Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Match

JohnnyHudds

Apr 24, 2009
Huddersfield fan in peace.

Really looking forward to the match tomorrow, should be a great atmosphere if you bring the 1500 fans that has been mentioned. Coupled together with the fact that this will be Andy Booths (Legend) final home game for us and I think we can be expecting 16,000 +. (Andy Booth face masks will be available at £1 each or free with your programme if you wanna join in).

We've been inconsistent to say the least of late. We were awful at home to Southend but then went and played brilliantly at Scunthorpe the other week so god knows which team will show up tomorrow. One things for sure we don't like teams that close us down quickly and get about us. If you give us a bit of space we have players that will take advantage and create a few chances but if you don't then we'll more than likely struggle.

Men to watch for us are Danny Cadamarteri, who is in good form at the moment, and Gary Roberts. Lionel Ainsworth still has a point to prove if he's selected and obviously Boothy will be out to score his last home goal for HTFC. He's on 148 at the moment so to get to 150 would be nice.

My head says we'll play crap and lose as we have a good habit of doing that at the end of the season but for Boothy's sake I really hope we put on a show.

Enjoy the match and have a safe journey oop north and obviously good luck for beating the drop.

PS: If any of you like a good Real Ale Pub then look out for the Slubbers Arms (Google it if you want directions), they'll serve you some cracking beer.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
We'll bring more than 1,500. We might even bring double that now, although I think it'll be around the two and a half thousand mark.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We'll bring more than 1,500. We might even bring double that now, although I think it'll be around the two and a half thousand mark.

Could be 2,500 - 3,000 as seagulls in exile flock over to Yorkshire tomorrow.:yahoo:

JohnnyHudds

Apr 24, 2009
Gary Roberts is a quality left winger, hopefully we'll be signing him in the summer. :albion2:

No chance! We are not a selling club nor do we need the money from any transfer. Our aim is simply promotion next season and to do this we have a very large transfer budget and have been told that the quality players will remain at the club and will be added to.

The arrival of Anthony Pilkington (who is superb) and Lionel Ainsworth (potentially superb) backed this up in January. We also have a young lad on loan from Liverpool, Martin kelly, who looks like he'll be here for next season so the signs are looking good in terms of bringing in the right people and there is no way we'd sell any of our good players.

Strikers is the main thing we need though, we've dominated so many games this season only to go on and lose or draw due to our inability to convert chances into goals!

Looks likely that Danny Graham is one of the signings but i'd expect a few more to be added along the way.

Players you can have are Jon Worthington, Michael Flynn, Ian Craney, Phil Jevons, Keigan Parker, Chris Lucketti and Malvin Kamara.

I'd drive Keigan Parker to Brighton myself if you wanted him ;)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You tried to sign Simon Cox from Swindon in january for £500,000 didn't you. What a joke that was, £500,000?! :laugh: Ambitious.

Ironically, Keigan Parker is the only Huddersfield player other than Gary Roberts I would want us to sign! We tried to get Lucketti on deadline day if you remember, but that was a no go. Actually, no, I've just remember Michael Collins. :love: That guy is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I hope his contract is up soon and Russell Slade knows about him. :lol:

JohnnyHudds

Apr 24, 2009
You tried to sign Simon Cox from Swindon in january for £500,000 didn't you. What a joke that was, £500,000?! :laugh: Ambitious.

Ironically, Keigan Parker is the only Huddersfield player other than Gary Roberts I would want us to sign! We tried to get Lucketti on deadline day if you remember, but that was a no go. Actually, no, I've just remember Michael Collins. :love: That guy is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I hope his contract is up soon and Russell Slade knows about him. :lol:

Don't think we were in for Cox, no. We had a £250,000 bid turned down for Graham so we're just gonna get him for free in the summer if the rumours are to be believed. Likewise a £500,000 bid was turned down for Rickie Lambert. Chris Porter also rejected us to sign for Derby.

Slade is a big fan of Jon Worthington who is out of contract in the summer. Will be sad to see him go as I do think he could have done a job for us but its not to be. He's been a great servant to the club and like Booth will get a good send off tomorrow.

Collins splits our fans straight down the middle. One half can see his quality and the other half just thinks he disappears too much and should be replaced. Clark and McDermott seems to rate him though so he'll be staying.

Keigan Parker? Well, what can I say? Sign him up!! ;)

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You deffinitely had a bid for Cox, I remember it very well, it was a crazy bid to be fair. Ambitious, but really unrealistic. Danny Graham of Carlisle, you're signing him in the summer? Fair to say you're ambitious for next season then? Seems to be a fair amount of investment in the squad going on there.

Worthington, I've never really been impressed by him, only on FM! People are unsure about Michael Collins!? He stuck out like a sore thumb from right back against us last season, and from the centre of midfield this season aswell, he's always seemed a class act to me and to my Swindon supporting friend, if he's not appreciated there, he certainly would be here. :thumbsup: We're all about flairy players! You should see our left back next season, Jimmy McNulty. The best flair left back in the league!

Why don't you like Parker? Has he not been scoring goals for you?

JohnnyHudds

Apr 24, 2009
You deffinitely had a bid for Cox, I remember it very well, it was a crazy bid to be fair. Ambitious, but really unrealistic. Danny Graham of Carlisle, you're signing him in the summer? Fair to say you're ambitious for next season then? Seems to be a fair amount of investment in the squad going on there.

Worthington, I've never really been impressed by him, only on FM! People are unsure about Michael Collins!? He stuck out like a sore thumb from right back against us last season, and from the centre of midfield this season aswell, he's always seemed a class act to me and to my Swindon supporting friend, if he's not appreciated there, he certainly would be here. :thumbsup: We're all about flairy players! You should see our left back next season, Jimmy McNulty. The best flair left back in the league!

Why don't you like Parker? Has he not been scoring goals for you?

That Cox bid is news to me but it doesn't surprise me. People are saying that Danny Graham has a pre-contract agreement with us and will be here in the summer. Kevin Phillips is another name been mentioned due to his friendship with Lee Clark and no doubt he'll leave Brum when they gain promotion but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

If you like players with flair then its a shame you won't see Pilkington tomorrow. Honestly the lad is fantastic and I can't believe he signed for us when he's clearly good enough for the Championship.

Parker has scored 2 goals all season, along with Phil Jevons who also has 2. Thats our strikeforce for ya, scary huh?

He's constantly offside, always has his head down and doesn't look where he's going and when a chance is created he's nowhere to be seen. We've loaned him to Hartlepool now and after 3 or 4 starts for them he's been dropped. He use to be good for Blackpool but far from it now.

If you wanna swap him for McNulty then I'm sure something can be arranged :shrug:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm 90% sure it was Huddersfield, I think at the time it was announced as a bid from an "unnamed" league 1 club, which we later found out was Huddersfield. :thumbsup:

Danny Graham would be a cracking signing, as would Phillips. If you can get both then I'll be a tad concerned about your lot... We want the play offs next season, and this league is going to be incredibly competitive when you look at who is coming down and the fact 3 of the 4 play off teams won't go up... It's going to be a cracking league next season, I think they who spend most will have the best chance of getting the top 6. Money does talk, but that said, Phillips and Graham would be freebies.

Hopefully you won't keep him too long then! We won't have any problems dealing with him tomorrow with our diamond, Dicker will mark him out of the game!

Constantly offside? Sounds like Glenn Murray! :lol: But Glenn scores a goal every game and a half, so there's a slight difference. If only he hadn't spent the entire season injured. :down: We took far too long replacing him, that's been our problem.

And as for swapping McNulty for anyone, PAH! :laugh: He's our Jimmy Mac, eyes off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here