Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Performance was OK overall with it being well below whats needed before the red card & much better but lacking that 'final quality ball' apart from the once by March in each half.

Sadly have to agree with Wagner that if first Hudds was a red then Baloguns was too though I think he got benefit of being ' just subbed on ' by ref. The penalty shout though was total poppycock as Pritchard fell over under pressure and was not fouled from what I saw though maybe proved wrong with slo mo replays which of course the ref & assistants dont have so going to agree with them no pen.

Overall we need better creativity from the midfield , Gross had a bad day with his passing , Izzy was unlucky to be off side on a couple occasions and apart from the shaky start we grew into the game. Andone looks like he is ready made to step into Muzzas boots and didnt look out of place and can only get better with more game time.

3 points more than most expected today and 18 from 14 games keeps us ahead of the point a game tally , just a shame a couple of other games didnt go our way or we would be over halfway to safty mark of 40points already. Palace and Burnley going to be tough but 4 points from those two and I would be a very happy chappy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think "hanging on against 10 men" is a wild exaggeration. They never even had a shot!

Enough already. I've come down from my post match adrenalin and have seen the stats and read the match reports. I did watch it for 90 minutes and still think we have no idea how to kill a game. Whether v 10 or 11. I know many of us expect more and we need to take a bit of a head check and remember where we are and where we have come from. There are many positives but there are still other bits we need to work hard on, the team not the posters! But we are in a very positive position, and as some have pointed out, it seems a bit strange that we seemed to play more entertaining football (just) last season but are putting points on the board earlier in the season this year. However, three points, with some good performances, the highlights being March, Andone, Bissouma and Bernardo. Even for his bad play today, Bruno provided the assists to March for the goals. I was disappointed we didn't go 4-4-2 when again, we could have possibly given ourselves a cushion. But overall three points. Happy with that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Enough already. I've come down from my post match adrenalin and have seen the stats and read the match reports. I did watch it for 90 minutes and still think we have no idea how to kill a game. Whether v 10 or 11. I know many of us expect more and we need to take a bit of a head check and remember where we are and where we have come from. There are many positives but there are still other bits we need to work hard on, the team not the posters! But we are in a very positive position, and as some have pointed out, it seems a bit strange that we seemed to play more entertaining football (just) last season but are putting points on the board earlier in the season this year. However, three points, with some good performances, the highlights being March, Andone, Bissouma and Bernardo. Even for his bad play today, Bruno provided the assists to March for the goals. I was disappointed we didn't go 4-4-2 when again, we could have possibly given ourselves a cushion. But overall three points. Happy with that.

That was enough :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well second game in a row that Bernardo has played....and given the number of games in December ..I'd say we will see all three in action this month

Love to see Andone and Bissouma start again, as well as Bernardo. I think Bissouma could be an absolute beast with a run of games.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I want to shake that ball boy's hand who kicked the ball away in the first half.

Well done for wasting your team's time laddie.
They did exactly the same last season. Got to love it when it blows up in their faces

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oi! Do one with your positivity! Palace are bringing 11 players on Tuesday, not 10 like Leic and Hudds. Eleven! We can’t cope playing teams who play with 11 men. Today’s result was like we’ve just papered a roll of Andrex across the Grand Canyon.

I always like your posts and when we’re shit and losing, I feel as annoyed as you and many others.

But tonight and tomorrow I’m simply going to enjoy this win and 18 juicy points. I don’t give a monkeys about the circumstances of the match.

Let’s not worry about the next game until it’s upon us.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley

Bruno's 'official' assist was for their goal

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Saturday night, 3 points against the odds, eating a pork pie and drinking a glass of single malt and I have a cosy feeling that all is right with the world. I wonder what could make me feel more content.

Then I watched this crybaby interview with cheating David Wagner and thought, 'Oh yes, Schadenfreude.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46326039

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Saturday night, 3 points against the odds, eating a pork pie and drinking a glass of single malt and I have a cosy feeling that all is right with the world. I wonder what could make me feel more content.

Then I watched this crybaby interview with cheating David Wagner and thought, 'Oh yes, Schadenfreude.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46326039

CH has his imperfections, but he never does a cry baby. Wagner = cock.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Utter cack, apart from the goals. 3 points is a bonus.

How are 3 points the bonus? 3 points is what our manager and players are tasked to acquire, surely everything else that goes with it (like playing well) is the bonus?

Reading just a couple pages of these match threads is enough for me these days. Cretinous pack of ****tards on here building up to "We need to play the Brighton way" foolery that will eventually get our manager the boot, similarly to how it has cost other clubs reaching above their station.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Love to see Andone and Bissouma start again, as well as Bernardo. I think Bissouma could be an absolute beast with a run of games.
Bissouma looks like a real talent. Yes his decision making leaves a lot to be desired sometimes but I put that down to his age & inexperience. He's forward thinking & powerful, has a bright future if coached & managed correctly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here