Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Humble Pie

I didn't think we'd make it to the play-offs playing the way we have this season so have to hold my hand up. I'm still not in love with the Oscar style but maybe that will come next season in Championship or sooner than that if we have a dream couple of weeks. The end justifies the means, always in football for me

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How weird is that ? I've just been reading up on Stevie Marriott and downloading some Small Faces and HP.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No Humble Pie from me, if you look on paper then Garcia and Jones has done a great job. Unfortunately the football played is of a Spanish style being negative and boring. When we attack we tend to do the business, hence a late goal from Ulloa and a Play Off place which could have been achieved 3 weeks ago had we been playing positive football in games which we had been wininng 1-0 instead of trying to defend and costing us points.

It's hard to believe anyone could think this. I understand why people don't find it the most exciting football to watch but to say more positive football would have got us in the play offs weeks ago is a ridiculous assumption.

It's quite simple. We have got in the top 6 based on our defence (who generally have remained fit) whereas our attacking players have largely had long spells out e.g. Orlandi, CMS, Hoskins, Ulloa, Crofts, Buckley, LuaLua. Given that, it's hardly surprising that we've got one of the best defences and not scored as many goals as some teams.

I genuinely don't get the need to moan/slag off Oscar at this point. Surely, it's the time to get behind him and the team and not moan we should have got in the play offs earlier!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here