Hyypia - happy, unhappy or fence?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you feel about the (expected) appointment of Sami Hyypia?

• Happy

Votes: 396 71.1%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 30 5.4%
  • Fence

Votes: 131 23.5%

• Total voters

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I’ve got no preconceived judgment on him or expectations. Hopefully he will be able to attract players to us. He has certainly taken over at a historic time with the new training ground open.

Fingers crossed, all we need now is to get a full and competitive squad together and hit the ground running next season.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Happy, but tink I preferred the French bloke. Both really good candidates as far as I'm concerned.

Spare a thought (and a quick giggle) for Leeds though; Hockaday, McAllister, Dolan as their choice - how utterly depressing that would be!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We have a man as manager who only a few months ago was managing a Champions League side in the Top 4 of the Bundesliga - this is pretty incredible.

Also broadly has approval of fans with only 3% being unhappy with it. Those on the fence I can understand with.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would have much preferred Sherwood or Clarke but I am not TB or PB. Was a very good footballer and by all reports reliant on his No 2 for his success as a manager but we shall now see what he can do.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Just terrible watching the two most successful seasons in the last 22 years, in a more fantastic setting and higher regular crowds that any Albion fan has ever dreamt of. I'm not sure how we managed to get through it. Thank God that's over.

I'm happy ish, I don't know enough about Hypia as a manager to comment too much. Time will tell if it's a good appointment.

Reminds me of the headline in the Onion when Bush was elected: "America's Long Nightmare of Peace and Prosperity is Finally Over"

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm extremely happy while reserving the right to say it was a dreadful appointment if he screws up. Although I might blame it on Barber or Burke if he does. Or Bloom. One day.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Over the Moon. This is just Fantastic news today.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I reckon TB (and PB) have had nightmares about this over the past few days.

Two exceptional candidates and which one to choose ?

Delighted that a selection has been made and I wish Sami the very best of luck and, if he brings his former playing passion into his managerial duties at the Albion, I am sure we will be very happy with this appointment.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Like Gus and Garcia this is a another very interesting appointment by the club with an element of the unknown in all 3 selections. Hyypia is certainly well respected in the game and his peers speak very highly of his work ethic and motivational skills in the dressing room. Could be a very shrewd appointment but think his success will hinge on who he chooses as his number 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports