Htc desire s

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The Desire S is a SUPERB phone.

Most of HTC's high end smart phones are great but this one is particularly special. Just the right size to be slim and compact but without sacrificing screen real estate or battery (the screen is bigger than that of the iPhone). It's also lovely and solid too. Unlike a lot of rival handsets which feel flimsy and plasticky the Desire S is made of proper METAL so really does feel good in your hand or in your pocket.

The Desire HD is also a good phone but it's just a bit too chunky for me and the battery won't last as long. Unless you really need a little extra screen space then the Desire S makes more sense. And £200 is a fantastic price for one. If you can get it at that price I say buy buy buy

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Had mine about 2 weeks, never before have I surged the web, posted on here or emailed from a phone. I love it!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Snatch their hand of at £200, I have the desire S and it is the best phone I have ever had. I absolutely loved my Sony Eriksson Xpieria 10i, but this beats it in every way except screen size. I can't praise it highly enough. My son who swears by his iphone's even likes it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
nice phone and i am sure u will like it..had one for a short while but went back to the iphone i had kept purely because i prefer the operating system

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The Desire S is a SUPERB phone.
Most of HTC's high end smart phones are great but this one is particularly special. Just the right size to be slim and compact but without sacrificing screen real estate or battery (the screen is bigger than that of the iPhone). It's also lovely and solid too. Unlike a lot of rival handsets which feel flimsy and plasticky the Desire S is made of proper METAL so really does feel good in your hand or in your pocket.

In agreement with all of this EXCEPT... battery life is pretty shite. I bought two batteries and one of them docking pods to charge the spare battery and the phone at the same time.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I found my battery life started off terrible but with a little tweaking (and help from the Juice Defender app) I can get a good two days out of it now.

There are several threads on recommended apps for Android devices

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm now on my new HTC desire s which cost me £200 now any great apps I should download?

Got my first one stolen which was free with the t-mobile plan and I wasn't insured! :dunce:

Loved it so much decided I was going to replace it with the same one... cost me somewhere in the region of £460... so you got a bargain there.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have an HTC Sensation and can absolutely recommend Juice Defender.

They're fantastic phones but use up battery like no other phone I've ever owned, Juice Defender does a great job at extending the battery life without compromising the functionality of the phone. A must if you have an Android phone IMO.

I have an HTC Sensation and can absolutely recommend Juice Defender.
They're fantastic phones but use up battery like no other phone I've ever owned, Juice Defender does a great job at extending the battery life without compromising the functionality of the phone. A must if you have an Android phone IMO.
Would this app work on Windows Mobile 5 or is it just for Android?
Also, does the desire have a front camera for webcaming?

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I found my battery life started off terrible but with a little tweaking (and help from the Juice Defender app) I can get a good two days out of it now.

Ive had juice defender for over a month and seen no noticeable improvement. Thinking of disabling it. What setting do you have for it?

I barely get a day out of it (probably because I'm on here a lot via tapatalk). Use Airplane mode at night as well.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Ive had juice defender for over a month and seen no noticeable improvement. Thinking of disabling it. What setting do you have for it?

I barely get a day out of it (probably because I'm on here a lot via tapatalk). Use Airplane mode at night as well.

The trick is to make sure it only connects to data when you are using the phone and also disable auto sync. This is what has doubled my battery life.

Would this app work on Windows Mobile 5 or is it just for Android?
Also, does the desire have a front camera for webcaming?

I doubt Juice Defender is available for WinMo but there may be a similar app available online somewhere. The trouble is that Windoze Mobile is a dead platform now so developers aren't going to be making any new apps for it.

And yes the Desire S has a front facing camera for video calling and the like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports