[Albion] If the current season is now cancelled....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think it's probably already been said on this thread, and I said it a few days ago, but I'm massively in the "give me my refund" camp.

Like many on here, I've had a season ticket since the early 1990's (although until I was 18 or so it was my dad paying for it). I cannot possibly fathom the amount of money I have ploughed into Brighton and Hove Albion directly over the last 28 years since I attended my first match, not to mention the travel and away tickets (which obviously doesn't go to the Albion). I haven't always found it easy to do this, but it's love of the club and, as we all know, they absolutely ****ing needed every penny at times. And I think we can all remember a few rainy defeats at Withdean where it didn't seem like good value, but that wasn't the point.

I now have 2 kids and disposable income is tight - having the season ticket is something I do have to make a good case to justify. On the other hand, we are now in the top 40 richest clubs in the world or something like that, and our esteemed Chief Exec has made his point that we are "customers". I am not willing to be down £100 or so to the club, which is massive to me, whilst it pays wages of £40k a week to the players (some of whom I am more accepting of earning that type of money than others).

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well going by the papers the season is now effectively over. No way will it restart in April. Like others I would like some sort of recompense. Hopefully all will be passed come August time

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well going by the papers the season is now effectively over. No way will it restart in April. Like others I would like some sort of recompense. Hopefully all will be passed come August time

Well they won’t be paying bonuses to the players.....

Though we haven’t paid a win bonus for some time [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Assuming Manchester City’s ban is upheld, when will that ban start, if next season becomes this season?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I think it's probably already been said on this thread, and I said it a few days ago, but I'm massively in the "give me my refund" camp.

Like many on here, I've had a season ticket since the early 1990's (although until I was 18 or so it was my dad paying for it). I cannot possibly fathom the amount of money I have ploughed into Brighton and Hove Albion directly over the last 28 years since I attended my first match, not to mention the travel and away tickets (which obviously doesn't go to the Albion). I haven't always found it easy to do this, but it's love of the club and, as we all know, they absolutely ****ing needed every penny at times. And I think we can all remember a few rainy defeats at Withdean where it didn't seem like good value, but that wasn't the point.

I now have 2 kids and disposable income is tight - having the season ticket is something I do have to make a good case to justify. On the other hand, we are now in the top 40 richest clubs in the world or something like that, and our esteemed Chief Exec has made his point that we are "customers". I am not willing to be down £100 or so to the club, which is massive to me, whilst it pays wages of £40k a week to the players (some of whom I am more accepting of earning that type of money than others).

I can’t see refunds happening unfortunately.

Fans who actually attend games in the Premier League are at the bottom of the food chain, behind club owners and directors, corporate guests, Sky and BT armchair fans, then managers, players and club staff.

The other way of looking at it - the season ticket money is sunk, but you will save a bit on the match day costs you would have spent.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Excellent post. Been a season ticket holder since 1984 and my job situation has changed drastically and also have two young children. When the issue of refunds has been been mentioned in recent days I'm seriously bugged by those dismissing it and accusing people of trivialising the current health crisis. So pleased you are that well off to just dismiss it out of hand.

Suspect we will be less of a customer to Mr Barber when it suits!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Excellent post. Been a season ticket holder since 1984 and my job situation has changed drastically and also have two young children. When the issue of refunds has been been mentioned in recent days I'm seriously bugged by those dismissing it and accusing people of trivialising the current health crisis. So pleased you are that well off to just dismiss it out of hand.

Suspect we will be less of a customer to Mr Barber when it suits!

I appreciate that many ST holders will feel they deserve compensation, or perhaps a discounted rate on their next ST, should they take that up. I think at the moment we need to give the club the benefit of the doubt, until they work out what they want to do. They'll have 1,001 things to try and manage right now, and I daresay they'll get to this once they know whether further matches etc will be played.

Keep the faith, sir.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sh1t. Just realised that THIS could be scrubbed from the record books...

Jahanbakhsh_16f66b3ed5c_large.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports