Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Fulham had offered £2.75m for Lewis Dunk, would you have accepted?

Would you have accepted £2.75m from Fulham for Lewis Dunk?

• Yes I would

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • No I wouldn't

Votes: 142 81.6%

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It has been suggested but Ward was on his way to sign for us so nothing is set until they actually sign. Dallian is highly rated as a CB in the DS.and may be ready in 12 months.
Very true - no transfer is done until it is signed.

I do worry that teams like Forest seem to be getting their act together this summer, and we are already being left behind.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends on the timing. If we had made some good signings including a couple of decent centre backs and maybe a decent forward I wouldn't be too concerned. If,as is more likely, we sell him before we've bought anyone in it would confirm my suspicions that our ambitions are just to try and stay in this division on a wing and a prayer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Everton, West Brom and West Ham interested. Blows Fulham out of the water on this deal.

He's gone, realistically.

Hope Barber gets a good price, and high sell-on.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Very true - no transfer is done until it is signed.

I do worry that teams like Forest seem to be getting their act together this summer, and we are already being left behind.

Except, again, we've no actual idea what's going on behind the scenes.

Not that I'm saying we should know either you understand, it's just that we could be talking to players/clubs/agents non-stop to make things happen or, just as likely, sod all is occurring.

I think we'll know how left behind we are when it kicks off. Sure, that's a long way away but anything could happen between now and then.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Curtis Nelson would be an ideal replacement. And we'd make a profit. We'd still need another late 20'2 central defender though. Bassong perhaps available after Norwich gained promotion?

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
James Perch from Wigan would be an excellent replacement

Perch certainly isn't a CB though. Good team player, but realistically only a Midfielder or a Full Back.

Are we going to go down the Brentford/Swindon route and specifically look for young CB's? Or take the best ones availble to us? I wonder if they'll look to foreign leagues for a replacement (if LD does move on) because that's usually a rarity in the championship.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
5M+ and only to the Prem as can't see him wanting to go to another champ club other than for money and I expect a new deal could be reached to solve that if he pushed

Would be sad to see him go for that but understand, at 2.75 would just show nothing's changed and we have no ambition

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Has there been news of another bid then? Or just more gossip about the other clubs interested

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Where's the option for "I don't know, I'm only a football supporter and thus have absolutely no idea on the worth of a player."?

A footballer is only worth what a buying club offers and a selling club accepts. Look at Bridcutt. NSC was full of "he's worth 10m+". The reality was he went for a lot less and hasn't pulled up any trees, suggesting the price paid was correct.

I doubt we'd accept a bid of 2.75m, but if we did, that's how much he's worth.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Hell yeah, that's more than Virgil van Dijk went for. We'd able to pick up a decent CB for much less than £2.75 and have money over

Those who'd turn that down are totally bonkers

Even if we can wait, get a bigger club come in and we get a higher (and more realistic) fee for him?

To take the first (undervalued) offer is, imo, totally bonkers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hell yeah, that's more than Virgil van Dijk went for. We'd able to pick up a decent CB for much less than £2.75 and have money over

Those who'd turn that down are totally bonkers

You have MASSIVELY more faith in our recruitment operation than I would. Obviously you're bearing in mind the £2.75m almost certainly wouldn't go back into the transfer/wages kitty?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
No, and Dunk should only go to a Prem club...

laugh.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here