Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icelandic wunderkid

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Looks about 12. Gosh it'd be exciting if we actually did have an Icelandic wunderkind on our hands!

Feb 12, 2013
Impressive for a 16 year old to score 5 vs players older than him, regardless of it being Eastbourne? Or does that detract significantly from it?

Same age. Their Academy side is available for players aged 16-19, but I know all bar one or two lads are 17. The rest are 16, the equivalent of the first year of U18 football. Still they are actually a very good side; so yes, to score five goals is rather impressive

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Is there any chance whatsoever of our holding on to this lad? He appears to be a great prospect. Is he actually our player? Have to say I'm a tad confused by this thread.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Is there any chance whatsoever of our holding on to this lad? He appears to be a great prospect. Is he actually our player? Have to say I'm a tad confused by this thread.

Some bullshit from football rumours was thrown in suggesting he had left for Reading. He hasn't.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks for that. Do you know where the Under 18s play their home games?

I believe they play at the University of Sussex Sports Grounds. The address given in the 2011-12 Youth Alliance Handbook is Ridge Road, Falmer, East Sussex, BN1 9RB.

I would assume that from next autumn, they will play their home games at the new academy at New Monks Farm, Lancing.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why wasn't he in the reserves at QPR?

You would have to ask Simon Ireland for the definitive answer, but presumably because we have more than 16 players available from whom to choose. He started against Ipswich and was a sub against Swansea.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Some bullshit from football rumours was thrown in suggesting he had left for Reading. He hasn't.

Thanks. That's helpful. I'd hate to think of Reading pinching another one of our players. The Steve Sidwell saga still rankles with me.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I believe they play at the University of Sussex Sports Grounds. The address given in the 2011-12 Youth Alliance Handbook is Ridge Road, Falmer, East Sussex, BN1 9RB.

I would assume that from next autumn, they will play their home games at the new academy at New Monks Farm, Lancing.

Thanks.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here