Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Very disappointed in Bruno, one of my favourite Albion players of all time. Not anymore. And the way Potter has poached Roberts and Bruno like they are his is poor too.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Bruno leaving causes a big problem and not just in the immediate future.

A lot of the names that are being mooted don’t have any experience of either playing in the league or managing it at any point. It’s imperative that whoever we get in has someone alongside them to give advice but also help them bed in. Think of Oscar and Nathan Jones as an obvious example. This time round that person would have been Bruno,

Liam Rosenior will not want to leave Derby, Pocognoli in Belgium… the only other obvious go to with Coaching experience would be Calderon.

Calderon assistant manager to the B team of a Second Div Spanish side is hardly a ringing endorsement.

With Esciso and Estupinan s lack of English and other potential Spanish speaking players, would need to have a Spanish speaker amongst the coaching staff.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Potter has a tribute article on the website, can't see one for Bruno or Roberts.

We'll have had a plan for Potter leaving. I just hope it didn't include Bruno easing the transition.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Calderon assistant manager to the B team of a Second Div Spanish side is hardly a ringing endorsement.

With Esciso and Estupinan s lack of English and other potential Spanish speaking players, would need to have a Spanish speaker amongst the coaching staff.

All part of Chelsea’s plan to make an upcoming rival weaker…

Long live the top six.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Potter has a tribute article on the website, can't see one for Bruno or Roberts.

We'll have had a plan for Potter leaving. I just hope it didn't include Bruno easing the transition.

There was a Bruno one not that long ago for his 10 years at the club. That's enough for me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All part of Chelsea’s plan to make an upcoming rival weaker…

Long live the top six.

Yes, but :lolol:

D4C1D84F-A3EC-47C6-ACA3-E74608659D98.jpeg

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Bruno leaving causes a big problem and not just in the immediate future.

A lot of the names that are being mooted don’t have any experience of either playing in the league or managing it at any point. It’s imperative that whoever we get in has someone alongside them to give advice but also help them bed in. Think of Oscar and Nathan Jones as an obvious example. This time round that person would have been Bruno,
That person will be Lallana, he has already been named as part of the interim coaching squad, as Crofts has already said he has been a huge part of our improvement and success over the last few years. Really pissed at the whole dept marching off to Mayfair just as we were getting settled into this season, which makes me even more thankful that we have someone like him on the books.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That person will be Lallana, he has already been named as part of the interim coaching squad, as Crofts has already said he has been a huge part of our improvement and success over the last few years. Really pissed at the whole dept marching off to Mayfair just as we were getting settled into this season, which makes me even more thankful that we have someone like him on the books.

This is true Lallana came here because of our style of football and Klopp told him he would learn under our set up here in Brighton and Potter, which he will have done.
I think possibly he could be that vital link to keep the players onboard with the long term plan.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Very disappointed in Bruno, one of my favourite Albion players of all time. Not anymore. And the way Potter has poached Roberts and Bruno like they are his is poor too.

It is poor but it is also what makes him such a good manager. He is ruthless, look at what he did for himself, quit playing early so he could go to Uni and get the knowledge to be a coach, then taking his family to frigging sweden to get a foot in the door, how he dealt with the likes of Knocky, Andone, Maupay and now moving to Chelsea and eviscerating our coaching dept for his personal glory. Great coach not sure what I think of him as a person.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Whoever painted over the mural a few years ago was just ahead of their time. Knocky was always the talented one.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I can’t tell you all how gutted I am about Bruno. I was even half excited about him taking charge on Saturday. A BHAFC legend taking us and picking us up and moving on from GP.
Can you imagine the atmos with Bruno as manager.?! Unreal.
I just can’t believe all that shit he spoke about being a seagull, and now this. It really seemed as though Bruno was one of us and would just stay around the club taking the payroll. But he’s as weak as the rest of them! Words mean nothing from him, fans mean nothing, a football club means nothing, camaraderie means nothing. He’s totally ****ing sold out I’m so pissed off at him. Potter yeah okay, I will take it or leave it, he does what he does he’s a football manager, Bruno!?? This is totally done me! I will be giving all my wrath and abuse next time Chelsea come to the AMEX.

Trying to think of an ex-player who has become a really influential manager here, the historians will have to help me out as I'm struggling apart from WW1 Webb. All our good managers have come and improved the club from outside bringing new ideas with them. So am I devastated that Bruno won't be our Frank Lampard boss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arguably Bruno has his extra-high status here because he was also given some of that belonging to Poyet and his great era here, who has been written a bit out of our history because of the way he left

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Trying to think of an ex-player who has become a really influential manager here, the historians will have to help me out as I'm struggling apart from WW1 Webb.

You don't have to go that far back. Horton came back as manager and did an excellent job, taking over when we 91st in the football league and taking us to the edge of the play-offs within a year. He sowed the seeds for Adams to come in and ... the rest is history. But it was Nobby who took us from rock bottom and set us on an upward trajectory.

He still regularly comments on the club on Twitter. He wouldn't be the worst choice to come in as a mentor to Crofts and Lallana if the club was looking for an experienced manager while they look to appoint someone permanent.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
After time to reflect on, in my opinion the worst part of this whole loss, I've come to a more pragmatic conclusion which didn't immediately register yesterday.

Imagine the scenario,
When we bring in a new coaching team, head coach, assistant(s), there may may have been no place for Bruno in the senior coaching setup.

Depending on who arrives they would have been able to decline Bruno's services at which point he would be consigned to the U21 coaching setup. When you consider the choice, Chelsea Vs. our U21 then it is somewhat easier to understand.

He may also be back one day, more experienced and richer in more ways than one.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
After time to reflect on, in my opinion the worst part of this whole loss, I've come to a more pragmatic conclusion which didn't immediately register yesterday.

Imagine the scenario,
When we bring in a new coaching team, head coach, assistant(s), there may may have been no place for Bruno in the senior coaching setup.

Depending on who arrives they would have been able to decline Bruno's services at which point he would be consigned to the U21 coaching setup. When you consider the choice, Chelsea Vs. our U21 then it is somewhat easier to understand.

He may also be back one day, more experienced and richer in more than one way.

And, as long as we can accept him, he now could potentially come back as a fully fledged and qualified manager one day, having learned everything he can from Potter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here