Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If sold, which player will Brighton get the most money for?

If sold, who will Brighton get the most money for?

• Alexis Mac Allister

Votes: 102 50.5%
  • Moisés Caicedo

Votes: 90 44.6%
  • Robert Sánchez

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Kaoru Mitoma

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Another Player

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Interesting times ahead with The Albion owning some highly rated players who are coveted by many larger clubs.

With Leo Trossard's contract only having 18 months remaining my guess is that like Bissouma, Trossard would be available for a lower fee than many of us would hope for.

Let's hope that no more than one sale takes place in any transfer window.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
MacAllister by a country mile.

before world cup might have been tight with Caicedo, unless he starts scoring goals cant see his value catching up.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Caicedo.

More players available with a style (defensive playmaker) similar to Ali Mac than Caicedo (box-to-box defensive midfielder).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Chelsea are offering £115M for Argentine midfielder Fernandez (IF - it sounds very unlike the development policy Potter was brought in to oversee) how much is his fellow Argentine WC winning midfielder worth?

Seriously though, if Chelsea do come in for any of ours (Trossard maybe, though can't see it myself) any deal must include Colwill coming the other way for £10M, otherwise no deal.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Caicedo.

More players available with a style (defensive playmaker) similar to Ali Mac than Caicedo (box-to-box defensive midfielder).
This ^

He is very Kanté like, and Kanté has certainly been one of the all time greats.

Love this saying...70% of the Earth is covered by water, the rest by N'golo Kanté.

I think that will be true of Caicedo too. Phenomenal player!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I think it all depends on when. If it’s January or the Summer, I reckon it’d be Ali Mac. Ride the wave of the WC. If it’s 18 months time, Caicedo may continue his upward trend and surpass him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mac Allisters stock is highest at the moment... but Caicedo will probably turn out to be our best player of all time imo. He's considerably better than Bissouma was to begin with, and a lot younger.

Predict that Caicedo will be our first ever 9 figure sale.
Lets dial it down a bit eh. Yes he's clearly a wonderful talent, but to decare him as probably the best player in the history of BHAFC, after 23 appearances, might just be over-egging the omlette a tad. Its not like Bissouma has set the world on fire since he left is it, yet there were some on here who saw him as the 2nd coming as well.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
McAllister currently worth around £75m , Moises around £70 m

Mitoma if he carries on playing as he is will be £60m by end of this season

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I would say Caicedo - partly because of the demand for defensive midfielders but he is also versatile and plays an aggressive midfield too, he’s got great positional sense - Liverpool certainly would be interested and his ’football’ would fit very well into Klopp’s system.

The only doubts I have ever had for Caicedo is his propensity for getting booked for defensive tackles - whether it’s clumsiness or timing - it is a problem for managers if it results in match bans as it did on Boxing Day.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Mac has just signed a contract and just won the world cup. Right now it's him unquestionably.
Yes, he’s just signed a new contract but what none of us know is whether there was a release clause? If his agent negotiated one then he could win the ballon d’or and the Eurovision Song Contest to go with his World Cup win and his price won’t go up!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’d be very disappointed to get less than £70m for MacAllister, similar for Caicedo. Subject to release clauses we may not know about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here