If the club goes into admin. this year?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Juan Albion said:
Mullers, you're a complete tosser. Stop wasting our time with these so-called provocative postings. You're just a wind-up merchant - and not a very good one at that.

Don't be so f***ing patronising. This is not a wind-up, look at the facts being posted on here and you will see that we have problems that we are not being told about by Dick Knight!:angry:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Why the f*** would you want to know about it?

If we were in danger of going into admin any one with any brain would let the club go into admin then buy the club up from there.

You get a club shorn of any debt and with a pared down staff role.

If the club have any kind of financial difficulties why would they advertise it to anyone? Its no business of anyone except the board until they make it public.

They make it public via the anual report and accounts that any business has to supply to companies house.

This is a windup, what evidence are you pointing at?

Late payment of wages? NOT A TRUE STORY according to the club.

Needing cash, not a new story, we are being taken up the arse by nmiby's with this pointless inquiry.

You talk about admin as if its a bad thing its not, it is if there is no-one who wants to buy the club, it is not if you do.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
OK - Smiley Miley has provided me with the definitive Stephen Purdew post .. read on ..

-------------------------------------------------

Stephen Purdew inherited his money from his father and has been moderately succesful in retaining the bulk of those funds in a world of Health Farm leisure which is a cut throat business due to the entry into the market of Hotel Health Clubs (he recently undertook a reverse takeover of Champneys Health Spas). His money however as at the time of the takeover attempt if not still now, was actually under the control of his mother.

An offer was made in 1999 to buy into the club. This offer was made via the local media and was fronted by Steve Foster - a number of questions were asked of the potential purchaser including how much money was being offered? what terms were applied to those funds? what role did Purdew want in the club? etc. and no answers were forthcoming. These questions were asked again publicly by Dick Knight both at a game at Gillingham and at a Fans Forum in Hove. Interestingly the offer came during the campaign to win the falmer referendum. The only figures that were mentioned were (when question on television how much he would put in) 'millions'. Now we all know that the current board investment is c4m (since 2002 this is all share capital and not loan capital) so replacing this for 'millions' tied to a loan would be a retrograde step. Also remember that £2million can be classed as 'millions'.

Purdew then said he would look to buy into other clubs - Luton, Portsmouth and Oxford were mentioned (interestingly all former clubs that Foster played for). As I understand it, no offers were received by any of these clubs - despite tha fact that they have all undergone financial difficulties since 1999.

A year later - still not having responded to the questions - Purdew bumped into Knight in the street, repeated the offer and again went straight to the media. Following that time, nothing has been heard since.

All of this is taken from Argus reports, transcripts of fans' meetings and Fanzine articles of the time.

This causes me to ask some questions:

1) Why is Mullers raising a story that is 4 years old? Is the man coming back with more money and answers? Or is Mullers simply rehashing old ground in an attempt to provoke a reaction? As Bozza has already said, this man is in the dim and distant past of Albion history.

2) What further information other than that already in the public domain does he want to know? And if Mullers is such a great Albion fan of many years standing, why didn't he know this?

3) If this man really had the Albion's best interests at heart why did he go about things in the way he did (unsettling the Falmer referendum, not answering questions etc.)?

4) Anybody who saw the TV documentary on his Health farm would have formed an opinion of this guy - would you want him running your football club?

Smiley Miley::drink:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Mullers, exactly what planet are you on.

Pardew wanted to build a leisure complex at Falmer, he has not interest with football, also he has less money than the board put together and of the money he does have its all tied up in his business interest in the fare east. He doesn’t have time to mess around with a football club. Anyway this happened four years ago, try to keep up.

You need to understand that when someone says that he/she are worth .. say ten million, it means just that. If he/she adds up all his/her assets that’s what there worth, the chances are that in reality they could get maybe 1 million together at short notice, added to this if they try to dispose of their assets they never realize anywhere near there book value. This is what happened to the git at palarse.

Your grasp of the situation is poor to say the least, there is no money around (excluding our Russian friends), and before you ask, he has cash to burn and needs to put it somewhere, anywhere. If you hadn’t noticed the world has been in a recession for the last a couple of years, people lost fortunes on the stock market so its unlikely that anyone other than a BHAFC nut is going to put money in the club.

You are without doubt a clown, but then someone has to be.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Papa Lazarou said:
OK - Smiley Miley has provided me with the definitive Stephen Purdew post .. read on ..

-------------------------------------------------

Stephen Purdew inherited his money from his father and has been moderately succesful in retaining the bulk of those funds in a world of Health Farm leisure which is a cut throat business due to the entry into the market of Hotel Health Clubs (he recently undertook a reverse takeover of Champneys Health Spas). His money however as at the time of the takeover attempt if not still now, was actually under the control of his mother.

An offer was made in 1999 to buy into the club. This offer was made via the local media and was fronted by Steve Foster - a number of questions were asked of the potential purchaser including how much money was being offered? what terms were applied to those funds? what role did Purdew want in the club? etc. and no answers were forthcoming. These questions were asked again publicly by Dick Knight both at a game at Gillingham and at a Fans Forum in Hove. Interestingly the offer came during the campaign to win the falmer referendum. The only figures that were mentioned were (when question on television how much he would put in) 'millions'. Now we all know that the current board investment is c4m (since 2002 this is all share capital and not loan capital) so replacing this for 'millions' tied to a loan would be a retrograde step. Also remember that £2million can be classed as 'millions'.

Purdew then said he would look to buy into other clubs - Luton, Portsmouth and Oxford were mentioned (interestingly all former clubs that Foster played for). As I understand it, no offers were received by any of these clubs - despite tha fact that they have all undergone financial difficulties since 1999.

A year later - still not having responded to the questions - Purdew bumped into Knight in the street, repeated the offer and again went straight to the media. Following that time, nothing has been heard since.

All of this is taken from Argus reports, transcripts of fans' meetings and Fanzine articles of the time.

This causes me to ask some questions:

1) Why is Mullers raising a story that is 4 years old? Is the man coming back with more money and answers? Or is Mullers simply rehashing old ground in an attempt to provoke a reaction? As Bozza has already said, this man is in the dim and distant past of Albion history.

2) What further information other than that already in the public domain does he want to know? And if Mullers is such a great Albion fan of many years standing, why didn't he know this?

3) If this man really had the Albion's best interests at heart why did he go about things in the way he did (unsettling the Falmer referendum, not answering questions etc.)?

4) Anybody who saw the TV documentary on his Health farm would have formed an opinion of this guy - would you want him running your football club?

Smiley Miley::drink:

Thank you again for this very interesting post. I do remember the Steve Foster thing some years ago, but understood that the issue had re-surfaced.

In response to your enquiry as to my interest, it is simply this. There was a post on another thread some days ago that somebody wanted to take control of the club, but wanted Dick Knight to stand aside, "and it's not Steve Fosters mate". As a great fan of Steve's Ilatched onto that. I have no idea who the other interested party is.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Gwylan said:
Top post Papa. Puts all the anti-Dick stuff in perspective.

Sadly - in this case I was simply the messenger from Smiley Miley, who remains marooned in an NSC posting free zone at Canary Wharf.

Thanks all the same though :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mullers said:
There was a post on another thread some days ago that somebody wanted to take control of the club, but wanted Dick Knight to stand aside, "and it's not Steve Fosters mate". As a great fan of Steve's Ilatched onto that.

Oh, it's an unsubstantiated rumour from the internet posted by someone you can't remember in relation to an unknown individual who claims to have lots of money and wants to throw it all way on the club, on which you are basing the salvation of the Albion on.

Based on those hard facts, I take it all back, it's Knight Out from me too from now on....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Mullers - Best thing for you to do is go to the Fans Forum at the Dogs stadium in August (forget the date) and ask/question/challenge DK to all your beliefs and see what HE says about it all. I for one will be going (hopefully) and even though I support DK 100% there are some questions I would like answers too, but it would be good to see what DK has to say about your rants.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wasting your time Crabbers, he has managed to secure an afternoon round doing the Argus during the school holidays, so it's double the money at Mullers Towers this month:clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't think Mullers actually understands what going into administration means.

You have to have large loans that you cannot pay and the creditors are demanding their payments NOW.

You haven't got any cash at all so the company has to go into adminstration to get the creditors to agree to take a percentage in the pound payment. They usually agree because a little is better than nothing.

As sullyupthewing quite rightly said 'We are not in HOCK'

Yes, we are living hand to mouth but we are getting fed.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
El Presidente said:
Wasting your time Crabbers, he has managed to secure an afternoon round doing the Argus during the school holidays, so it's double the money at Mullers Towers this month:clap:

OK, so are you actually going to pay for a season ticket, let alone three. No, then f*** off. I pay to into the club big time, and i don't expect to be shafted by Dick Knight, and given a sub-standard product for my money!:angry:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Back to Back Championships=substandard product? Short memory sunshine.

Yous season ticket money does not cover the cost of running the club, so stop whining

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
I don't think Mullers actually understands what going into administration means.

You have to have large loans that you cannot pay and the creditors are demanding their payments NOW.

You haven't got any cash at all so the company has to go into adminstration to get the creditors to agree to take a percentage in the pound payment. They usually agree because a little is better than nothing.

As sullyupthewing quite rightly said 'We are not in HOCK'

Yes, we are living hand to mouth but we are getting fed.
I know a great deal about it, I have used similar ploys myself!

Like you, i really do hope that all this talk is just hot air. However, if the post that we cannot pay the Inland Revenue is true, we may be faced with such actions as they do not f*** about!

Anyway, i have read the article on the official site by Dick Knight about looking forward not back. If he has told us the whole truth, then I intend to refrain from posting any more rants about the matter on here. And, if he has the whole thing under control, we can all look forward to watching Steve Coppell pull a few rabits out of hats this season!:drink: :wave:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As a lecturer in insolvency law, I would counsel against administration. Whilst the position can be abused, the costs can be significant, and it would almost certainly discourge lenders from providing the funds to build Falmer in the short to medium term.

There are also changes to insolvency legislation that will further create complications when they become part of statute.

People point at Leicester, but remember that they made significant redundancies at the club on the non-playing staff, and have struggled to sign players for decent fees during the close season.......strike force of Brian Deane, Paul Dickov and Les Ferdinand, midlfield of Daffy, Keith Gillespie, Muzzy Izzet and Craig Hignett??

Take the bookies offerings now on relegation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports