Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If the current season is now cancelled....

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
i hope season ticket holders really dont start on refunds, and reflect that it supports the club. the season was shortened, so average cost per game goes up a few £.

How have the club reacted in the past to season ticket holders that have lost jobs and can no longer afford the direct debit? I understand your view, I just don't get the feeling the club is as reasonable as you expect STH's to be, so I have no problem with anyone looking for a partial refund.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can’t see the season being cancelled to be honest, it will cause carnage with relegation, promotion and European qualification issues and clubs impacted will be taking legal action left, right and centre. Only option is to extend the season into June / July and delay the start of the new season to September (I expect the Euros will get postponed until next year). We’ll then see more midweek games next season to bring it back on track to finish in May as normal.

One way or another this season will run it's course, almost certainly behind closed doors. As you say curtailing the season early will impact far too much on those teams seeking promotion, and in danger of being relegated et al.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We probably won't wear the current home shirt again making it the least-used home shirt ever.

We've played our last match in the green alternative shirt. Good.

We paid around £500,000 for Mac Allister to play 10min of a match.

Mac Allister came here to play 10min and missed the Boca Juniors championship-winning game. And is now thousands of miles from family.

Season ticket holders are owed loads of money back.

We won't win our first game of 2020 until August - earliest! :lolol:

If results of already-played matches are scrubbed, Palace have never beaten us in the Premier League! :clap:

More?

Good luck on the season ticket refund front. I'm almost sure there will be something in the small print and even if there isn't should this really be top of your mind in the current situation?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Can’t see the season being cancelled to be honest, it will cause carnage with relegation, promotion and European qualification issues and clubs impacted will be taking legal action left, right and centre. Only option is to extend the season into June / July and delay the start of the new season to September (I expect the Euros will get postponed until next year). We’ll then see more midweek games next season to bring it back on track to finish in May as normal.

No guarantee that the season will be able to resume in the summer. The Season should be suspended, but I think it will eventually be cancelled, as I think it unlikely that it can be resumed and completed in a reasonable time frame.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If people want to why shouldn’t they? Not everyone wants to write off money or can afford to, no matter how strong their love of the club? What about those who buy match by match - the current upcoming crop of Cat A games have cost people £45 a ticket, why would you be willing to write that off, and if they refund those people then partial season ticket refunds must surely be considered. The club may have some insurance contingency in place in any case, and the players can surely suck up some minor wage reduction to ensure supporters aren’t out of pocket. Sorry, but it does hack me off that those supporters well off enough to take the hit assume or ‘hope’ (to quote yourself) that everyone else is in the same charitable situation. In saying that I do appreciate that season ticket holders had already essentially committed their money to the club, mentally at least.

Match by match ticket yes but season tickets these are paid for, on 1st April we start paying for next year, we haven't lost any money we have just had a higher match by match cost

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
One way or another this season will run it's course, almost certainly behind closed doors. As you say curtailing the season early will impact far too much on those teams seeking promotion, and in danger of being relegated et al.

But it's the teams/squads/managers that now have the virus. How would 'behind closed doors' resolve that :shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Match by match ticket yes but season tickets these are paid for, on 1st April we start paying for next year, we haven't lost any money we have just had a higher match by match cost

If matches are cancelled we have lost money as the season ticket contract is for all matches in the season and the full season would not be played. All this talk of non refunds is ridiculous the club are obliged to refund for any games cancelled if that is what ends up happening and they will do in that event. They are no different to any other business in that regard

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As it stands we'll still be able to watch matches from Scotchland.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Future Question of Sport question...

Which was the only Premier League side to not win a league fixture in 2020 and not be relegated?

Slight edit.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Leeds will probably have zero chance of keeping Ben White

Albion have the chance to get a new striker before we play again but will probably decide they don’t need one if history is anything to go by.
Andone's loan ends on June 31st, so with our spare space in the 25 man squad he can fire in the goals to keep us up from July.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If matches are cancelled we have lost money as the season ticket contract is for all matches in the season and the full season would not be played. All this talk of non refunds is ridiculous the club are obliged to refund for any games cancelled if that is what ends up happening and they will do in that event. They are no different to any other business in that regard
I'd without doubt give up a refund.

Perhaps the club would put the 'loyalty' into 'loyalty points' as a thank you ? [emoji38]ol:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
i hope season ticket holders really dont start on refunds, and reflect that it supports the club. the season was shortened, so average cost per game goes up a few £.

And the players, ALL who earn more in a week that i do in well over a year - you're ok will them twiddling their thumbs earning tens of thousand a week in this downtime period?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Where do you draw the line? I've got £600 of Euros tickets for this summer. Should I write that off? What about tickets for other various events?
What about people that could really do with the £50 a month if they aren't getting anything for it?

Really it should just be credited to next season and Direct Debits adjusted

I've got about £4.5k worth of euro tickets and I'm certainly not writing that off.

And writing off the rest of the season at Brighton means writing off over £300 so its not just writing off a few quid.

I was happy to write off the £40 Martin Perry promised us when we didn't return from Gillingham because the club was on its arse. Very different picture these days. If that makes me a bad fan then so be it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So his loan ends on a non-existent date ?

We're adding extra days and months to catch up the fixtures.

595143.jpg

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just realised that with the Arsenal game being postponed March will have only seen us play 1 game - when has that ever happened before during the season?

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Give Brighton the title and draw lots to see which three other teams are relegated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here