Sami, Sami,
The sun shines east, the sun shines west,
but Brighton's where the sun shines best,

Still W.I.P

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
IF this ends up being true, that's great news.
His stature and friends within the game, should hopefully assist with transfers in and getting quality loanees.
Now over to TB and PB to give him a decent budget ... its should sizeable, based on the well paid players moved on over the last 14 months!?

To be fair IF he's the right guy TB & PB will have already agreed transfer and playing budget I'd guess. So let's get him in and let's get signing!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Have we signed Suarez on loan yet?

In all seriousness though 'if' he still has good contacts at Liverpool I would hope we might be in with a shout of taking players like Wisdom on loan.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great news based on what, his 20 minute apprentice at Bayer L and the fact he knows a few people at other football clubs. These people don't come and play for peanuts.

No. They will be extremely well paid as the market decides, just as the current squad are and players who have left were.
An ex-player/current manager who was/is well respected in the game, can be a draw in attracting players either bought or borrowed when competing with other clubs.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Looks like one of Tony's gambles.

Hope it pays off.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
If this is true, I hope people are patient and don't expect too much too soon. We may not be in for another play-off push this season. Maybe it will be more about bringing on the younger players, getting the academy established, and having faith in a manager who will be learning his trade. All that is exciting in its own right ... arguably more so than wheeling in an older man and throwing money at a promotion drive based on wages we can't really afford.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
No. They will be extremely well paid as the market decides, just as the current squad are and players who have left were.
An ex-player/current manager who was/is well respected in the game, can be a draw in attracting players either bought or borrowed when competing with other clubs.

I repeat based on what? I think we all have an opinion on how well BHA pay, mine perhaps based on our player recruitment & retention in January. That by the way is not his fault, but other teams don't just let players go or go on loan because we have a bloke who once played in the premiership as manager.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Cue eRnEsT, Kev The Moan and Fat Baz to go into meltdown

Given the last 2 managers TB selected for us have reached the play-offs I trust his judgement to find us a decent manager.

Yeah agree with this although playoffs may be elusive this season unless the team is sorted out pretty soon. By my reckoning we need between 8/10 new players assuming Ulloa and Walton leave as well

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Might mean our centre backs start scoring some goals and we see some set pieces that give the impression at least some of players have practiced them more than once!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports