Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hysteria about hot weather on UK news programmes

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This is always reminds of hot summers of years gone by:

A hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac
Feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away

Do we still get sticky black tarmac in summer? I seem to remember it well.

Had a few bubbly bits spotted from my bike on Friday.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Bestest Kart Racing Year ever, won 3 Club and 1 Regional Championships, ended up each meeting in July/August with a plastic jerry can of water being emptied over me at the end of a race. About 10 minutes later I was dry again...

God only knows how many pints of water / coke I drank that season. A couple of years down the line it would have been Beers of course but from memory summer 1978 when I could the weather was crap.

No 1976 was a PROPER Hot Summer.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Now 76 was really hot, just left school and was down the beach every day, lovely.

32551fda1e623ada441d5d0b688dae01.jpg

[emoji106]

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This is always reminds of hot summers of years gone by:

A hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac
Feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away

Do we still get sticky black tarmac in summer? I seem to remember it well.

We used to get sticky black tarmac on Shoreham beach between the concrete slabs.

No tarmac left on most of our roads, theyre pretty much down to chalk and flint they've been neglected so long

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We used to get sticky black tarmac on Shoreham beash between the concrete slabs.

No tarmac left on most of our roads, theyre pretty much down to chalk and flint they've been neglected so long

Must play havoc with the hooves and cartwheels.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
[tweet]1546536565299707904[/tweet]

I’m aware I’m running the risk of being called a bedwetter/snowflake but it is likely to be very hot next Sunday/Monday.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apparently the Human body has many ways to keep us warm but struggles to cool us down in hot weather ...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No hyperbole but people with some conditions do need to take care.
Hot weather means your body has to work harder to keep its core temperature to normal levels, and this puts extra strain on your heart, lungs and kidneys. This means that you can be at greater risk if you have a heart condition. So it's particularly important to stay cool and hydrated.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To save anyone scrolling back, this thread can best be summarised as

4A87ECF0-21CE-4029-A38A-D4E71562147A.jpeg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm actually missing Seville at this time of year. I love the heat.

Really? Seville's grim at this time of year unless you're in an air-conditioned room. Or you like sticking to plastic chairs on bar terraces. There's a reason it's a ghost town in August.

Screenshot_2022-07-11-21-50-32-551_com.android.chrome.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Really? Seville's grim at this time of year unless you're in an air-conditioned room. Or you like sticking to plastic chairs on bar terraces. There's a reason it's a ghost town in August.

View attachment 149594

Yes I love it. Air conditioned room, pop out for food at about 11pm.

I've been there countless times. Then get a bus down to Conil.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
[tweet]1546536565299707904[/tweet]

I’m aware I’m running the risk of being called a bedwetter/snowflake but it is likely to be very hot next Sunday/Monday.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No hyperbole but people with some conditions do need to take care.
Hot weather means your body has to work harder to keep its core temperature to normal levels, and this puts extra strain on your heart, lungs and kidneys. This means that you can be at greater risk if you have a heart condition. So it's particularly important to stay cool and hydrated.

…and not even if you have a ‘condition’ …..I’ll be pacing myself this week :moo:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yes I love it. Air conditioned room, pop out for food at about 11pm.

I've been there countless times. Then get a bus down to Conil.

Stuck inside all day then go out at midnight and still be sweating. I love Seville but the summer is not the best time of year to be there if you ask me (or any Sevillano) :)

If you've got nothing to do, I guess its not so bad. But walking to work when it's 45 degrees is no kind of fun.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They know people are worried about the climate. Connecting weather with climate, which is pretty ****ing flawed, gets a lot of clicks and attention,

Overall there is a greater purpose (change in directions people would not accept without this percieved threat) but that is a bigger question...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here