Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Town Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No but you get promoted if you win at home as well. 92 points.
But that wouldn't happen. The question is, are draws away from home good enough, and the answer is no, they're not.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Well me? I am well chuffed, unbeaten after three games so only another 43 points to avoid the dreaded drop, but seriously the negative claptrap on here a month ago would have had us staring at possibly one point after 3 games. Best start to a season for ages.

albionite

May 20, 2009
It makes me laugh some people on here are never satisfied. We sit 2nd in the table after 3 games. We are unbeaten and we still have Bobby Z and Harper to come in...

Good times ��
Think it's more to do how well we play first half and totally under pressure second. ( pretty much in all 3 games)Something doesn't seem right.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I don't agree with this fallacy. You can't finish top 6 with just drawing away games.

You can if you win all of your home games, in fact you could probably lose 6 home games winning the rest with the away draws would more often than not give you a playoff berth.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Well me? I am well chuffed, unbeaten after three games so only another 43 points to avoid the dreaded drop, but seriously the negative claptrap on here a month ago would have had us staring at possibly one point after 3 games. Best start to a season for ages.

well said the voice of reason

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You can if you win all of your home games
But you won't! :facepalm:

When was the last time a team got into the playoffs with only 23 points from their away games? Decades I imagine.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
But that wouldn't happen. The question is, are draws away from home good enough, and the answer is no, they're not.

But you quoted someone saying win at home draw away as not being good enough. Of course we wont win every home game nor draw every away game, but if we did (on average) we would be promoted. KIts a question of arithmetic.

PG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Compared with last term, if you gave me a points equivalent to all home wins and all away draws....where do I sign?
**** me, you're all too ****ing stupid :lol:

We're not going to win all our home games, so we will need to win some away games, draws won't be enough.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
There are other outlets:)

Honestly, that has to be the worst slogan ever.

Screenshot from 2015-08-18 21:58:15.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But you quoted someone saying win at home draw away as not being good enough.
No I didn't. I can add, of course that would be good enough. But 'win at home, draw away' is a common cliche that is wrong, not because it wouldn't give you enough points mathematically, but because it suggests that draws away from home are enough, and they're not.

One match at a time, we are by no means Top 6 material at present, but who gives a Donald? Roll on Blackburn then Ipswich. Der der der der der der der der.
Indeed, I'm delighted with the points tally so far, just disagree with one old cliche.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Happy that with the side still gelling, new (and possibly key) players still to come into the side and a new system in place, we've dropped only two points in three games - with two of those away from home.

As learning curves go this one seems pretty painless. Well played lads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here