Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "I think he's an Albion fan", Amsterdam/Ajax edition

Diocletian

Feb 16, 2023
Thanks. Just looked and whilst a nice place in its own right, I don’t think this is the one.
It might be one of these brown bars

Great little bar and nice snacks

Lovely food and probably the best ribs I've ever eaten but maybe not the one with the panels

Both are minutes away from Cafe de Prins

Last edited:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton

Lovely food and probably the best ribs I've ever eaten but maybe not the one with the panels

If you like beer, you have to try this place out.

https://www.arendsnest.nl/en/enjoy-beer-from-dutch-brewers/

Jealous. Have a great time!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
…only if he turns up for the match in a dinner jacket.
Actually discussed this point with the Mrs at half time today. When we get back to the ship after the game, we’ll want to hit the Gin Fizz bar and you need to be in “smart attire” for that. Don’t want to waste time getting changed, so may well go to the game dressed up a bit (won’t be dinner jacket, though, that will get an airing on Friday evening).

FairWeatherFan

Jun 9, 2011
7am flight from MAN on Thursday.
9pm flight back on Friday
Staying at the Nova hotel by Dam Square

We don't have tickets for the game, but will be at the comedy show.

Diocletian

Feb 16, 2023
Brilliant bar and only about 10 minutes walk from the Prins
Amazing beers on offer and the jenever gins they have especially the Corenwijn's are something to enjoy.
As Brighton Cottager has said the Jordaan has some great bars and restaurants and is one of the safest areas in Amsterdam

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Actually discussed this point with the Mrs at half time today. When we get back to the ship after the game, we’ll want to hit the Gin Fizz bar and you need to be in “smart attire” for that. Don’t want to waste time getting changed, so may well go to the game dressed up a bit (won’t be dinner jacket, though, that will get an airing on Friday evening).
I'm basically picturing the opening of Goldfinger, with you going to the game with a seagull strapped to your head and then removing a whole layer to reveal a white suit underneath.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Don't think I've ever seen a place with a dress code in Amsterdam !! They just don't dress up like the Germans. What is this gin fizz bar lol?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Wow.

I think it’s De Reiger! I found a couple of photos on my phone from 2018 and the plates and beer mats match those in the TripAdvisor photos. Comments in TripAdvisor suggest game and fish, which the restaurant was. I also took a photo of a label on a beer tap and, although the background is quite limited, it seems to match the bar.

Thank you so much for this.

Another example of how useful this site is!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't think I've ever seen a place with a dress code in Amsterdam !! They just don't dress up like the Germans. What is this gin fizz bar lol?
If dressing-up-like-Germans is your thing, I have an address. DM me.

Diocletian

Feb 16, 2023
We went here over the summer and that cheese/ eggs combo ( I don't eat meat) is a stomach-liner. Yum. There are some good bars around there as well.

This is what you can expect

Attachments

• Uitsmijter.jpg
    Uitsmijter.jpg
    713.5 KB · Views: 73

Diocletian

Feb 16, 2023
Wow.

I think it’s De Reiger! I found a couple of photos on my phone from 2018 and the plates and beer mats match those in the TripAdvisor photos. Comments in TripAdvisor suggest game and fish, which the restaurant was. I also took a photo of a label on a beer tap and, although the background is quite limited, it seems to match the bar.

Thank you so much for this.

Another example of how useful this site is!
I think it could be this one which is another of my favourite bars/restaurants

About 10 minute walk from Cafe du Prins as you head down the Prinsengracht Canal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here