Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia - happy, unhappy or fence?

How do you feel about the (expected) appointment of Sami Hyypia?

• Happy

Votes: 396 71.1%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • Fence

Votes: 131 23.5%

• Total voters

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
For now!

"So, Sammi...is it your dream to manage Liverpool in the Premier League?"
"Of course. What a brilliant club...etc etc"

:shootself

Just kidding. He'll be great.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
If this does come off, it is a very underwhelming appointment

Underwhelming??????????
Ok, shit, inexperienced, young, unproven in the championship.........
But underwhelming ???, European cup winner, captain of one of the worlds biggest clubs, international, bundasliga manager...
Even old whiskey nose would probably have difficulty pleasing some people...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just terrible watching the two most successful seasons in the last 22 years, in a more fantastic setting and higher regular crowds that any Albion fan has ever dreamt of. I'm not sure how we managed to get through it. Thank God that's over.

I'm happy ish, I don't know enough about Hypia as a manager to comment too much. Time will tell if it's a good appointment.

Sums it up nicely for me. Thank you [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION].

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
Don't get this, we were much more direct under Oscar, a lot more earlier balls into the channels and plenty of aerial fightball for Ulloa. That wouldn't have been allowed under Gus. If anything I'm hoping for MUCH MORE midfield build-up under Sami

More midfield buildup? I'll throw myself off East Upper

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Reasonably happy, although it all feels a bit of an anti-climax because I was expecting David Duchovny.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Yes, I'm underwhelmed. Who was I expecting? Not a clue. He's just a bloke who makes me want to shrug my shoulders. I felt the same way with the last fella when he started as well....probably because I don't know a great deal about his managerial history. Certainly not delusional enough to expect a Jose or a Pep or an Alex. Whoever is given the job will get my support, but I won't be joining in with the 'love in' until we see what he is all about

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Just terrible watching the two most successful seasons in the last 22 years, in a more fantastic setting and higher regular crowds that any Albion fan has ever dreamt of. I'm not sure how we managed to get through it. Thank God that's over.
:thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Truthfully, I'm on the fence. But on discovering I had suggested him two years ago, I feel like I need to be a big cheerleader for him, so will vote happy. I hope he doesn't let me down.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Who would ever have dreamed that Brighton and Hove Albion's stadium and training ground would be described by somebody of Hyypia's standing and experience as among the best he has seen anywhere in the world. To hear that read out on Sky sports news actually made me feel a little emotional. We have come so far. Feeling very content this evening. (It could be the wine.)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i cant understand why anyone would be disappointed, the man managed in Bundesliga to 4th and 5th. ffs get a grip.

given the pedigree of Liverpool and managing in German league, expect the stlye to be workman-like, technical and direct. so passing around with *purpose*, so i hope everyone will be happy.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Happy that it isn't Sherwood at least.

Voted fence as really don't know enough about Hyypia as a manager. I'd have hoped for someone with more experience this time around to be honest, especially of this division. So long as he doesn't play hoof ball, which of course he won't, I'm happy enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here