Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart- Worthing Herald

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes you do, with comments like that. I note that you did not join NSC until 2011, so you are either a JCL, a little boy or has never lost a family member, or as you say, a prick ? grow up or shut up, you are making yourself look like an idiot. By the way he did not bury my mum, he cremated her. He is a 'sound' bloke in my book, not because of his job, its because I have know him for a long time and his love for the Albion, may I suggest is more than most on here. I actually disagreed in what he said aswell, but I would say it to his face, not come on a message board, hide behind a keyboard and make fun of his profession.

Yourself and Spadge both have ridiculously low post counts, you could both be 2 alternative accounts battering each other behind a veil of semi anonymity.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
to be quite honest he is just stating the bleeding obvious
Oh yes it might be a struggle but on the other hand it might not be
where were Reading in the 2011/12 season at this time
AND THEY WENT UP AS CHAMPIONS
IT CAN BE DONE

Again that presupposes we're going to rip up our wages policy and go for the better players. Reading brought in Jason Roberts from Blackburn Rovers (then still a Premiership side) and he was (as any Reading fan will tell you) their MVP - in fact many Reading fans would still have him in their team today had he not retired.

Strikers cost money. Prolific strikers cost a prolific amount of money. Replacing Ulloa valued at £ 8 M with O'Grady valued at £ 500,000 and then blaming O'Grady for 'not being Ulloa' which is what Ian is implying in that article is unfair.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Feel free to criticise the article in the paper, but there's no need for snide little quips about what Harty does for a day job.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Again that presupposes we're going to rip up our wages policy and go for the better players. Reading brought in Jason Roberts from Blackburn Rovers (then still a Premiership side) and he was (as any Reading fan will tell you) their MVP - in fact many Reading fans would still have him in their team today had he not retired.

Strikers cost money. Prolific strikers cost a prolific amount of money. Replacing Ulloa valued at £ 8 M with O'Grady valued at £ 500,000 and then blaming O'Grady for 'not being Ulloa' which is what Ian is implying in that article is unfair.

As well as costing money strikers are a gamble. The fee bears little resemblance to the return from the players.

Dean Saunders cost nothing
Peter Ward cost £4,000
Bobby Zamora cost £100,000
Kurt Nogan cost nothing
Glenn Murray cost £300,000, as did Liam Dickenson
Stephen Dobbie cost £850,000
CMS cost £2.5 million
Ulloa cost £2 million
O'Grady cost £500,000
Baldock cost £1.5 million

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm confused. Essentially the article reads to me like this:

I'm worried: if we keep up this form we could get relegated, [something about o'grady] but I don't think we'll get relegated.

If you don't think we'll get relegated, why are you worried that if we keep up this form we'll get relegated?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
There isn't anything in there I would disagree with this week. Having said that, I do feel Harty's column has been a bit overly negative since Poyet left.

The good thing is that, especially in football, people have differing opinions - that is why we come to NSC. I still read Harty every week, and enjoy doing so, I just don't necessarily always agree with him!

Could this be because we have failed to improve since Gus departed due to our best players leaving and replacements not up to their standard?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Yes you do, with comments like that. I note that you did not join NSC until 2011, so you are either a JCL, a little boy or has never lost a family member, or as you say, a prick ? grow up or shut up, you are making yourself look like an idiot. By the way he did not bury my mum, he cremated her. He is a 'sound' bloke in my book, not because of his job, its because I have know him for a long time and his love for the Albion, may I suggest is more than most on here. I actually disagreed in what he said aswell, but I would say it to his face, not come on a message board, hide behind a keyboard and make fun of his profession.

So someone's a JCL because they only joined NSC in 2011?! 😕
I respect your defence of Harty but get a grip ffs! !!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Thanks for all the feedback, both positive and negative. Due to deadlines the column is written at 6am Wednesday morning, and was, as is with most of us Albion supporters a knee jerk reaction, the only difference being mine is lucky enough to be published.

Nearly 72 hours after the Cardiff I'm still disappointed, not just at the fact that we should have had all three points but for the season as a whole so far.

I know no team has a divine right to challenge for the play-offs every season, but with the sucess of the last two seasons we've set a standard, and let's not kid ourselves if we're nowhere near the play off picture come January, regardless of announced attendance figures there could be between 12,000-15,000 empty seats for some league games and with the core support we'd previously built up that will be a crying shame.

Could it have been all so different?

Do some employees at the club appear to actually not the grasp the nettle?

Who was the first choice for the managerial vacancy?

Is COG the Mark Farrington of his generation?

That's the wonderful thing about opinions and the supporting the Albion.

Spadge your more than entitled to your opinion, that's the beauty of football, just don't bring my day job into it.

Thanks

Harty

And don't blame the punctuation on me, that's what sub editors 'do', I run a full spell and grammar check before sending.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
He's spot on and thinking what most of us are.

The worry is O'Grady is not much worse than the others and is the only option we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here