Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I actually want you to do it next week.

Burnleylad

May 2, 2014
Wether you choose to believe it or not, some Burnley supporters really do want you to win on Saturday.

I have nothing but respect for Chris Hughton, he is a good manager and a gentleman. I always felt he got raw deals at Brum and Norwich and think he has done wonders at Brighton with a skillful team that is good to watch. Boro have Karanka who is in the Mourinho mold, blames everyone else and spits his dummy out when things don't go right. Plus the fact they have Rhodes and Nugent who have never done us any favours.

I can understand your thoughts about Burnleys style of play, even our own supporters get frustrated with it at times, but 22 games unbeaten is no fluke. Sean Dyche has done wonders with limited resources and made us hard to beat and able to win, even when not playing at our best. Love him or hate him, you can't deny his achievements, two promotions in three seasons.

I sincerely wish you all the best on Saturday and hope you win, if not, then via the play offs so the threee best teams who deserve it are promoted. I will be watching the match with interest and rooting for you.

Good luck:bigwave:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wether you choose to believe it or not, some Burnley supporters really do want you to win on Saturday.

I have nothing but respect for Chris Hughton, he is a good manager and a gentleman. I always felt he got raw deals at Brum and Norwich and think he has done wonders at Brighton with a skillful team that is good to watch. Boro have Karanka who is in the Mourinho mold, blames everyone else and spits his dummy out when things don't go right. Plus the fact they have Rhodes and Nugent who have never done us any favours.

I can understand your thoughts about Burnleys style of play, even our own supporters get frustrated with it at times, but 22 games unbeaten is no fluke. Sean Dyche has done wonders with limited resources and made us hard to beat and able to win, even when not playing at our best. Love him or hate him, you can't deny his achievements, two promotions in three seasons.

I sincerely wish you all the best on Saturday and hope you win, if not, then via the play offs so the threee best teams who deserve it are promoted. I will be watching the match with interest and rooting for you.

Good luck:bigwave:
Good man. Best of luck next year.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thanks JB. I have read a few NSC threads and there seems to be a problem with both Joey Barton and Sean Dyche. I guess I can understand the Barton lines (though he was fantastic for us this season) but what on earth has Sean Dyche done to upset so many BHA fans? To my mind he deserves a lot of respect much like Chris Hughton.
Dyche has done a very good job for Burnley. Quite rightly he always bigs up his team (hate that phrase, but it's sort of appropriate). But his inability to be gracious in defeat and magnanimous in victory marks him down as someone that everyone - apart from his own team's supporters (and even some of those might have reservations) - is likely to dislike. Lack of humility when it would be appropriate.
Nothing against Burnley as a club, or its fans.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Like I said, just saving time.

Quite why anyone would want to lap up patronising platitudes, from someone who doesn't give a fudge is beyond me.

If he didn't give a fudge, would he have come on here to make the comment in the first place?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Why are we banning most visiting supporters on here at the moment? Part of what makes NSC so wonderful is that it's pretty much open to everyone and have fans of Palace, Reading and Sunderland to name a few who frequently contribute on here.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Sean Dyche has done wonders with limited resources

He has you believing the propaganda.

The league looks like this:

Burnley - £24 Million in parachute payments for 2015/16,
Middlesborough - No parachute payments,
Brighton - No parachute payments,
Hull - £24 Million in parchute payments for 2015/16
Derby - No parachute payments,
Sheff Wed - No parachute payments.

Burnleylad

May 2, 2014
He has you believing the propaganda.

The league looks like this:

Burnley - £24 Million in parachute payments for 2015/16,
Middlesborough - No parachute payments,
Brighton - No parachute payments,
Hull - £24 Million in parchute payments for 2015/16
Derby - No parachute payments,
Sheff Wed - No parachute payments.

Wow that's a very blinkered view.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Burnley can **** off. Barton is a nasty thug, Dyche tries to defend the nasty thug, and they play hoof it anti-football. I would actually rather palace win the cup final than burnley have got promoted.

Burnleylad

May 2, 2014
Maybe - but £24 Million one way or another is a bit more than pocket money.

Not denying that, but to quote parachute payments and ignore the money put into Boro, Brighton, Derby and Wednesday by their owners is still blinkered.

And just because we got 24m doesn't mean he was given it to spend. He has done a great job without spending a fortune. He bought Gray for the same amount we received for Ings and overall made a profit on his transfers this season. Probably the reason we made 30m profit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not denying that, but to quote parachute payments and ignore the money put into Boro, Brighton, Derby and Wednesday by their owners is still blinkered.

And just because we got 24m doesn't mean he was given it to spend. He has done a great job without spending a fortune. He bought Gray for the same amount we received for Ings and overall made a profit on his transfers this season. Probably the reason we made 30m profit.

£6 Million profit without the parachute payments then!

But fair enough, that's good work. If we do go up this year, even if we do come straight back down, we'd like to get on the 'bounce' gravy train too (and I'm sure our owner would like to not have to (effectively) spend £10 Million a year on his season ticket)!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why are so many Burnley fans on here the night that they've achieved promotion? I don't care how magnanimous you are; you're still incredibly sad for bothering to register and post on a Brighton forum when you should be out celebrating.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

No 'Boro, Brighton, Derby, or Wednesday fans had made comments about having 'limited resources' though had they?

The limits on resources in this division are the Financial Fair Play Limits, something that all of us have to adhere to. Parachute payments are, of course, excluded from this calculation, meaning that Burnley, Hull (and QPR considering they still haven't paid their fine) all had a £24 million joker. Them's the rules and we all have to compete under them, but to be in a position where you are allowed a £24 million head start on most of your rivals and to spend the season taking every opportunity to plead poverty is going to result in others viewing you as, to say the least, slightly disingenuous.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I do like the way that Burnley showed faith with the manager than got them to the Premier League after they came back down. That's admirable and IF we make it there I'd like to think that Tony would show the same faith in Hughton if we end up having a tough season. The guy's worked wonders.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I do like the way that Burnley showed faith with the manager than got them to the Premier League after they came back down. That's admirable and IF we make it there I'd like to think that Tony would show the same faith in Hughton if we end up having a tough season. The guy's worked wonders.

Agreed, it is nice to see the longtermism model being successful.

Apr 22, 2016
Why are so many Burnley fans on here the night that they've achieved promotion? I don't care how magnanimous you are; you're still incredibly sad for bothering to register and post on a Brighton forum when you should be out celebrating.

People in Burnley are still young enough to have jobs to go to tomorrow.

I SAID PEOPLE IN BURNLEY ARE STILL YOUNG ENOUGH TO HAVE JOBS TO GO TO TOMORROW!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here