Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If the Albion were taken over by Middle Eastern or a US company

If Albion were taken over by a Middle Eastern or US company

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another pointless poll Icy. The Bloom family are not going anywhere.
The spread of votes would suggest not that pointless. Is it not a question you have thought about, regardless of how unlikely it is?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I'd switch to a more local club. Actually I live in SE London so maybe not too local. Charlton could work or maybe a slightly longer commute and up to Orient. I assume Scott McGleish is no longer there.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
No matter what the scenario, could you honestly imagine not checking the Albion result at final score every Saturday? Or not wanting them to have won when you switch on?

As mentioned above , we’ve had one undesirable at the club in the past and just look how the Albion fans dug in.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't honestly know.

Plenty of people went to watch the Albion (including me) when Archer was in charge , maybe not blood money but someone who just wanted to rip the club off. so to some or even many he was even worse.

I follow the club and that as an entity is distinct to players, manager or board.
As did I. Yes, I protested, marched, boycotted, etc when required, but the bottom line is I still went to (most of) the games to support the team. Consequently I've answered 'Other' because there are many other factors that would come into play. I hope I never have to make the decision.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
If we were bought by the Saudis or Qataris I'd be off like a shot, probably to watch Worthing. Not opposed to the US per se for idealogical reason but I'd be highly suspicious of any US owner given their complete lack of understanding of our game. I'd stick around and judge them on their merits.
Substitute Worthing for Peacehaven (although Worthing are a team I’ve seen a few times over the years) and this is exactly me.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
'Other' Hope I'd get involved in organizing protests, not just attending them.

And Lewes would be getting my custom.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
100128E6-69E2-415C-BE31-1B932C20D1C9.jpeg

It must NEVER happen …

Last edited:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I have already stopped going.

Re: Sportswashing bullshit Brighton are a team that doesn't set the pace in this regard. We aren't main cast. While we are on the front foot in many ways (recruitment, community work etc) we're very unfashionable overseas and will be one of the last on the shelf to investors. I mean, people would rather take our club and put it in black and white stripes or transplant it to Chelsea. Anything but call it Brighton and Hove Albion.

So when Bloom has to sell "for the good of the club" we'll probably be in minority to have an owner that isn't some ugly, offensive brand / holdings company / soulless state and as such it will make it much easier for people to just go along with it. A la Liverpool rumours. It's becoming normalised. Pre-Newcastle and it would be unthinkable. Now a lot of clubs are spinning the notion to their fans like it's a fight for survival.

We are very lucky to have Bloom. When the bottom falls out of football and everyone get's f***ed, I suspect Bloom might be there to walk around the rubble and sell the stadium for scrap. That can't be said for any of the plastics. Stavely, Boehly and co will safely be on the rocket to another planet by that point.

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
Tony has been amazing for our club and I wouldn't resent him if he decided to cash in. But I can't see him doing that and I hope it never happens.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I agree that TB are likely to stay , and thank God for that! Even if the amount of money available was a lot less due to the economy or whatever, I would rather we took the hit and stayed together.
In the poll I said “other” because I could not support such a club and I would just have a casual interest in the game without support of any club.
:bloom:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The bit that’s missing here is that is Tony felt it was the best thing for the club long term and sold on that basis would people have such issues with it? Seems like we all trust Tony more than anyone so why would we doubt him in that scenario?!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
If I was still in Sussex I'd switch my support to the non league clubs of my roots - Lewes/AFC Ringmer. But as I'm on Merseyside probably Prescot Cables - decent pubs in town, real ale in t'clubhouse and a couple of Walking football mates are volunteer stewards.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I was born in Hove(actually), I supported my home club when we were being ripped asunder by unscrupulous owners where we lost our home and nearly our club.
If it was taken over sheikh sellitall archer, I'd still support this club as the present bloke seems to have a rough idea what he's doing, so selling he would do all the proper checks

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I think conflating being taken over by a petrostate with a (presumably) horrendous human rights record and being taken over by a (presumably) clueless US investor isn't really fair. They are totally not the same thing. And while most Middle Eastern petrostates have poor human rights records, it's not a given that a US investor has to be clueless or bad.

Although, remember Donald Trump is an American, or some say he is, and there are a lot of seriously deluded Americans that support him vigorously.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It would depend who they were and their intentions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here