Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia has to go

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
*Awaits a flaming* but the bloke is totally clueless. Play to your strengths (defending) why gift all opposing teams easy goals. Sorry but if he's the manager for the rest of the season we're guaranteed relegation. Get rid now please Bloom.

you have made me 'bite' with this one. wether he should go or not or is clueless i don't know, the jury is out for me. but for you to say it his fault we gift teams easy goals is ridiculous. his team may have done that, but i'm sorry but he wasn't on the pitch!! the first goal was very lucky - grear was clearly trying to put the ball wide of the goal, for me that was just human error - don't tell me youv'e never made an error. the second goal was a deflection, how the f*** could any of the players do anything about that.we at least deserved a draw yesterday against a team near the top.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I disagree. If you had any respect for Hyypia and had wanted him to succeed, you would call him by his name rather than a crass name like the clueless Finn.

If you think that is crass, its a good job he didn't call him a clueless c***. You would have wet your Albion pyjamas.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
It's not that don't want the bloke to succeed - I really do. But someone made a very good point on here prior to the Rotherham game that 'he feels like a caretaker manager' without a plan B in case things go wrong, that he is forcing players to play a style they either a/ don't understand, or b/ can't play as it's not to our strengths.

It's obvious to see that his tactics of the full backs playing so high, and the general style of play are simply not working. The central two as posted above are left exposed too much of the time. This team is not as good as last years, I get that, but it should still easily be capable of finishing in at least the top half. Unfortunately the reason for our ELEVEN games without a win is SH, and although we might pick up a result either Tuesday or Saturday, the club is heading in the wrong direction with him as manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which is it?

Tony and the boards due diligence when selecting the new manager failed.
Sami over inflated his interview and hasn't stuck to those beliefs.
Tony and the board haven't backed the manager in the transfer market.

Sami and the club have done everything in accordance with their summer 'mission statements' (we all know the club loves a good 'mission statement') and it's just not worked.

Other ...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
All of the above.

However this team will not win again with the current manager in charge. He has to go.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
In fairness, sometimes appointments just don't work out. I think it is a tough time in terms of trying to replace the quality of the players that have left in recent times but we should be getting more out of what we have.

I think it is time for Sami to leave (I would be delighted to be proved wrong) - but I'm far from convinced that the selection process was flawed and was really excited by Sami's appointment initially

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
He plays a system which demands the players to be very good all round ability rather than a system that plays to the strength of the players abilities or lack off.

The route we have gone down of total football etc requires expensive players which seems to go against everything the club is saying regarding FFP and wages etc.

Very strange and ill thought out.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
TB and PB made a mistake when they appointed Sami. They need to cut our losses, and quickly, if we are to have ANY chance of avoiding relegation.

Burke is responsible for player recruitment and, after a shambles of a summer of player recruitment (too slow / not enough quality), should also be shown the exit door.

Sami's tactics are clearly not working, the team show a downward, rather than upward, trend in executing his tactics effectively (although, granted, B'muff was a bit better). Sami has failed to learn from HIS mistakes / adapt for the better.

2 wins in the league, NONE since Aug = P45 for Sami.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I thought we lost Upson, Ward and the Koosh, causing us to be weaker and less settled at the back, replacing them with clearly defensively inferior players. Also, we are not that often under enormous pressure. The individual mistakes made by Greer in particular yesterday and Stockdale on a number of occasions aren't down to the tactics. They might be down to Hyypia's man-management and (in)ability to really get the best out of players and also down to the dreadfully late recruitment policy having a "team" thrown together at a final attempt with nothing but uncertainty and naivete about them. But i don't think yesterday's defeat was down to our tactics.

Chopping and changing and throwing people away without them being given a fair chance - which is beyond the beginning of November - is not a tactic i want taken by our owner and his underlings, just because a number of grumblers want someone's head at their first fall. I loved some of our smart football yesterday, for all the madness in defence, and for a while i'd rather we relished that rather than panic and scream.

