Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Humble Pie

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
No Humble Pie from me, if you look on paper then Garcia and Jones has done a great job. Unfortunately the football played is of a Spanish style being negative and boring. When we attack we tend to do the business, hence a late goal from Ulloa and a Play Off place which could have been achieved 3 weeks ago had we been playing positive football in games which we had been wininng 1-0 instead of trying to defend and costing us points.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Won nothing? Here's a different view. We have won a place in the playoffs. We have won at Forest. We have won for only the second time after coming from behind this season. We have won a financial bounty from an extra full house match at the Amex and the riches from at least two more matches live on Sky. We have won an extension to our season by at least a week. We have won the opportunity to play for a place in the Premier League and, of course, we won the delicious joy of celebration, from a late winner, stuffing Reading, stuffing smugface Adkins, and five days of anticipating the next leg of this thrilling end to the season. We won the chance to dream. I
think we won an awful lot yesterday.

Exactly. What's not to like ?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
When Brighton have a team that matches or perhaps just for once we "do a palace" and get a team that is better than the size of our support, when we are top half of the top flight and when we have won a trophy to match Charlie Webb's heroes of 1910. Its been far too long to wait for a club with this size of support despite season after season of failure, decline, losing a ground and before that lower league football with no ambition. I will be happy when Brighton turn into a ruthless hungry side after success and trophies. Ambition, hunger and a hatred of failure, that is what I want to see at this club both on and off the pitch there should be ambition to win and get to this clubs full potential.
Then you're going to be a very unhappy man for a very long time. Football and life just isn't like that. Enjoy the highs and take the lows on the chin. All things considered this season has been a success and yes I class success as gaining a play off spot regardless of how we do in them.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No Humble Pie from me, if you look on paper then Garcia and Jones has done a great job. Unfortunately the football played is of a Spanish style being negative and boring. When we attack we tend to do the business, hence a late goal from Ulloa and a Play Off place which could have been achieved 3 weeks ago had we been playing positive football in games which we had been wininng 1-0 instead of trying to defend and costing us points.

It's very easy to say that but perhaps you haven't considered the fact that some of our players simply don't have the ability to play fast paced attacking football? When teams like Reading have players on salary's 4 or 5 times higher than ours and we still finished above them, I think you have to give Oscar huge credit.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I like many didn't think we would make the play offs. I like many is very happy that we have.Cms that was a quality ball son.:bowdown:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Won nothing? Here's a different view. We have won a place in the playoffs. We have won at Forest. We have won for only the second time after coming from behind this season. We have won a financial bounty from an extra full house match at the Amex and the riches from at least two more matches live on Sky. We have won an extension to our season by at least a week. We have won the opportunity to play for a place in the Premier League and, of course, we won the delicious joy of celebration, from a late winner, stuffing Reading, stuffing smugface Adkins, and five days of anticipating the next leg of this thrilling end to the season. We won the chance to dream. I

I couldn't have put it better myself. Have an upvote!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

Brilliant post. And this is the most important part for me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If trophies are your only definition of success then surely there is nothing but failure for 99% of football fans (especially as apparently the trophies we won at Withdean don't count either). I am happy to define success differently and moments like that at Forest are the reason i love this game and the reason i keep watching. If you can't appreciate and enjoy times like these then you have my pity.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Lovely stuff sir. Lovely stuff.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'll take a small slice. I genuinely didn't think we'd make it yesterday. I thought we'd draw but Reading not lose. Extremely happy to be wrong though :thumbsup:

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I am still grinning from ear to ear and am very happy to be proved wrong. But we seriously need to up our game if we are going to stand a chance against Derby. It's a funny old game, as someone once said and we are in the play offs, quite how we have got there is a bit of a mystery to me, but there we are...That first half performance yesterday was up there with the worst displays of the season against a side low on confidence and putting square pegs in round holes. My head tells me we can't possibly beat Derby over two legs, playing the way we do. My heart tells me it's going to be a Brighton v QPR final at Wembley.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am still grinning from ear to ear and am very happy to be proved wrong. But we seriously need to up our game if we are going to stand a chance against Derby. It's a funny old game, as someone once said and we are in the play offs, quite how we have got there is a bit of a mystery to me, but there we are...That first half performance yesterday was up there with the worst displays of the season against a side low on confidence and putting square pegs in round holes. My head tells me we can't possibly beat Derby over two legs, playing the way we do. My heart tells me it's going to be a Brighton v QPR final at Wembley.

Feel precisely the same way, I still feel the results masks another ordinary dislay.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Anyone need a slice? :dunce:

Not just a slice, the whole thing for me!
I'm starting to doubt that I know anything at all about football. I've been convinced that we wouldn't make the top six all season, after 38 years you'd think I'd know the Albion better. Now, if anybody remembers a post I made a month or so ago....I'm off to shag the Queen!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here