[Albion] "I think he's an Albion fan", Amsterdam/Ajax edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The arrival in Amsterdam ‘c. 3pm’ would worry me a little. The ticket collection closes at 4.45pm.

have that Albion support line number to hand @sully
Don’t worry. I have!
From past experience, they’re generally pretty good at hitting the arrival and departure times, so only a little nervous.
The cruise terminal is also quite central, so should be able to get to the pickup point easily by 4.🤞🏻

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Don’t worry. I have!
From past experience, they’re generally pretty good at hitting the arrival and departure times, so only a little nervous.
The cruise terminal is also quite central, so should be able to get to the pickup point easily by 4.🤞🏻
I see that the mini cruise is sold out too, absolutely superb way to get there!! Bested only by a crossing from Hull & Back on a beaten up fishing trawler….. “Eyeaxe”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And your lunch arrangements???
Thursday will be tricky due to arrival time but Friday brunch is booked. That said, I absolutely love them Febu croquette things. Expect some heavy action on this front.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I see that the mini cruise is sold out too, absolutely superb way to get there!! Bested only by a crossing from Hull & Back on a beaten up fishing trawler….. “Eyeaxe”
IMG_2580.jpeg

Literally got it on in the background as we speak!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
➡️ 8th Nov on 19.40 Heathrow to Amsterdam (BA0444]
🏨 easyHotel Amsterdam City Centre
⬅️ 11th Nov on 17.30 Amsterdam to Heathrow (BA0447)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Thursday will be tricky due to arrival time but Friday brunch is booked. That said, I absolutely love them Febu croquette things. Expect some heavy action on this front.
Happy to take on board any Friday Brunch recommendations HT.... your Marseille selections were seemingly top drawer.... I assume a nice canal view spot!?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Happy to take on board any Friday Brunch recommendations HT.... your Marseille selections were seemingly top drawer.... I assume a nice canal view spot!?
For sure. Friday brunch will be at https://deprins.nl/en/ I have to give @Diocletian the credit for this thought. It looks a nice place and does a hearty breakfast which will set us up for the day “Uitsmijter breakfast – slices of bread topped with a layers of Gouda cheese, ham and fried eggs”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Im also trying to identify a lovely cosy bar/restaurant I went to in 2018. It was a nice dark wood paneled bar with a dark wood paneled dining room to the side. Food was fine dining and hearty Dutch gastro pub style. It’s bugging me that I can’t find it; maybe it’s closed.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Im also trying to identify a lovely cosy bar/restaurant I went to in 2018. It was a nice dark wood paneled bar with a dark wood paneled dining room to the side. Food was fine dining and hearty Dutch gastro pub style. It’s bugging me that I can’t find it; maybe it’s closed.
If it had a wooden staircase and served lovely cocktails that sounds like Bar Oldenhof ( spelling could be wrong) lovely place .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it had a wooden staircase and served lovely cocktails that sounds like Bar Oldenhof ( spelling could be wrong) lovely place .
Thanks. Just looked and whilst a nice place in its own right, I don’t think this is the one.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
For sure. Friday brunch will be at https://deprins.nl/en/ I have to give @Diocletian the credit for this thought. It looks a nice place and does a hearty breakfast which will set us up for the day “Uitsmijter breakfast – slices of bread topped with a layers of Gouda cheese, ham and fried eggs”
We went here over the summer and that cheese/ eggs combo ( I don't eat meat) is a stomach-liner. Yum. There are some good bars around there as well.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I have been recommended this fine dining place for evening mainly because it is near my hotel.... but looks good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have been recommended this fine dining place for evening mainly because it is near my hotel.... but looks good.
Looks great; I love a bit of “casual” fine-dining. Good food, lovely venue, but not too stiff looking.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Is anyone else on the 18:25 Easyjet flight from Luton to Amsterdam on the 8th? I can't remember the name of our hotel off the top of my head but I can recall it had two whole stars...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports