Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If the Albion were taken over by Middle Eastern or a US company

If Albion were taken over by a Middle Eastern or US company

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would you still be an ardent Albion fan?

I wouldn’t, f*** that….I think and hope

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Need to be a LOT more specific than that. There are US companies I'd be more than happy to be owned by. Others not so much.

I trust Tony Bloom though. There is no way he'd sell us to someone/something horrendous. IMO.

But given what I think you're suggesting, I've voted switch to non-league club - Worthing or East Preston, or a combination, probably.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Need to be a LOT more specific than that. There are US companies I'd be more than happy to be owned by. Others not so much.

I trust Tony Bloom though. There is no way he'd sell us to someone/something horrendous. IMO.

But given what I think you're suggesting, I've voted switch to non-league club - Worthing or East Preston, or a combination, probably.
I am thinking more along the lines of the Glaziers or the new Chelsea owners. A plaything or a money pit to be filched from

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I think conflating being taken over by a petrostate with a (presumably) horrendous human rights record and being taken over by a (presumably) clueless US investor isn't really fair. They are totally not the same thing. And while most Middle Eastern petrostates have poor human rights records, it's not a given that a US investor has to be clueless or bad.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don't honestly know.

Plenty of people went to watch the Albion (including me) when Archer was in charge , maybe not blood money but someone who just wanted to rip the club off. so to some or even many he was even worse.

I follow the club and that as an entity is distinct to players, manager or board.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think conflating being taken over by a petrostate with a (presumably) horrendous human rights record and being taken over by a (presumably) clueless US investor isn't really fair. They are totally not the same thing. And while most Middle Eastern petrostates have poor human rights records, it's not a given that a US investor has to be clueless or bad.
Fair comment

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I am thinking more along the lines of the Glaziers or the new Chelsea owners. A plaything or a money pit to be filched from
I think even comparing the Glaziers to being taken over by the sovereign wealth fund of a nation that murders journalists is still a silly thing to do. The Glaziers are bad, and have been bad, but they have not, as far as I know, murdered anybody (allegedly).

And it's too early to tell with Chelsea's owners. They might work out just fine. And even if you think they club is a "plaything" that doesn't necessarily make them bad for the club. Wrexham are clearly a vanity project for Rob and Ryan, but I think they'll be overall a positive for the club.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If we were bought by the Saudis or Qataris I'd be off like a shot, probably to watch Worthing. Not opposed to the US per se for idealogical reason but I'd be highly suspicious of any US owner given their complete lack of understanding of our game. I'd stick around and judge them on their merits.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'd still go to the ملعب المجتمع الأمريكي السريع, but with new owners, I'd still be sceptical about their actual reasons for buying, other than a 'Glazier fixed rate 25 year loan back type deal', which would leave us knackered.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think even comparing the Glaziers to being taken over by the sovereign wealth fund of a nation that murders journalists is still a silly thing to do. The Glazier are bad, and have been bad, but they have not, as far as I know, murdered anybody (allegedly).

And it's too early to tell with Chelsea's owners. They might work out just fine. And even if you think they club is a "plaything" that doesn't necessarily make them bad for the club. Wrexham are clearly a vanity project for Rob and Ryan, but I think they'll be overall a positive for the club.
I have not mentioned that the takeover needs to be by murderers have I, personally am not a fan of British football being taken over by foreigners…period

Arab states and US companies are both gaining too many British clubs imo

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lets not think about it

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'd probably follow Albion results still and visit Worthing, Lewes and Whitehawk for matches.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'd probably follow Albion results still and visit Worthing, Lewes and Whitehawk for matches.
Having been to Whitehawk recently, it really is not the same.
I don't think I could give up my club, why should I leave if undesirables took over, what I perceive as wrong is another mans right.
Like it or not owners come and go...
The good: Bamber, Knight, Bloom.
The Bad: Archer
The Ugly: Archer

I ain't going anywhere...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here