Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Probably. I can't see any of the available options being able to come in and get what Potter did out of this squad straight away. I fear we're going to have to give the new guy one, two, even three seasons to get us back to that level, who knows. We'll probably lose our key players as well...

A real kick in the bollocks. What a crap day.
Why ?

Plenty of managers come in to a club with a half decent squad and get them playing. We have a really good mid table squad now. No reason why we can't keep going. Potter was hardly getting blood from a stone !

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Dazzer6666

Ok if that's the case make some bullshit excuse and get the 2022/23 season photos cancled. Those photos r a waste of time for everyone if they all new. Made a mug of all the players and Albion staff!!! Plus wasted Tony money on a photographer!!!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Why ?

Plenty of managers come in to a club with a half decent squad and get them playing. We have a really good mid table squad now. No reason why we can't keep going. Potter was hardly getting blood from a stone !

And I just remind myself of those runs of loses (twice?) where he literally didn't seem to have a clue how to get us out of it. Thrilling at times, undoubtedly, but he sure as hell had some wobbles.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Bruno obviously feels he can still learn a lot from Potter, he will also need to take into account new manager may not want him and Chelsea will have at least doubled his wages

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Bruno was a great player and has done a lot of the community

But

For godddds sake does anyone actually know if he's any good as a coach?

Bruno was our attacking coach

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You’re assuming the decision was made yesterday/today. I suspect it was several days ago.

When Potter celebrated the 5th goal with the fans, do you think Bruno and he had been talking secretly to Chelsea?

I know illegal/against contract approaches have always been rife, but naive me thinks that this time, it really all did happen midweek.

Tuchel and Boehly had been clashing, Boehly had a long list of candidates with Potter at the top.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
So many threads, but I thought that I would comment on one started by the boards owner. Our ex first team coaches are sadly mercenaries, choosing to work for the first club that has offered to pay significantly more for their services, but with them giving absolutely no allegiances, whatever, other than paying particular attention to the compensation clauses in their Contracts. It’s really sad, because I thought that some of those involved may have been happy with millions rather than 10’s of millions, but there you go.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When Potter celebrated the 5th goal with the fans, do you think Bruno and he had been talking secretly to Chelsea?

top.

Not to Chelsea but plausible that Potter had already had discussions with Bruno, etc along the lines that “if a top club comes in for me would you come with me?”

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
They all knew the effect their departures would have on the Albion and yet still proceeded to carry on.

Says it all.

It’s a reflection of modern society and greed that has taken over.

Who is to blame really?

Football is dead.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Already over it, but then again I was never really on it.

Had some great games for the club but also had some awful ones and I never really understood the weird adulation. He was hardly a one man club but was quite happy to re-branded one.

If you do all that kissing the badge, "always a seagull" nonsense you're gonna look a bit silly when a bit cheque is passed under your nose.

Bloke with a nice beard who played for Brighton in his career. That's all.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I know illegal/against contract approaches have always been rife, but naive me thinks that this time, it really all did happen midweek.

Tuchel and Boehly had been clashing, Boehly had a long list of candidates with Potter at the top.

Yes. Boehly had decided to get rid of Tuchel several days beforehand according to reports (and I suspect had spoken to both Bloom and Potter - our lack of bleating strongly points to not being surprised). Hardly Oscar-levels of acting required for Potter to throw a fist at the NS on his way off……particularly as Chelsea at that point was a ‘maybe’ rather than done deal.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Bruno leaving causes a big problem and not just in the immediate future.

A lot of the names that are being mooted don’t have any experience of either playing in the league or managing it at any point. It’s imperative that whoever we get in has someone alongside them to give advice but also help them bed in. Think of Oscar and Nathan Jones as an obvious example. This time round that person would have been Bruno,

Liam Rosenior will not want to leave Derby, Pocognoli in Belgium… the only other obvious go to with Coaching experience would be Calderon.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Bruno guaranteeing himself an easy role tagging along with the rest of the band. And when Chelsea sack them all he can tag on to the next gig. Can't blame him. Hours drive from Brighton to Cobham too, perfect!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here