Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I bet he does !!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
1. That piece is complete bollocks. He just said he had a good time here.
2. He won't be coming back.
3. Anyone suggesting he's not good enough is having a laugh. He's perfect to bring on if we're winning 1-0 in the 80th minute. He will tackle anything that moves. He's not the most versatile of players but I couldn't care less.
4. He was a bellend when he left, but he wasn't the one who said he wasn't focussed. We don't even know for sure if it was his choice to not play.
5. That left footed volley

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You don't need to surmise what he did or didn't say, you just need to remember the quality of his performances on the pitch after Poyet had tapped him up; it was pants. There were no temper tantrums, he just stopped giving 100% wearing the blue & white stripes. Unforgivable.

Exactly. We had enquiries for him and Barnes in the same week and it was obvious they were both off. Bridcutt wasn't in the right frame of mind to play, while, in his last match, Barnes ran his balls off for 90 minutes. I certainly wouldn't have LB back, he may have been good for us once but he didn't look that great on Monday night (I'd be happy if we looked into getting Cook though, he looked wasted in that team).

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
NO just no

but Barnsie YES just yes

biddles911

May 12, 2014
I've never bought into these temper tantrum suggestions. As I recall, he was being courted by Poyet and was asked how he felt. I don't know what exactly he said but imaging it was something along the lines that he was torn between the two. Head says go to Sunderland and earn a fortune, heart says stay at the Albion to see if they could go up. Coaches probably decided he couldn't focus on the game. If that was the scenario then it shows he has deep feelings for the club that gave him his chance. Anyone though who wouldn't take financial security over playing for the Albion are living in a different world.

That said, I wouldn't take him back purely on the grounds we don't need him and have moved forward. Maybe in a couple of years and we find ourselves near the foot of the championship or worse then he would be a good player to have in the team.

No idea what the reality of the situation with LB was nor, I suspect, do most of the other contributors but I think the idea that players should be loyal to a club (or two) come hell or high water is one for the birds in this era.

These guys have a pretty limited shelf life and clubs have no problem getting shot of players when past their sell by date, as we all know. Why blame them for trying to secure their financial future for them and their family in a very uncertain career?

As I recall, LB was voted player of the season by fans at least once, so shouldn't his contribution over many games outweigh a blip (?) towards the end?

If anyone can put their hand on their heart and tell me they've only worked for one company throughout their life then I'll bow to their staying power, of course, but get real....

Not saying we need LB given current squad anyway but I'd have him back in a heartbeat if I thought he was needed......!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Oooh, can he play LB?

He can, actually, and has: against Palace on December 1 2012. When Dunk got sent-off after 7 minutes, Calderon moved to centre-back from left-back and Orlandi went to left-back; shortly before half-time Orlandi went down with what turned out to be broken ribs. At half-time Crofts came on for Orlandi and Bridcutt shifted to left-back. After the game he revealed that, coming through the youth ranks at Chelsea, it was one of his favourite positions to play.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It's been said before but bridcutt was an epic fail in the EPL. It should have taught our back room that you can be mustard in the championship but shit in the PL.

We're ambitious and Liam isn't good enough to match that ambition.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Exactly. We had enquiries for him and Barnes in the same week and it was obvious they were both off. Bridcutt wasn't in the right frame of mind to play, while, in his last match, Barnes ran his balls off for 90 minutes. I certainly wouldn't have LB back, he may have been good for us once but he didn't look that great on Monday night (I'd be happy if we looked into getting Cook though, he looked wasted in that team).

Thanks, saved me from typing it out.

Bridcutt is yesterday's man and was great for two years, so thanks for the memories. I find this sort of article quite sad really. Just knuckle down, Liam.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lazy journalism, trying to make something out of a non story by implying more than was there in the original piece

(They can't even put the story the right way up either :p )

This. It's been lifted from the Argus interview and taken out of context.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
As in the thread title - 'I bet he does'

but

I hope the club will never never ever entertain such a pathetic plea from a former player who now recognises he made one very big mistake !

That apart, he no longer appears to fit in with any current or likely future needs given the shape of the Albion team.

Goodbye and see you later ( much later that is )

PS the story seems to have originated from a sports 'journalist' from Hull

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
No idea what the reality of the situation with LB was nor, I suspect, do most of the other contributors but I think the idea that players should be loyal to a club (or two) come hell or high water is one for the birds in this era.

These guys have a pretty limited shelf life and clubs have no problem getting shot of players when past their sell by date, as we all know. Why blame them for trying to secure their financial future for them and their family in a very uncertain career?

As I recall, LB was voted player of the season by fans at least once, so shouldn't his contribution over many games outweigh a blip (?) towards the end?

If anyone can put their hand on their heart and tell me they've only worked for one company throughout their life then I'll bow to their staying power, of course, but get real....

Not saying we need LB given current squad anyway but I'd have him back in a heartbeat if I thought he was needed......!

It's all about decision making !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They've just re-hashed the Argus quote & put a sensationalist bullshit spin on it... Tabloids eh!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...underlands-liam-bridcutt-keen-return-10976806

Sunderland outcast Liam Bridcutt is keen on a return to former club Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 26-year-old joined the Black Cats from Brighton in January 2014, and is under contract until June 2017.

However, he has struggled to make an impact on Wearside and is currently enjoying a loan spell at Leeds United.

The Yorkshire club are interested in making Bridcutt’s move permanent.

But reflecting on his “best period in football” at the Amex - where he made more than 100 appearances over four years, and calls it “home” - the midfielder admits he would “definitely” move back to the south coast if the opportunity arises.

“It was probably my best period in football,” he said.

“That was my opportunity to properly showcase what I could do and I had brilliant times there.

“I know the place well and I’d call it home. My first child was born there and it’s where my family started. It’s where my career really started and it’s a club where, if there was the right opportunity to go back at some stage, I definitely would.”

Bridcutt added: “Even when I first joined, the club always had direction. There was always a plan. Nothing happened by accident.

“They hit a bit of a rocky patch after losing Gus (Poyet, to Sunderland) but, like most clubs, it happens. They seem to have got their stability back. I’m happy to see that.”

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bridcutt was a failure under Gus at Sunderland and didnt get a chance under Sam but that is not to say he wouldnt succeed under another manager. Still find it difficult to see where he would fit in other than to come on to kill a game off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here