Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I bet he does !!

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I don't think he'd be better than Crofts or Sidwell in a 442 or 433 or 4411, which seem to be Hughton's preferred formations. He's not really comparable to JFC - they play in a very different style, with JFC being far more attack focussed than Bridcutt. Aside from that, I wouldn't want him back after having put in a transfer request (either literally or metaphorically). Reap what you sow, Liam.

he was with us plenty of time, playing very well - getting player of the year twice. he gets a chance to play for a prem club and and you think theres something wrong with that.
grow up.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Not good enough for Brighton now and never will be again.
Liam B had his chance here and blew it big time.
Call it what you will, not in the right frame of mind, temper tantrums etc etc, but it still amounts to the same thing he and
Buckley wanted out of here because they thought they were better and bigger than our club.
Well sorry to tell you both, you never were and you certainly aren't now.
He is nowhere near good enough for this tteam now , nowhere near. He was anonymous on Monday he looked good maybe to some people, why was that ? Because he was slightly better than the other 9 crap outfield players they had on the pitch.
Doesn't make him good though still does it ?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He can do one and rot in the Sunderland reserves, thought he was too good for us and went on his petty strike to get his wonder move

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
he was with us plenty of time, playing very well - getting player of the year twice. he gets a chance to play for a prem club and and you think theres something wrong with that.
grow up.

My position is not because he went to a prem club, but the manner in which he left. Compare and contrast the way Bridcutt left with the way that Leo did. The latter was professional to a T; the former wasn't. The latter retains my respect as a consequence; the former does not. Doesn't seem a particularly childish position to adopt to me :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...underlands-liam-bridcutt-keen-return-10976806

Sunderland outcast Liam Bridcutt is keen on a return to former club Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 26-year-old joined the Black Cats from Brighton in January 2014, and is under contract until June 2017.

However, he has struggled to make an impact on Wearside and is currently enjoying a loan spell at Leeds United.

The Yorkshire club are interested in making Bridcutt’s move permanent.

But reflecting on his “best period in football” at the Amex - where he made more than 100 appearances over four years, and calls it “home” - the midfielder admits he would “definitely” move back to the south coast if the opportunity arises.

“It was probably my best period in football,” he said.

“That was my opportunity to properly showcase what I could do and I had brilliant times there.

“I know the place well and I’d call it home. My first child was born there and it’s where my family started. It’s where my career really started and it’s a club where, if there was the right opportunity to go back at some stage, I definitely would.”

Bridcutt added: “Even when I first joined, the club always had direction. There was always a plan. Nothing happened by accident.

“They hit a bit of a rocky patch after losing Gus (Poyet, to Sunderland) but, like most clubs, it happens. They seem to have got their stability back. I’m happy to see that.”

This is the original article on Monday which sounds quite different.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14308153.Bridcutt_would_not_rule_out_an_Albion_return/

Andy Naylor did an interview with Ashley Barnes a few weeks ago, who also said he wouldn't mind returning to Brighton sometime.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Andy Naylor did an interview with Ashley Barnes a few weeks ago, who also said he wouldn't mind returning to Brighton sometime.

Ah, there's someone I would have back in an instant. If we got promoted, he'd be a great person to have in the team. You know you'll have someone who'll give 100% every game and would fit well into the ethos that Hughton seems to have created. Forget Bridcutt, let's get Ash back

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Ah, there's someone I would have back in an instant. If we got promoted, he'd be a great person to have in the team. You know you'll have someone who'll give 100% every game and would fit well into the ethos that Hughton seems to have created. Forget Bridcutt, let's get Ash back

I agree in as much as I really liked Ash and his game. My only concern would be the severity of the injury he has endured, some never FULLY recover.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

Also Barnes has the ability to win league points from cup games...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here