Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think the kit looks great

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It still looked ****ing awful on the t.v. No part looked good. On t.v you get a lot of views of the player from behind and that made it look like we were wearing a particularly ugly spurs or leeds kit and then when you got a front view you get to enjoy the far too wide blue stripes with the hideous yellow down the middle. It's a very poor effort.

The football played in it was great, it's just a shame that the kit doesn't come anywhere near matching it. This could be our greatest ever season and when we look back on it we're going to be faced with this abomination of a kit. Ah well.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think it looks good on them. Maybe not on pot bellied supporters.

Even slimmish supporters struggle in modern kits. They’re too narrow.
Bring back roomy 90s shirts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I much prefer it to the pin stripe one of a couple of years ago

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Still looks awful, the plain white socks and shorts add nothing. It looks like a team has had to borrow the opposition’s spare shirts to go with their white kit. Terrible.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think it looks good on them. Maybe not on pot bellied supporters.

Football shirts only look good on professional football players - and not all of them

8b03dc5547a70658768296752652c3b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
View attachment 150448

I did wonder if it might look better during a game as you see lots of different angles. So from the side for example it looks more striped than from the front. All the promo pics were from the front which didn’t do it any favours. Watching from the stands people may like it more than they did from seeing it online.

Looks like Welbeck’s shirt had an extra stripe at the side compared to Trossard’s. Do bigger shirts have more stripes? Odd.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
To be fair, the Fat Boy Slim as a role model with it hugging to his belly was probably not a great advert for it.
It looked ok with professional players wearing it. It will not be my favourite however.

attachment.php

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looks like Welbeck’s shirt had an extra stripe at the side compared to Trossard’s. Do bigger shirts have more stripes? Odd.

Blimey it's 8am on a Sunday morning.

Are you on the Spot The Difference Pro Tour?

scooter1

How soon is now?
I’ve just had to go back a re-look at that, and you’re right. The larger the shirt, there is a white stripe to be added between the front blue and rear blue stripes. Caicedo and Ale Mac have what looks like a 1cm white bit.
That’s not good, IMHO

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I really don't like the shirt, but agree it is improved with the white shorts and socks.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's slightly less shit than some that we've had, I suppose. A truncated stripe is better than no stripe at all.......... but why a blue and white stripe kit needs sny yellow in it is beyond me. Have they somehow managed to over-buy so much yellow dye that they have to use it up regardless? Couldn't they just make the team towels and underpants yellow in that case, and leave the shirts alone?

Oh come on there isn't that much yellow in it! It's just the trim really, and personally l think it sets the rest of the kit off really well.

#teamyellow.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Mine will have loads of extra stripes

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Having seen it yesterday both on the field and off it i am still not a fan but do agree it looks better on the players . Front of the shirt i still cannot get over the big white H and the yellow stripe in the middle and the back if you are not a player or do not pay extra for printing name and number is basically a blue yoke at the top then a few token stripes at the bottom with a vast expanse of almost circular white nothingness in the middle ( so bad that i almost wonder if it was done to encourage the need to buy printing cynic that i am ) .

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I hate the kit. But once the team were out and playing beautiful football, I didn't notice once, not even once.

This. I can't stand the shirt and will not be buying one for myself. However, the design of the shirt players are actually wearing in a match pretty much passes me by.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I did think it improved with each goal we scored and suspect that will continue throughout the season ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here