Ian Hart in talking nonsense shocker

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
One thing I will say for Harty, he goes big on his home town and why not? Harty's articles are always looking to make Worthing better. His affection for the town is only matched by his love of the Albion but please come back and do the phone in Harty. We all miss you.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
worthing is a dump....undefendable.

guilborne centre (sp) and the area near the station.

plus try walking from the pier to the station at midnight sat or fri alone without getting a slap.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
The Mahaan is the best curry house in the world and that is a f***ing FACT.
You beat me to it!

Worthing is shit though, went to school there and remember many utterly crap nights in Rutherfords and Illusions as they were called then.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can't believe people still read his column, this along lauren Bravo's insipid meanderings cost them my readership.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am Worthing through and through but would chose Brighton to eat out in every time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
harty gone down in my estimation ,not on this subject but they way he runs hisfootball team

If you are no good do you end up playing with " The Stiffs " ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mahaan is quality as it Shafiques

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
None I'm afraid.

If anyone's interested Cuckfield has a starred restaurant. It's at Ockenden Manor...I do believe it is Sussex's only starred establishment.

There are two restaurants in Sussex with a micheliin star the other is west Stoke house in Chichester

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
One thing I will say for Harty, he goes big on his home town and why not? Harty's articles are always looking to make Worthing better. His affection for the town is only matched by his love of the Albion but please come back and do the phone in Harty. We all miss you.

I don't...Anti-Palace rabble-rousing talk is not fit for the airwaves IMHO.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
It's all about taste, but this country is poor regarding restaurants, except for a few good curry houses, or Thai joints.
Some of the places that specialize in certain foods are even rubbish at what little they do!

Sorry but thats shite. Restaurants are variable, but thats true of most places.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But we do have quite a reasonable variety of ethnic cuisine. A new breakfast cafe at the top of Broad street is supposed to be very good, but I've not tried it yet.

Sure, the guide is only their take on things. It's not definitive. Whilst their assessments are, IMHO, accurate their selection is skewed towards certain establishments.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here is the bender!

Attachments

• bender.jpg
    bender.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 76

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nice to see Steve Gritt on 'Hart of the matter'......he is a Brighton legend.

Gritty:bowdown:

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
This thread seams to have gone from eating places to which is the best town. Having been born in the area and moved away my opinion of the two are as follows. Brighton in the 70's crap hole full of locals trying to be cockneys, Worthing in the 70's full of people in Gods waiting room. Brighton in 2010 crap hole locals still think they're wide boys, Worthing in 2010 getting younger. I know where I would prefer a night out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports