Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway Charged

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Said the shoulder to shoulder challenge about 4 mins earlier was blatant...last time I checked shoulder to shoulder was a legit tackle, his player just got outmuscled. The pen was blatant, arm over his head, the palace players didn't even protest which says a lot. He may have a point generally about bigger sides getting the rub of the green from refs but those 2 decisions were spot on.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Said the shoulder to shoulder challenge about 4 mins earlier was blatant...last time I checked shoulder to shoulder was a legit tackle, his player just got outmuscled. The pen was blatant, arm over his head, the palace players didn't even protest which says a lot. He may have a point generally about bigger sides getting the rub of the green from refs but those 2 decisions were spot on.

Don't bigger or perhaps better sides just have more action in dangerous areas where decisions really count?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Showed some passion, slated the ref, he was right with his comments. . .

Wrong

Right

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watching that match on MOTD2, his whole persona seemed odd to me. He wasn't expected to get anything from a team that finishes 5th every season, so why burst a blood vessel? It's a long old season. Given that his team aren't going to win their first game until late November, is he going to spend every post match interview whining about how bigger clubs than his (like Hull and Fulham) get the decisions and his doesn't?

And as has been said, you really can't complain about the decision. Sure it wasn't deliberate, but the ball blatantly hit the guy on the arm in the area and prevented the ball reaching it's target. Unfortunate, yes, (snigger) but not incorrect.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Showed some passion, slated the ref, he was right with his comments. He outsmarted Poyet and BHAFC on 13/5. Get over it. This obsession with Holloway is embarrassing. We collectively slaughtered him before 13/5 and he had the last laugh. Let it drop now.

No.

I hated him long before he was at Palace. I gave him full credit for beating us in May, but it doesn't change the fact that he is one of the most annoying people on the planet. His face, his voice, his 'wit' - the whole package is a perfect storm of all the things that wind me up and I will forever revel in any slight misfortune that goes his way, wherever he's managing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Agree with your analysis of the decisions, but although the one who conceded the pen (can't remember the no-marks name) didn't protest, others did. Jedinak was right in Clattenbergs ear over it, followed by a posse of others.

I like seeing those pens given. It aggravates me no end when defenders "star jump" to make themselves as big as possible to block a cross or shot, then try to pass it off as ball-to-hand. John Terry was the master of it, the cheeky scampster.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
he wasn't moaning about the pen - but the tackle should to shoulder on Dobbie which led to them losing possession and Spurs getting a penalty some 95 seconds later:ohmy:

Failed to remember the free kick given last season that wasn't a foul which lead Peterborough to be relegated.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
It was a pen 100%, IH was moaning about a challenge in the build up, Which was a 50/50 foul.

Silly of him to get done by the FA so early in the season when I'm sure we will have worst stuff happen sooner to later.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He was so wrong about the challenge on Dobbie - even Stevie Wonder could have seen it was a perfectly fair shoulder charge.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
No.

I hated him long before he was at Palace. I gave him full credit for beating us in May, but it doesn't change the fact that he is one of the most annoying people on the planet. His face, his voice, his 'wit' - the whole package is a perfect storm of all the things that wind me up and I will forever revel in any slight misfortune that goes his way, wherever he's managing.

This, the guy is a tosser!!

One game gone and Holloways lost it - plus 3 posts from Simpering Simeon from Surrey - hypocritical w@nker.:lolol::wanker:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
that didn't take long, lets hope its the first of many

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One game gone and Holloways lost it - plus 3 posts from Simpering Simeon from Surrey - hypocritical w@nker.:lolol::wanker:
Bless. He's here, boring the f**k out of everyone already. :lolol:

When are you going giggle like a 10 year old about their crowd sizes? :yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here