Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Have had enough now

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Whilst we are on the subject, The thing I hate most about Scottish Football is Sports report on a Saturday night on Five live.

Scottish League Third division.

East Stirling 0 Forfar 0
Dog and Duck 1 Raith Rovers 2
The Royal Oak 0 Stranraer 0

Who Cares? Is there anyone listening intently to see if Kilmarnock have banged 5 past Berwick Rangers? Only 200 people turn up at some of these games for god sake. This should be consigned to the bin that Welsh and Irish football live in which it is out of sight, out of mind and certainly not on the radio. One things for sure. Once I've listened to those results that's 30 seconds of my life I wont get back.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Hannibal smith said:
Whilst we are on the subject, The thing I hate most about Scottish Football is Sports report on a Saturday night on Five live.

East Stirling 0 Forfar 0

Who Cares? Is there anyone listening intently to see if Kilmarnock have banged 5 past Berwick Rangers? Only 200 people turn up at some of these games for god sake. This should be consigned to the bin that Welsh and Irish football live in which it is out of sight, out of mind and certainly not on the radio. One things for sure. Once I've listened to those results that's 30 seconds of my life I wont get back.

I was living near Stranraer in 1994 when the club was promoted for the first time in 123 years!!!! They even won the feckin 3rd Division championship .... and the crowd for the promotion deciding fixture was ................................................................................................................................ wait for it .................................................................................................................. 830

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Hannibal smith said:

East Stirling 0 Forfar 0

:lolol: :flameboun

I have said this in the pub many times waiting for the tables !!

Who gives a F*** about "Queen of the bleedin South!!?"

Where's the fookin championship table!!!

:clap:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
anyone remember Thatchers map of the UK published in I think it was the Not The Nine O'Clock News book

England was the size of Asia, Wales didn't exist, neither did the North( just the M1 going up the middle of England with sea surrounding it) and where Scotland should have been there was a great big oil slick.

DT We won the World Cup mate...hardly nuffink:salute:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Digweeds Trousers said:
We are all on hear for the love of the Albion but I am getting really sick and tired of the shit that is flying at the Scottish team at the moment.

You really seem to think that you are that f***ing wonderful - well get a grip. You are a very mediocre side, full of overpaid halfwits, who are so firmly wedged up their own backsides they cannot see the light of day.

I am so f***ed off with the abuse being aimed at my country by people who either do not have a clue what the scottish side are up against the moment, or are just relieved that they won't get embarrased by us for the forseeable future.

You rae not a good side, and that is simply being magnified by the feeble attempts by some on this board to set the Scottish side up as a bunch of clowns.

I find that offensive. They are simply not very good. But I will wait to be judged by someone from a country that can play football as a nation rather than bottle out of penlaty compettitions, roast girls in hotels, and wear sarrongs, marry plastic talentless witches who can't sing and yet find themselves as the King and Queen of Chav ville.

At least we don't wear skirts and have a kraut as manager! (Sven is bad enough!)

Look mate, to those of us that remember the tribes of English hating savages that used to decend from the wilds of jock-land to go to Wembley every other year for the home internationals, this is pay-back time.:lolol: :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hannibal smith said:

East Stirling 0 Forfar 0

Wise words. No-one gives a tuppenny f*** past Scottish division 1. And they should also only give out the old firm scores if they haven't won. That should save a precious 4 or 5 seconds about 40 Saturdays a year.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Scarface said:
There were people next to us in the pub cheering Poland on against Wales. We tried to make them see that we would prefer it if Wales were to win as it would mean we were further clear at the top but they were having none of it. Just because we were English meant that we automatically had to hate the rest of the British teams and wouldn't see the bigger picture.

Mate, I suggest you pop down to Ninian Park and try that little argument down there. I couldn't care if it meant Poland qualified and we didn't, I'd still hate the taffs to win any game.

Same as the jocks, I worked in the north east of Scotland for a few years and it is unbelievable. I've been turned away from three nightclubs for being English!

The problem for Scotland is that their players are shite. If Gordon Strachan was appointed, their players would still be shite. Not that I give a f***.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Scotlands problem is they have a pointless Mickey Mouse league in which (similar to the premiershite ) there are 2 teams that will contest it!

They import Crap European players and the Scottish Players in the top teams (well, Celtic and Rangers) are Shite!!

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Personally I think Scotland is justification for WMD. Why would God have given the world Scotland if it wasn't as a place to test them?

I have nothing against Scots as individuals, its just the notion of it being a country and all that goes with it I find difficult. However, I would find all of that much easier if I didn't have to pay for it or listen to whingeing Scots on the TV/radio. Either make them properly independant or get rid of notional Scotland because as it stands its neither one thing nor the other. If the team represents the "country" then all is lost for them and I'm afraid they don't even get all the stick they deserve - miserable gits.:p

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Northstander said:
:lolol: :flameboun

I have said this in the pub many times waiting for the tables !!

Who gives a F*** about "Queen of the bleedin South!!?"

Where's the fookin championship table!!!

Well, if you have an accumulator on the go then sometimes the obscure scottish scores have some relevence, as the nailed-on home wins are exactly that. They can be relied on.

I'm sure I've won a few quid through having Arbroath turn over East Stirlingshire in front of eleven fans and a bison before.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
For starters the Welsh and the Republic of Ireland do not count. They have no leagues to really speak of. Northern Ireland - not sure but nothing really doing. we are weak for one real reason.

We are trying to build from the base. You are all absolutely right - the Scottish league at the moment is far weaker than the Premiership - no contest.

Incidentally I find it silly that we in Scotland expect us to compete on a level playing field with Engerland, given the resources etc.

However they are making huge efforts to retstructure the game, so that in 10 years time the OLd Firm will have Scottish players.

The other sides too are beginning to undertake this change.

This is immediately being reflected in our national side. The youg players are thrust to the fore, as we have a Scottish side, with Scottish players, the majoority of which are playing in Scotland.

On a serious note, although I am not a huge fan of englands, I have far more respect for them as a football nation than I do for either Wales or the republic.

You have one of the most exciting and competetive leagues in the world - I watch Premiership footabll and love it.

Wales have ................nothing.

The Republic have............nothing.

They are actually your A and B sides yet are the first o point and laugh at us. That really is what gets me into a rage.

I was actually up in the pub cheering as Poland scored the other night, as I am sick of Taffys taking the piss out of scottish football. We have a genuine set-up - shite yes, I grant you but it is hardly TNS vs Cwmbran.

Our crowds are not great, our quality, thin to say the least.

Hand on heart though I am glad we are soijng something about this. We are trying to make the best out of what we have. it is inevitable that when we have good prospects they will move to the Premiership.

I just ask you to remember that when you laugh at us, we are the only other home nation who are currently trying to promote domestic football in our own country and get our youngsters to play for our country.

Irelnd, Wales.....do me a favour.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Nice one, good to hear an Unbiased and realistic point of view from North of the Border.

I for one when home nations are at tournaments will support whoever is left in it should England be knocked out.

So If Scotland. Wales or Ireland make it further I will urge em on!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
On the subject of the Welsh league, Jeff Stelling was reading out the Welsh results on Soccer Saturday a few weeks ago. 'Airbus UK have beaten Afan Lido, I wonder if they'll be dancing on streets of Airbus UK'.

I suppose at least the Scottish league do have some old clubs with some great history and silly names and haven't resorted to renaming clubs after companies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here