Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “I think he's an Albion fan", Athens/AEK edition

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Flying out from Birmingham Airport and getting a connecting flight from Paris to Athens on the Thursday. What could possibly go wrong?

I can pretty much guarantee I'll be in a minority of 1 Albion fan on that flight.

Bonnet de douche

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231117-202955.png
    Screenshot_20231117-202955.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
I didn't fancy the 72 Hour journey via, Drum Roll please. Brighton to London, London to Brussels, Brussels to Stuttgart, Stuttgart to Zagreb, Zagreb to Belgrade, Belgrade to Skopje, Skopje to Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki to Athens. Also on the Zagreb to Belgrade leg there is this note: This train is still suspended, originally due to Covid-19, now down to Croatian & Serbian incompetence.

So then the alternative route is. London to Paris, Paris to Vienna, Vienna to Bucharest, Bucharest to Sofia, then bus to Thessaloniki, then train to Athens, bit of a headache but I did have a look.
How come there's no park and ride?

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Out: Tues 28th - LGW - 13:15 - Sky Express
Return: Fri 1st - into LGW - 10:25 - Sky Express
Staying: Acropolian Spirit

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Out Mon 27th from LGW 07.30
Staying at Amalia Hotel
Return Mon 4th to LGW 14.05

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I didn't fancy the 72 Hour journey via, Drum Roll please. Brighton to London, London to Brussels, Brussels to Stuttgart, Stuttgart to Zagreb, Zagreb to Belgrade, Belgrade to Skopje, Skopje to Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki to Athens. Also on the Zagreb to Belgrade leg there is this note: This train is still suspended, originally due to Covid-19, now down to Croatian & Serbian incompetence.

So then the alternative route is. London to Paris, Paris to Vienna, Vienna to Bucharest, Bucharest to Sofia, then bus to Thessaloniki, then train to Athens, bit of a headache but I did have a look.
Thessaloniki to Athens is currently suspended due to flooding! Also the narrow gauge rack railway is closed due to a land slip. Doesn’t leave too much for me to spot!

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
If it was nearer to Xmas my response to this thread would be 'Bah Humbug'. I'm not jealous at all obviously!! :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

London to Brindisi, ferry to Athens. Easy.

Flying out on EZY8181 on Tuesday 28th November

Staying at the Athens Mirabello from 28/11 to 1/12

Returning on EZY6406 on Friday 1st December
Also on the EZY8181 that day. 8:10 flight?

Staying at the Athos Hotel near Syntama Square. Making a longer trip of it than most as flying back on Sunday 3rd on the 13:25 flight.

Hoping theres a Greek Super League Div 2 game happening on the Saturday to fit in around AEK day and general sightseeing plans.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
OUT: Wed 29th Stansted-Athens Ryanair FR53 - 18:20-23:55
IN: Fri 1st Athens-Stansted Ryanair FR52 - 1600-17:55

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here