Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia has to go

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What a pathetic thread. I assume you were at the match to have put this thread up. We gave Bournemouth a fantastic game and deserved a point. Why not go to games and support your team rather than slagging the manager off during the match on the Internet?

Bit harsh seeing as the game was on tele and people could see what was going on.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
What a pathetic thread. I assume you were at the match to have put this thread up. We gave Bournemouth a fantastic game and deserved a point. Why not go to games and support your team rather than slagging the manager off during the match on the Internet?
Fookin happy clappers. You carry on looking for positives but unless,we get rid of the useless Finn we will be relegated and in financial jeopardy!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Bit harsh seeing as the game was on tele and people could see what was going on.

Don't think it is. What does a true supporter do? Go to a game and support their team or watch on TV and start a thread during the match calling for the manager to be sacked (when their team is only one goal down)?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Fookin happy clappers. You carry on looking for positives but unless,we get rid of the useless Finn we will be relegated and in financial jeopardy!

Read my comments from last week. I was massively pissed off after Rotherham where we were rubbish. Today, we played well and were unlucky.

So, you think it is productive to start a thread like this mid match? You must be a great "fan" too.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Read my comments from last week. I was massively pissed off after Rotherham where we were rubbish. Today, we played well and were unlucky.

So, you think it is productive to start a thread like this mid match? You must be a great "fan" too.

It has nothing tmdo with when this thread was started. The guy is clueless,,he has proved it and he needs to,go! I wanted it to work for him but it hasn't. How many saves do Boric make one? Two? I haven't missed a match and have seen relegation teams before and at the moment we Cerys for relegation.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It has nothing tmdo with when this thread was started. The guy is clueless,,he has proved it and he needs to,go! I wanted it to work for him but it hasn't. How many saves do Boric make one? Two? I haven't missed a match and have seen relegation teams before and at the moment we Cerys for relegation.

Well my original post, which you commented on initially, was based on the timing of the thread. So that was to do with when this thread was started.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I went to the game and we are shite and this is down to Hyppia. What is your point? Are you really happy happy at the moment and do you believe the clueless Finn can turn it around?

But I wasn't slagging you off. I was having a go at the original poster.

Obviously, I'm not happy. However, we played well today and Hyypia deserves the chance to manage in the two home games to see if he can get a couple of results. If not, that may well be the end.

As for you originally wanting him to succeed, let's be honest if that were true you'd wouldn't be using phrases like the clueless Finn.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I genuinely hate saying this but I think we need to call time on Sami's reign. I feel sorry for him and the players as I think they're trying hard but the truth is when you watch them play it's really hard to see what the plan is. The tactics at the moment make it hard to see how we'll create chances let alone win games. I want the club to have stability and if we we're getting some wins that would be ok as we could build on it. But we really look like relegation candidates and frankly we shouldn't have been. It's hard to see how things will change as they are, and sadly I think that means we need to get a new approach and a new manager :(

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
But I wasn't slagging you off. I was having a go at the original poster.

Obviously, I'm not happy. However, we played well today and Hyypia deserves the chance to manage in the two home games to see if he can get a couple of results. If not, that may well be the end.

As for you originally wanting him to succeed, let's be honest if that were true you'd wouldn't be using phrases like the clueless Finn.
As I said, I go to 80%+ of games but currently have family issues to deal with. Am I not allowed to have an opinion after missing one match that was televised? Idiot.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
as for you originally wanting him to succeed, let's be honest if that were true you'd wouldn't be using phrases like the clueless Finn.

Im sure he didn't call him the clueless Finn originally, he is calling him that now because that is what he has proven to be. If he wasn't Sami Hyypia, Liverpool legend, I wonder how many people would still be backing him after his run of results here and in Germany.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
As I said, I go to 80%+ of games but currently have family issues to deal with. Am I not allowed to have an opinion after missing one match that was televised? Idiot.

I would say that if your opinion involved starting a thread about sacking the manager halfway through a match, keep it to yourself. Or at least wait for full time.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Im sure he didn't call him the clueless Finn originally, he is calling him that now because that is what he has proven to be. If he wasn't Sami Hyypia, Liverpool legend, I wonder how many people would still be backing him after his run of results here and in Germany.

I disagree. If you had any respect for Hyypia and had wanted him to succeed, you would call him by his name rather than a crass name like the clueless Finn.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I for one won't be joining any Hyypia out chants. While we are playing we need to do all we can to lift the team - and that includes the management team. That means that for me, booing, Hyypia out chants etc are no good for anyone. Any decision has to be taken quietly and behind the scenes. At the Amex we should all stay united.

How do I feel about Sami? I don't think he will be here at the end of the season. I would like to see us act sooner rather than later. In the meantime, I wish him all the success possible.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Either being at the match or watching it on Tele makes no difference whatsoever .. WE LOST just in case you tried to forget

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I for one won't be joining any Hyypia out chants. While we are playing we need to do all we can to lift the team - and that includes the management team. That means that for me, booing, Hyypia out chants etc are no good for anyone. Any decision has to be taken quietly and behind the scenes. At the Amex we should all stay united.

How do I feel about Sami? I don't think he will be here at the end of the season. I would like to see us act sooner rather than later. In the meantime, I wish him all the success possible.

Obviously not around in the Barry Lloyd era then

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
To be fair, I don't think we can blame SH for last night -GG got his angles wrong and LD will learn from that - the foul was rather needless to out it mildly. At last the two strikers showed some class with two well taken goals, though for longer periods we again seemed toothless in front of goal. However, we clearly matched Bournemouth, as the commentator said, and so that should give rise to some satisfaction.
If this had been a "one-off" amongst some good results, then we would not be so worried, but as it yet another match without a win, it seems so much worse, and hides what was in reality a better performance. Wigan at home to come -it is winnable, but then again the opposition know exactly what to do -soak it up and hit us on a fast break, which we seem unable to do. Will the strikers now perform better, given the confidence of having scored -time is running out for the club if the decline is to be halted. With all due respect to Bournemouth, it is a measure of how far down we have gone. when the poll demonstrated that only a minority expected anything from the game.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

I agree I never boo the team etc etc, it's counterproductive. But I firmly believe we need to get rid of Hyypia, and quickly. This squad, although weaker than previous seasons should not be in a relegation battle.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Last night he was let down by the defenders so not really his fault. However is it coincidence that he's now gone 12 winless games in both his last 2 jobs?

More.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Poor old greer...His last two games have been horrific 😆
It's fair to say that yesterday's defending was atrocious and they're to blame for yesterday's defeat,you can't blame sammy for that although going so long without a win means something's drastically wrong somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here