Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia - "You don't know what you're doing"?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well, you can generally tell if we've taken a player in his prime and he's only a squad player at Exeter that he's unlikely to cut the mustard...

True, but we were linked with him for some time before he joined, when he looked a decent player. I'll admit that I got a bit excited when he crashed in his free kick v Peterborough. It's a shame that was his only plus point, the lazy, useless shit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
True, but we were linked with him for some time before he joined, when he looked a decent player. I'll admit that I got a bit excited when he crashed in his free kick v Peterborough. It's a shame that was his only plus point, the lazy, useless shit.

:lolol:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Disagree. Football is littered with examples where you can tell someone is shite within 5mins. Many have played for us but George Weahs cousin also springs to mind.

My gut feeling, both players left, players come in, our recruitment policy and appointment of Sami is that we are in MAJOR trouble this season. Might be wrong. But my gut is considerable and when it gets a feeling, it's usually right.

Exactly right !

Northeast jan

Aug 15, 2014
Wow, new to this site, u r a real happy lot, I did not hear the chant, but surely the players have a lot to do with the result.! Presumably it would help all concerned if the actually kicked the ball to where a player is or can reasonably expect to get to, always assuming they are prepared to run a bit,

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
seeing as the two league games prior to his last were a draw and a win, your information is wrong and your further input is quesiontable value.

And not just on this thread :lolol:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
CMS was absolutely useless today, I'd suggest Sami knew exactly what he was doing. I was staggered that the decision was booed. CMS did NOTHING worthwhile in the whole game and although Fenlon didn't do any better, it was worth a try because CMS was contributing nothing anyway.

No idea why anyone would boo the decision.

Why did we release Hoskins? He was apparently fit at the end of last season, but not given any game time. He never had a real opportunity at the Albion due to his persistent injuries, but rather than release him we could have offered him a short term contract and we would at least have a striker who could maybe score a goal or two.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeh, the Hyypia's obviously stupid! I mean, trying to play with two up front? Geez, nobody on here has ever been stupid enough to suggest that, have they?

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Why did we release Hoskins? He was apparently fit at the end of last season, but not given any game time. He never had a real opportunity at the Albion due to his persistent injuries, but rather than release him we could have offered him a short term contract and we would at least have a striker who could maybe score a goal or two.

I haven't a clue, but would suggest TB got fed up paying the wages of Orlandi, Vicente, Hoskins, et al. The strategy has changed - no more risks on injury-prone players, and unfortunately all the promise that Hoskins showed will never be fulfilled at BHA.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I haven't a clue, but would suggest TB got fed up paying the wages of Orlandi, Vicente, Hoskins, et al. The strategy has changed - no more risks on injury-prone players, and unfortunately all the promise that Hoskins showed will never be fulfilled at BHA.

Orlandi was injured last-season, but I'm not aware that he was especially injury-prone.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Could do worse than giving him until January to prove himself fit. He still hasn't got a club has he?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I really don't want to start slagging of the manager after just 2 games, but I was thinking back to when Gus took over, he changed the way we played from day 1, he gradually bought in players that would fit into the system he wanted us to play, people like Kish etc, he also got the players like El-Abd playing the way he wanted, through showing his passion and proving his way was the way forward, also Gus didn't have the plush stadium or training ground to draw players to the club, people came because they wanted to play for him because he was selling the club as a Go forward club, also his passion rubbed off on the fans and the whole place was so positive, it seems we are trying to change the whole way we play over night, we have got rid of to many important players too quickly and there is far to much negativity around the place. I would have liked to see 2 maybe 3 experience players that can play the system Sammi wants to play and gradually bring the rest along, yes we probably may have to have had to put up with an average mid table season, but if we could see some positive stuff moving forward maybe there would be some positive vibes around the club. I also think the manager needs to show some passion, that definitely rubs off onto the players and the fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here