Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If the Premier League is able to continue...

Where should the remainder of Premier League games be played?

• Home grounds, as originally scheduled

Votes: 133 75.6%
  • Home grounds (I don't think really believe this, but I'm #TeamBarbs)

Votes: 29 16.5%
  • Neutral venues

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Neutral venues is a farcical idea.

Depends how we are looking at this, if we are primarily interested in the safety of staff, players and the public it's possibly the best solution, if you introduce the integrity of the game then not so. My feeling is trying to play football whilst hundreds are dying is not a good plan, full stop.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Except that wont happen... no one will be forced to play, escpecially if they have high risk partners or family members at home...

Agree totally.

But it that scenario no-one is being forced to play, just if your not playing football you cant be paid footballers wages.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It has to be at the clubs own grounds where the matches were scheduled to take place - end of.

All this rhetoric about playing the end of the season at neutral grounds just isn't practical (as well as not being very fair).

You'd have to do the same for the Championship clubs remaining games as there are plenty of large clubs in that division (as there would be just as much likelihood of fans from Leeds, West Brom, Fulham etc milling around by their own grounds on a match day as you would have at many Premiership clubs), and quite possibly the same for Leagues 1 and 2 also. You can't just move the 10 Prem games each week to neutral sites and not do the same for the other divisions especially the Championship where crowds are still pretty big.

The idea of reducing the likelihood of fans turning up outside stadiums as the main one for this idea just doesn't make practical sense. Each week you'd have 10 Prem matches and at least 12 Championship matches (not including Leagues 1 & 2) being moved around the country like a merry go round - how is that helping anyone?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Can’t vote for any of those options.
Home grounds would be unsafe.
Neutral grounds would go against the material integrity of the competition, or something. What Barber said.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Depends how we are looking at this, if we are primarily interested in the safety of staff, players and the public it's possibly the best solution, if you introduce the integrity of the game then not so. My feeling is trying to play football whilst hundreds are dying is not a good plan, full stop.

Around 500,000 people die in England each year, and it is predicted that this will rise to 590,000 within the next 20 years. So 1400 per day before corona virus hit. When would we ever play football ?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Make a giant oxygen filled dome on the moon with 20 pitches inside it, fill it with all the Premier League squads and staff, then let them play in total isolation until all games are played.

All three relegated teams get fired off in the general direction of Mars on an Ellisons coach with no wheels on.

Wibble....

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
this season only Chelsea and Southampton have better away form than home form and only southampton have a better goal difference away so home advantage definitely counts for something. How you quantify that something I don't know but it's clear that a neutral venue would disadvantage the team than should have been at home.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Around 500,000 people die in England each year, and it is predicted that this will rise to 590,000 within the next 20 years. So 1400 per day before corona virus hit. When would we ever play football ?

I think you understand my point and the fact that it's related to a very real crisis and that people are dying that may not have died otherwise, but hey **** it, football's more important, eh?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How good are all the other clubs' training grounds? Is there the option for 'home' games to be held at the home team's training ground?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I think you understand my point and the fact that it's related to a very real crisis and that people are dying that may not have died otherwise, but hey **** it, football's more important, eh?

I do understand your point. but If we do restart it would not be till June 6th I believe at the earliest. Would you not expect daily Deaths from Covid to be negligible by then.
If say there were 10 daily deaths or perhaps 100 in previous week before they restart would you still consider it not a good idea to finish season with no spectators ?
Believe Germany are restarting in a couple of weeks.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Make a giant oxygen filled dome on the moon with 20 pitches inside it, fill it with all the Premier League squads and staff, then let them play in total isolation until all games are played.

All three relegated teams get fired off in the general direction of Mars on an Ellisons coach with no wheels on.

Wibble....

But there would be no atmosphere!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here