Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart in talking nonsense shocker

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's one of the stupidest sentences of all time.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I remember an article in the Argus some months ago saying that Worthing was catching up with Brighton in the clubbing stakes, with a whole TWO clubs.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Shorehams got more quality restaurants than Worthing :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My 2010 Michelin guide begs to differ. Brighton has 10 restuarants listed, Worthing has just the 1.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well Brighton has THREE McDonalds and at last count Worthing had one. So there. Thread closed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
3 clubs thank you very much!!

What restaurant is listed, just out of interest ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well Brighton has THREE McDonalds and at last count Worthing had one. So there. Thread closed.

It appears that Worthing trumps Brighton 1-0 on Wimpys though. Has the East St restaurant closed down then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There are a few decent restaurants in Worthing. It's just that they have the notable disadvantage of being in Worthing.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I’VE never professed to being Egon Ronay but I am now very much of the opinion that, collectively, Worthing now has as many quality restaurants to rival the much-trumpeted Brighton and Hove.

I thought it was okay, however I am going to sub-edit that first sentence, because it is painful, doesn't actually make sense, and needs to have removed all the words serving no purpose.

"I'm no Egon Ronay, but Worthing surely now has the restaurants to rival much-trumpeted Brighton and Hove."

Less is more. Unless you're writing for the Independent.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I've been to the original Bryce's restaurant in Surrey, but not the Worthing one yet. Heard it's good though, think his daughter runs this one.

I thought it was okay, however I am going to sub-edit that first sentence, because it is painful, doesn't actually make sense, and needs to have removed all the words serving no purpose.

"I'm no Egon Ronay, but Worthing surely now has the restaurants to rival much-trumpeted Brighton and Hove."

Less is more. Unless you're writing for the Independent.

Why stop there?

His weekly column in the Worthing Herald
IAN HART Food for thought - Community - Worthing Herald

I am a trumpet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here