Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton named new Albion Manager

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
wasnt who i wanted, but he's the new man so heres hoping. Time now to support and get behind the new manager. UTA

Hughton OUT!! :moo:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I believe that CH is the safest option as our new manager with an overall decent record. This wasn't a time for taking any risks which some of the other names in the frame would have been.
If we win the majority of our games 1-0 for the rest of this season then so be it. Staying in this league is of the utmost priority to the future of the club. If, which I now believe we will stay up. Then I can see the new boss being here for quite some time.
I believe that CH will bring stability to the club which can only be a good thing. A solid defence with a couple of additions to the squad and I'm sure we'll climb to at least mid table.
Best of luck to him and thank you TB for sorting out the mess that you had caused. This really wasn't a time for taking any more risks.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
out of interest did Hughton sign that (back in jail again) scumbag Marlon King for Brum??

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I suspect a few fans are underwhelmed because NJ blew in like a breath of fresh air and in just two matches reignited a passion for the club that had been buried under Sami and, let's be honest, TB continuing to back him. If NJ had been the nondescript, do as you're told back room boy, we all thought he was, Hughton would have pretty unanimous support. But we briefly caught a glimpse of what we wanted from our team and now Hughton has to maintain it. Instead of following Sami, he is following what NJ might have achieved if given the chance. This just may be a tougher gig than Hughton originally applied for.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Delighted with this appointment. After Pulis, who I think realistically was always a long shot, Hughton was very much my choice for manager - an excellent record and seemingly a really nice guy.

Good news that he'll be bringing his own team, and that Jones will retain a place in the set up. I think he's earned it.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He can't be anymore boring than Garcia or periods under Poyet come to that. What a world of myth some of our fans live in. Hughton is a great appointment Hughton is. I don't recall the Geordie's saying he was boring or the Brummies come to that and where were they??????...oh yeah the Championship, that's right!!!!! Best appointment we could have possibly made under the circumstances.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I know a few Birmingham fans, when I asked about him they said we're lucky if we get him and they would have him back as manager any time. He's very well thought of there and they played decent football under him.

I've seen loads of positive comments from Brum fans who say that we're lucky to have him, same from Geordies; Norwich mostly slag him off so something was clearly amiss there. More to do with a Premiership team built from Championship players necessitating a more defensive style to survive would be my guess. We all know how fickle football fans can be and how a season or two of success suddenly means that you should be beating everyone. Sounds kind of familiar to me.

Here's hoping for a good few seasons from him to build the team back up again and be competitive next season and mount a real challenge the following. It'll take time to recover what's happened to the squad I believe.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm happy with this. Even if it's not the most exciting football in the world that's not the aim now - our aim is to stay up. He'll have some good connections though, so Jan could be interesting.

Welcome Chris and good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here