Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton Out

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
We have to let CH choose his own players in pre-season and hope its a double step-up on this season. Lets see Oct/Nov how it pans out before we criticise. but saying that didn't Watford have 4 managers in the first two months of this season and look where it got them. All it needs is the right manager and right players. We haven't got the right players yet. Have we got the right manager?

The difference between us and Watford imo is that as per Troy Deeney after they got promoted, their aim at the Watford from the first day of training, was to get promoted automatically. Our aim was and is never more than top 6, and this season we were arrogant eough to think we could give the rest of the division a months headstart whilst we got our squad together during August. To get promoted, you have to aim to finish in the top 2 and you need that mentality the whole season.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I think getting rid of CH is a bit harsh.Having a manager that knows the leagues at the beginning of summer is IMO very important when recruiting ,something we are not used to !At least give him to the usual Christmas period before judgement.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I think getting rid of CH is a bit harsh.Having a manager that knows the leagues at the beginning of summer is IMO very important when recruiting ,something we are not used to !At least give him to the usual Christmas period before judgement.
Yeah his knowledge of recruiting best done wonders lol

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
FFS we've just drawn against one of the best teams in the division in front of 30,000+ fans.
Yes we are too defensive but we were also under Oscar. And Poyet became too negative once we'd left Withdean and his fear of failure kicked in. I partly agree that Hyypia had a rough deal but he did draw a lot of home games against lesser championship clubs. We've had some tough home games against Bmuff Norwich and Watford recently. Agree that we were poor against Hudd.
Hughton has signed one player, Kayal, and he has been quality and a bargain.
Personally I don't give a toss what Norwich fans say about Hughton, Newcastle and Birmingham fans rate him very highly.
Give him a chance.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
FFS we've just drawn against one of the best teams in the division in front of 30,000+ fans.
Yes we are too defensive but we were also under Oscar. And Poyet became too negative once we'd left Withdean and his fear of failure kicked in. I partly agree that Hyypia had a rough deal but he did draw a lot of home games against lesser championship clubs. We've had some tough home games against Bmuff Norwich and Watford recently. Agree that we were poor against Hudd.
Hughton has signed one player, Kayal, and he has been quality and a bargain.
Personally I don't give a toss what Norwich fans say about Hughton, Newcastle and Birmingham fans rate him very highly.
Give him a chance.
How do you know kayal was a hooton signing?
No doubt we are paying half of best's 35k a week wages and we know hooton knows and signed best surely?

That's another issue as we never seem to know who finds our players anymore:D

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
And his thinking when buying in the summer will be how can he buy better defensive players instead of resolving the main issue which is at the other end.
You hit the nail on the head. If we have good strikers we could have won at least 10-12 more games this season and could have sneaked the play-offs. How many times have we played ok and not scored or had chances and not scored. All the top teams have at least 1 or even 2 good strikers and midfield players who score loads of goals. The other teams keep clean sheet and their strikers score or score more goals than other teams. We just can't score. We need very good strikers and good midfield goalscorers. Thats 4 players at least for next season.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
You're completely right. They were all amazing before he joined! Can't believe what he's done to our incredible players!

Touché! He's f**cked up our Premiership ready players we were on the brink of greatness when he took over he's has ruined the dream! :tantrum:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
We are stuck with Hughton for two to three seasons because he will not get us relegated but will consign us to mediocrity. There is no way I will be getting my season ticket back until he's gone and we get a decent manager.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
**** biscuits - Why are people even contemplating another managerial change. Let's see what the close season brings - you never know a bit of continuity might just be what we've been missing. Yes his style seems defensive - just like Poyet but with a few decent attacking signings our defensive prowess can translate into play offs or better. A lot of bounce -ability in this tread tonight-who will stand or fall?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The difference between us and Watford imo is that as per Troy Deeney after they got promoted, their aim at the Watford from the first day of training, was to get promoted automatically. Our aim was and is never more than top 6, and this season we were arrogant eough to think we could give the rest of the division a months headstart whilst we got our squad together during August. To get promoted, you have to aim to finish in the top 2 and you need that mentality the whole season.

Well said. I'll add they kept Deeney despite a Leicester bid similar to their one for Ulloa that we accepted. They then added Ighalo. We replaced Ulloa with far, far inferior players. Result = Watford in Prem, Brighton just about avoid the drop. P1ss-poor management by our beloved leaders.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah his knowledge of recruiting best done wonders lol

Kayal. Best is a loan. Now, if he decides to keep Best (please no!), then fill yer boots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here