Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope Tony is as utterely distraught (privately) as I am

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What I feel depressing is that some here, think we should retain most of our side & we will do fine next season! When the likes of Calderon, to whom we all have a soft spot, wins the player of the season - that in any normal season, our points tally of 46 = certain relegation, the club has a mountain to climb next year. We basically need a new team!

5 out of the last 10 seasons 46 points has been enough to stay up.

Not that it makes this slag of a season any more palatable, mind.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Bournemouth- I just don't go with all this well done crap .
The fact that Tommy and Steve are there as well just piles on the agony.
This is hurting me bad - Watford and Bournemouth give me strength- we have cocked this up big time.
Makes our job more difficult next year as well - only one of 'Boro, Norwich, Derby. Forest , Bolton etc. will not be fighting with us next year plus QPR Sunderland and Burnley with their parachutes - Game on !

You watch Bristol City hit the top six too.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I agree, if anyone at work tomorrow says that Bournemouth did well I ann going to smack them in the mouth. OK, it's illegal but I'm one big mad mother. Maybee that' what we need more of at the club!

Jealousy is an ugly trait. Bmuff got promoted because they have played the best football as a team with a clever manager. Even last season they looked good so it is no surprise to me that they have done even better this term.
We have taken our eye off the first team in a massive way. We will not make this mistake again.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Jealousy is an ugly trait. Bmuff got promoted because they have played the best football as a team with a clever manager. Even last season they looked good so it is no surprise to me that they have done even better this term.
We have taken our eye off the first team in a massive way. We will not make this mistake again.

I hope you are right. I cannot believe how far we have fallen this season when we have been in the playoffs for the last two. We see others promoted and we always miss out. Our players on transfer/loan do better in other teams than they ever do with us, so where do we actually go wrong? Find it all depressing to be honest and don't have that much confidence in the needed team rebuilding during the summer.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Good old Albion. Core business activity: real estate.

Albion's core business is paying the wages and fees of footballers. Nearly £500k a week on its squad.
I'm frustrated that we've finished 20th. And I'm frustrated that we've spent that fortune on a squad thats weaker than it looked.
But it doesn't mean Tony Bloom has spent £205m of his fortune to become a mad property developer. He's no chance of making anything back from the stadium, or the Academy. If he was a hotel developer then Falmer wouldn't be the best place to start.
Every time you say it , its an insult to the money he's put into the club and his commitment to turning this club round.
So why do you keep saying it when the facts don't stack up.

How on earth can Tony Bloom make a profit from selling the real estate he's built and to who if thats his core business . Please tell us .

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I agree, if anyone at work tomorrow says that Bournemouth did well I ann going to smack them in the mouth. OK, it's illegal but I'm one big mad mother. Maybee that' what we need more of at the club!

I thought Bournemouth have done really well this season and scored some great goals last night.

My anger is vented at the poor recruitment last summer and the summer before when Kemy was signed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i cannot see us achieving anything other than potentially avoiding relegation again. It's in the clubs DNA to f uck things up. When we were at Withdean, we couldn't go up because we were too little and poor. Now it's because we don't have Parachute payments and FFP goes against us. Face it, we all drew the short straw when the Albion picked us :(

Elsewhere, Watford and Bmuff have won promotion to the Richest sports league in the world as we await pre season fixtures against the likes of Pathetico Royale and Hold-My Thistle....ooow, the excitement builds, I can't wait. FFS, Brighton just gives us a bloody break from the constant disappointment. I no longer give a flying fig about pie, architecture, catering and best car park awards. Consistent, top of the championship yo yo between the top flights please for a couple of decades just like ALL THE OTHER CLUBS WITH SIMILAR SIZED SUPPORT!!!! aaaaaahahhhhhhhh, I can't cope with this hope for much longer!!!

We won four trophies at Withdean,
Wigan were also in the playoffs last season, & have messed up more than us.

Premier League? I can't wait for the season where we will be lucky to get two or three wins, a few draws & many losses, just so that we can have a few millions in the bank.
It won't guarantee full houses every week. In fact, I think the numbers would drop like they did in 82 & 83.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
we always miss out. .
Ask Boro, Derby or Forest fans how they're feeling at the moment.
Ask Wigan , in the play offs last season.
If you really want despair then have a word with Blackpool and Leeds fans. At least our owner is a lifelong fan of the club.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If you really want despair then have a word with Blackpool and Leeds fans. At least our owner is a lifelong fan of the club.

Well said.

I share the OP's feelings to an extent, and know I will get thoroughly sick of all the "plucky little Bournemouth" stuff. But that will fade (for me at least) and we have our fate in our own hands. Bu66er everybody else.

If we get it right, we could be changing places with them at the beginning of season 2016/17..... Then again, I said that about Palace as well. Let's Just aim to get 4 South Coast clubs in the Premier League if Portsmouth Dan get their act together as well. Now there's a club that's fallen a long way.....

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
We won four trophies at Withdean,
Wigan were also in the playoffs last season, & have messed up more than us.

Premier League? I can't wait for the season where we will be lucky to get two or three wins, a few draws & many losses, just so that we can have a few millions in the bank.
It won't guarantee full houses every week. In fact, I think the numbers would drop like they did in 82 & 83.

I think if the club did get to the PL I would be priced out of going, more then happy to stay in this league, although we need to play better football. I would like us to go on a good cup run.
We can moan as much as we like about not getting promoted, the facts are that we can not financially compete with half the teams in the championship. The only way is to invest in the academy and hope we can build a squad to challenge, that's what we could do better, find good players and turn them into quality players.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I hope you are right. I cannot believe how far we have fallen this season when we have been in the playoffs for the last two. We see others promoted and we always miss out. Our players on transfer/loan do better in other teams than they ever do with us, so where do we actually go wrong? Find it all depressing to be honest and don't have that much confidence in the needed team rebuilding during the summer.

Very much this! I can't believe it either, we are 14 places lower in the same :censored: league! It is an absolute total and utter shambolic disgrace and the whole board ought to be sacked and Tony Bloom should do the decent thing and sell to a foreign business man then maybe we'd have half a chance of promotion. When was the last time we were promoted, let alone as champions FFS? A big club like us should be in the Premier League, it's our natural home. How much of our money has been wasted on the new stadium and new training facilities? Look where it's got us? All this nonsense about building for the future, we don't want success tomorrow, we deserve success now. It's pathetic, were just a feeder club to the teams in the league above, where we would be if they'd only listened to the fans when we said don't sell Tommy and Cookie. We don't need to waste money developing young players or buying old guys who are past it or loan players. It's so obvious and so simple, bin the whole team there a waste of space, buy in good young players cheaply and then be successful like Bournemouth. You're right Spicy, we do always miss out. How many times have we missed out on promotion since we lost the Goldstone? Same old Brighton, always relegation fodder, never successful. Take off your rose tinted glasses Tony and smell the coffee! :rant: Rant over.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

Or ask me as a Brighton fan when we were beaten by Palace in the playoffs, when we have been disappointed time and time again in games this season when we have had 60% possession and still haven't won. I have no interest in other clubs, only the Albion.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Very much this! I can't believe it either, we are 14 places lower in the same :censored: league! It is an absolute total and utter shambolic disgrace and the whole board ought to be sacked and Tony Bloom should do the decent thing and sell to a foreign business man then maybe we'd have half a chance of promotion. When was the last time we were promoted, let alone as champions FFS? A big club like us should be in the Premier League, it's our natural home. How much of our money has been wasted on the new stadium and new training facilities? Look where it's got us? All this nonsense about building for the future, we don't want success tomorrow, we deserve success now. It's pathetic, were just a feeder club to the teams in the league above, where we would be if they'd only listened to the fans when we said don't sell Tommy and Cookie. We don't need to waste money developing young players or buying old guys who are past it or loan players. It's so obvious and so simple, bin the whole team there a waste of space, buy in good young players cheaply and then be successful like Bournemouth. You're right Spicy, we do always miss out. How many times have we missed out on promotion since we lost the Goldstone? Same old Brighton, always relegation fodder, never successful. Take off your rose tinted glasses Tony and smell the coffee! :rant: Rant over.

Great rant, Diego - unsure if I am that angry but you make some good points. Even me as the eternal optimist feels pessimistic.:smile:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
It's only football ffs. P1ssed off with many performances this season, next can only be better, and so on after that. Onwards and upwards.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
It's only football ffs. P1ssed off with many performances this season, next can only be better, and so on after that. Onwards and upwards.
Yes it's football. If you feel like that; join the women's institute! I'll pretend I did not read your post!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here