm assuming the venues will be kept secret till kick off, otherwise what's the point of changing them?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No. That justification for neutral grounds is pathetic. Anyone ****ish enough to congregate outside the Amex while we take Liverpool apart is going to congregate outside The Emirates or whatever for the same purpose. One fire engine with a power hose operated by me..ought to be sufficient to disperse the dimbots.

Anyway, are a sufficient minority of football supporters really no better than a load of knicker-wetting 15 year old Bay City Rollers fans? And if so should the whole of the football be turned into a game of hide the sausage just to keep them at home?I think not.

Slight amendment

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Slight amendment

Do you mean me me or you me? If it's me me, I'm afraid there may be complaints about the number of testicular torsion injuries due to 'carelessly aimed' high pressure hosery. :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Beer gardens to open in one state..along with restaurants...also relatives able to visit elderly in care homes

As I posted a few days ago, just as with their rush to open up a second front in the East, I think the square heads may have gone too soon again :facepalm:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Bundesliga has seen 10 positive cases from 1,700 odd tests of every player in top two leagues.

Merkel has just given them the go ahead for next week. Could we be in a similar position in a months time? Ambitious, possibly...

Bundesliga has seen 10 positive cases from 1,700 odd tests of every player in top two leagues.

Merkel has just given them the go ahead for next week. Could we be in a similar position in a months time? Ambitious, possibly...

Well it seems overly ambitious on the basis our testing levels are nowhere near theirs and we’re still unearthing c6,500 new cases a day v their 568 so good luck with us getting down to that level in a month. [https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/]

When any lockdown elements are removed the moronic public will ensure we quickly get back up to full speed transmission.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How good are all the other clubs' training grounds? Is there the option for 'home' games to be held at the home team's training ground?

There'd be no VAR.

OK, no bad thing on the face of it I hear you cry - but if you've played the whole season with it up until now, then suddenly binning it off now is just another erosion to the integrity of the competition. You'd have the same problem with staging games at St Georges Park.

Plus some teams training grounds are rather better equipped than others...

image.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There'd be no VAR.

OK, no bad thing on the face of it I hear you cry - but if you've played the whole season with it up until now, then suddenly binning it off now is just another erosion to the integrity of the competition. You'd have the same problem with staging games at St Georges Park.

Plus some teams training grounds are rather better equipped than others...

image.jpg

Same for all teams though isn't it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Same for all teams though isn't it

Take away crowds, take away home advantage with some losing more home games than others, take away VAR - you've got an entirely different competition to the one we all set out on in August. Add in the high probability that not all players will be up for it (understandably), so many team lineups will also be compromised by this. And we want crucial relegation issues to be decided in this manner ?

Barbers right. Its a shit idea.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Take away crowds, take away home advantage with some losing more home games than others, take away VAR - you've got an entirely different competition to the one we all set out on in August. Add in the high probability that not all players will be up for it (understandably), so many team lineups will also be compromised by this. And we want crucial relegation issues to be decided in this manner ?

Barbers right. Its a shit idea.

We don't want it, of course not. But we've got to decide between a kick in the goolies or a punch in the face. That said, the removal of VAR and all the other stuff doesn't actually benefit one team or the other. Playing behind closed doors arguably does a bit, but in the end, the team that wins the league will still deserve it and the teams that go down will still deserve it over the course of the season.

If playing on with a few extra subs, no var, and players having to not see their families for a bit is up against playing on without relegation or voiding (and the wave of bankruptcies which that will contribute to), i'm happy that's the least bad option.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We don't want it, of course not. But we've got to decide between a kick in the goolies or a punch in the face. That said, the removal of VAR and all the other stuff doesn't actually benefit one team or the other. Playing behind closed doors arguably does a bit, but in the end, the team that wins the league will still deserve it and the teams that go down will still deserve it over the course of the season.

If playing on with a few extra subs, no var, and players having to not see their families for a bit is up against playing on without relegation or voiding (and the wave of bankruptcies which that will contribute to), i'm happy that's the least bad option.

The 'no relegation' thing is bobbins, I don't think any club has called for that, nor should they. It would practically negate the necessity of the remainder of the season for those not pushing for Europe (ie most of the divison). What'd be the point of playing out those games if nobodies going down anyway ? Personally I've been in the "void the season" camp almost from the outset of this, with a reset to Aug 19 as its the simplest and cleanest "least bad" solution.

I don't believe that finishing this season will be the difference between bankrupting clubs and not bankrupting them - the game now has more long term challenges than that. This season should be voided so that the EFL and EPL can actually start to plan properly for a way forward, within a more conducive, safer and realistic timeframe. Darragh MacAnthony had some interesting ideas involving broadcasters. The EFL is a year into a 5 year deal with Sky. He's suggesting that the money for the last 2 years of that deal be pooled now, and administered by an independent body, who would distribute that money amongst EFL clubs according to their needs, to tide them over this period (as assessed by the independent body NOT greedy owners). It comes at a charge of 10% that each of the clubs who use this scheme would pay back to Sky in 2-3 seasons when hopefully things are back on a more even keel.

This buys some time for a whole realignment to take place. Squads to be reduced, maybe salary caps to be brought back in across the board, shorter term contracts, whatever it takes to bring clubs back from the crazy spending thats gotten so out of hand and is now so quickly coming home to roost. Clubs to be forced to cut their cloth accordingly.

Would get my vote.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Could we veto that the Amex be used as a neutral ground, if it comes to it? Or would the club be fined if they said it would not be available ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don’t care, void it camp.

Paul Barber made it clear on Monday, that would be financial disaster for the football sector, 100,000 jobs on the line, clubs very existence on the line. The BBC calculate the loss to the PL alone will be £1.15b, the EFL this week costed it at £200m for their 72 clubs.

Why would football supporters want to bust clubs and create unemployment?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here