Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hyppia the 2nd?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This sort of fishing and trolling, if that's what it is, deserves a perma-ban. If it isn't fishing and trolling (a combined activity, fishing itself can be fun) then the OP is a moron and deserves pelters, again and again. If the OP thinks he's being funny, then he's on a par with half the chuckle brothers. Personally, I don't see this as the equivalent of a Crodo thread. It's the equivalent of a das reich thread, but without the forriners, trained marxists, and muslims.
If everyone ignored this type of thread it would soon be on page 2 of the Big Board, but plenty replying and biting (as usual) :smile:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Here's his debut Championship league team.
A defence that probably wouldn't get relegated this season!

With Chris O'Grady spearheading the attack.
Does any of this sound at all familiar to anybody?
Exactly - sold Ulloa, replaced with O’Grady. This is a problem that’s been around forever and for whatever reason whether it’s Bloom, the brief the recruitment team have had - it’s a constant.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's back!

There is definitely some truth in this. Expectations are now based on April 9th to Sept 4th 2022. P14 W9 D3 L2 pts 30.

However, the proceeding 14 games from 26 Dec 2021 to April 2nd was P14 W3 D5 L6 pts 14.

Suddenly this little run of form P4 W0 D2 L2 pts 2 is seen as some kind of disastrous run that will lead to our demise, when including Spurs and Liverpool in those games is absolutely on point for where we were 9 months ago.

Let us not forget, the start of that amazing run was straight after ending a 6 game losing streak with a 0-0 home draw to Norwich, where for some, our relegation was then a certainty...
I have had a good think about this thread today and have come to the following conclusion.

We will never get anywhere, and this is due to cluelessness at the top.

Our recruitment is shit. We are a tuppenny-ha'penny club, with a two bob owner.

And a sea of whiney entitled supporters.

And that's the end of it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All true. I think it’ll have to be another Maupay situation. A dip into the championship. Maupay scored 10 in his first season and then declined. We need to find someone who scores those initial numbers but then improves. Easier said than done but it’s the route we might be forced to go. Brereton Diaz maybe? Scored 22 last season, and stated this season well with 8 in 16. Only 23 & in the last year of his contract.
Or maybe that Gyokres chap at Coventry, frequently mentioned on Championship clubs' websites as the striker they'd like their team to buy? £10M quid and the job should be a good 'un, apparantly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All true. I think it’ll have to be another Maupay situation. A dip into the championship. Maupay scored 10 in his first season and then declined. We need to find someone who scores those initial numbers but then improves. Easier said than done but it’s the route we might be forced to go. Brereton Diaz maybe? Scored 22 last season, and stated this season well with 8 in 16. Only 23 & in the last year of his contract.
Like an Ivan Toney you mean? Yeah, that might have worked any time in the past three years. But oh no, he'd have wanted the going rate for the job in wages, so obviously out of the question for the Albion :rolleyes:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Like an Ivan Toney you mean? Yeah, that might have worked any time in the past three years. But oh no, he'd have wanted the going rate for the job in wages, so obviously out of the question for the Albion :rolleyes:
Why would Brentford sell Toney to Brighton ?

It’d be akin to Brighton selling Glenn Murray when we were going for promotion.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ultimately what we are doing here is comparing De Zerbi to the Potter of the end of last season and the beginning of this season. I say this is an unfair comparison as these times were Potter's anomaly. We have no way of telling how long our goalscoring was going to last before we returned to our profligate selves.

If we compare De Zerbi to the Albion of the vast majority of Potters tenure then he looks quite favourable. Even if we assume that Potter solved our goal scoring problems long term, we know that it took him a long time to do it. Most of us afforded him that time and recognised that something special was possible. It seems like De Zerbi is not being offered the same patience. Have we become another set of inpatient, entitled premier League fans that insist on instant gratification?

My god I hope not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here