Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia - "You don't know what you're doing"?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I really don't want to start slagging of the manager after just 2 games, but I was thinking back to when Gus took over, he changed the way we played from day 1, he gradually bought in players that would fit into the system he wanted us to play, people like Kish etc, he also got the players like El-Abd playing the way he wanted, through showing his passion and proving his way was the way forward, also Gus didn't have the plush stadium or training ground to draw players to the club, people came because they wanted to play for him because he was selling the club as a Go forward club, also his passion rubbed off on the fans and the whole place was so positive, it seems we are trying to change the whole way we play over night, we have got rid of to many important players too quickly and there is far to much negativity around the place. I would have liked to see 2 maybe 3 experience players that can play the system Sammi wants to play and gradually bring the rest along, yes we probably may have to have had to put up with an average mid table season, but if we could see some positive stuff moving forward maybe there would be some positive vibes around the club. I also think the manager needs to show some passion, that definitely rubs off onto the players and the fans.

Lots of words in there, but you seem to be saying that when Gus changed things from day 1 he was a genius, but if Sammi's trying to do that, he shouldn't.......yep, totally logical........

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Lots of words in there, but you seem to be saying that when Gus changed things from day 1 he was a genius, but if Sammi's trying to do that, he shouldn't.......yep, totally logical........

No I'm not saying that he shouldn't, just don't think he's going about it the right way.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No I'm not saying that he shouldn't, just don't think he's going about it the right way.

Well, either he should or he shouldn't; if it was god for Gus, it's good for Sammi. If that is what's happening (as opposed, in retrospect of OG's reign, to getting someone in to baby-sit Gus's fading team) that may be one of the first chinks of light in this pretty miserable transfer window.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He's clueless I'm afraid no idea what it's about in this Division.
Sacked from his last job after losing the last 11 games , and never managed in this country at all.
Playing in the Premier League means **** all I'm afraid
Another Brighton cheapo bargain basement bucket option.

Pot, kettle, black.

May 27, 2014
There was one bit in the commentary today that was simply magic: 'Ball played through to CMS. Oh, it's hit his heel. He's fallen over' :lol:

Yeah, let's never forget it was 'Saint Gus' who signed this Div 1 player for a fortune. When he made the infamous ceiling remark what he meant was the club would no longer finance his ludicrous over spending [which is the root of the club's financial crisis]. Yes, he got us out of league one but when he left the team was still light years short of premier league quality.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
We are talking about "Professional Footballers" they are paid to do a job ie running around kicking a football and very handsomely too. My point is that they should be able to adapt to any given formation or situation during a match It is not freaking rocket science. If a group of players cannot concentrate for 90+ minutes then there is a lot wrong with their constitution, some of them are actually being asked to work for a living instead of comfortably warming a bench and coming up short.

el punal

To be fair to the guy he's not had a lot to work with has he? The guts of the team have been ripped out with any talent we had disappearing fast, he's had woeful signings coming in, he's trying to teach a new way of playing with players who just are not up to it, he loses a key player for three games in the first match, and one of our more creative players (Stephens is still out), one of our most promising wingers is out (March), his number two got nicked at the last minute and he has to put up with Nathan Jones next to him on the bench!

I think we can only decide once he has had at least half a season with his players. I really feel the club have let him down at the moment.
This sums it up in my opinion. Having only seen the home match against Sheffield Wed. my feelings after that game were that Sami DOES know what he's doing but the players don't. This is going to be long haul stuff until we have a team worthy of competing for promotion. So it's a case of the fans having to be patient.

Think back to when Gus Poyet took over and how long it took for the team to adapt to his strategy.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I assumed he was referring to Hoskins others have thought Orlandi it seems.

I too was referring to Hoskins. If he hasn't got a club, then why not a short term contract? No one else we have in the squad can so far score a league goal.

Trust in Tony

Banned
Aug 17, 2014
Worthing
Sami will be one of the greatest managers this club has had in recent times but it will take him time and need patience from the supporters. Short term pain for long term gain :albion2:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
This sums it up in my opinion. Having only seen the home match against Sheffield Wed. my feelings after that game were that Sami DOES know what he's doing but the players don't. This is going to be long haul stuff until we have a team worthy of competing for promotion. So it's a case of the fans having to be patient.

Think back to when Gus Poyet took over and how long it took for the team to adapt to his strategy.

What I really don't get about this whole thing is if you have a squad that were built to fit a certain style of play, also you are short of proper money to rebuild, then why the fook would you employ a manager who doesn't also fit that style of play?
I don't blame Sami (providing he was open with his strategy at interview) but I do blame whoever recruited him based on us not being able to change quickly due to financial restraints.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here