The back four has indeed got weaker, but the players we have should still be more than adequate to compete in this division. Instead, the tactics deployed under Hyypia leave us dreadfully exposed on the counter attack as our defence isn't the quickest and are desperately sprinting back to goal to try and make a last ditch tackle/interception. That led to two of the goals yesterday. As was proven in his previous job once his 'system' got figured out he was unable to change anything so if we stick with him relegation will, in all likelihood, be a very real possibility

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
TB and PB made a mistake when they appointed Sami. They need to cut our losses, and quickly, if we are to have ANY chance of avoiding relegation.

Burke is responsible for player recruitment and, after a shambles of a summer of player recruitment (too slow / not enough quality), should also be shown the exit door.

Sami's tactics are clearly not working, the team show a downward, rather than upward, trend in executing his tactics effectively (although, granted, B'muff was a bit better). Sami has failed to learn from HIS mistakes / adapt for the better.

2 wins in the league, NONE since Aug = P45 for Sami.

I use to defend Burke, but can't anymore. I also find it odd that we're trying to cut losses, but have a director of football. It seems contradictory, as he's taking up a job the manager traditionally did....he's not on a huge salary I'd imagine. However, we'd save something, or atleast use that towards the salary of a marquee signing.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
There was a noticeable difference in the actions of the 2 managers last night during the treatment of Tommy Elphick's injury near the end when 3-2 down. You probably did not see it on the tele, but Eddie Howe was animatedly having yet another drinks/ coaching session on the touchline with most of his team, whilst Jones was talking to a couple of our players. SH was avoiding any communication at the other end of the touchline area, as though he was the fourth official. Even if he can't do tactics, he could do simple man management by just encouraging the players (e.g. "c'mon Calde, only another half mile to run").
If I was fighting for my job I wouod be doing anything that I thought might make a difference. If he thought that he could not make a difference, then why stand on the touchline when he could sit in then0 stand and have a better view of his shape and tactics.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
definetly has to go for me just 2 wins away to leeds who were in totaly disarray at the time and bolton who were the same just not good enough i believe we will go down if we dont change soon

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The system he uses, means possibly the most important players are the full backs.

With Ward gone, and Bruno/Calde not up to the system, he's playing a system our players are not up to.

In addition we have a good striker in Baldock, when used correctly, i.e. playing off a big man, playing on his own.

Square pegs and round holes.

He has to go.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In addition we have a good striker in Baldock, when used correctly, i.e. playing off a big man, playing on his own.
We have the optimum strike force for both yesterdays goals.

The biggest criticism I have for Sami and his players/system is it's taken till NOVEMBER for us to play those assist passes.
The strikers haven't previously missed those chances because they have not been given them.

Even more galling is the fact we gave them 2 chances a both were tucked away, with style.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Which is it?

Tony and the boards due diligence when selecting the new manager failed.
Sami over inflated his interview and hasn't stuck to those beliefs.
Tony and the board haven't backed the manager in the transfer market.

Sami and the club have done everything in accordance with their summer 'mission statements' (we all know the club loves a good 'mission statement') and it's just not worked.

Other ...

Silk purse and sow's ear. You can't play at being Holland without 11 internationals.

I honestly think when it comes to recruiting a coach / manager that TB seems to have two overriding criteria. 1) Be "promising" rather than experienced (because will say yes, will not demand silly wages, will give us something different to all our opponents, will attract media attention) which is risky but understandable. 2) Be different to the last guy (so Sunday League Slade was replaced by sophisticated Poyet, mouthy Poyet was replaced by circumspect Oscar and defensive, family orientated Oscar would be replaced by anyone who said they'd play attacking possession football and be available 24 hours a day).

The mistake we made - and it was HUGE arrogance - was continuing to recruit in the absence of a coach, followed by thinking we could replace Ulloa with several lesser players rather than one equal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here