Hoyte

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Andrew Wing ? Jesus wept, i hope thats not the standard we will accept

No, we accept the standards set by Carole.

to answer this

He wasn't good last season , his distribution is f***ing awful and his defending not much better, his commitent can't be questioned and he did put his body on the line to good effect at times which mainly won him the vote considering the shite he was against.

He is no where near good enough for a top 6 side

Would prob do ok ish in L2 or the conference

Well. This is typical of NSC this is. Absolutely baffling. Would "prob" do ok "ish" in L2 or the conference. :facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What are you talking about? Why has he suddenly become not good enough? He was player of the season for a MILE last season, he was good enough then! He's no Calderon, we all know that. But he's solid, he's dependable and he's ours. He has a contract, and he deserves a chance to show Poyet why he was such an important player for us last season. He hasn't suddenly become rubbish, we've just not seen him for a while.

He was not good enough last season when he won the player of the year. He won that based on his comitrment not on his ability and this disguised his poor distriobution and equally poor defending.

When he arrived here he was quite good but his standard has dropped drastically and he is now no better than an average Div 2 player.

If we want to progress we must sign better players than him. We should allow him & Davies to go and possibly even Holroyd.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's so easy to sit here and be so critical in hindsight. People, this is a generalisation and not an accusation at you BG, talk about players having a lack of loyalty and a lack of respect for clubs, but there is very little from fans to players. Whing was fantastic for us last season and he stuck with a club which wasn't really going anywhere at the end of last season, and how has he been repaid? By people devaluing his contribution and, ultimately, having to leave the club to find first team football.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whing was fantastic for us last season
/QUOTE]

That is the point you wont accept he wasnt he was rubbish but very committed rubbish and as a result people voted for him as player of the season having not had much competition. He was one of many that were not good enough last season hence the reason we avoided relegation on the last day of the season.

Oct 25, 2003
No no no no no no Hoyte is not the young man to fill the precious slot Inigo has just mercilessly, but understandably, pulled out of. When played pretty much clean through today he blasted one high, wide and ugly, and repeatedly became dizzied and frantic when the ball came toward him. He's eager and lively and might improve, but he is no Inigo, nor a reasonable replacement for a side looking for a real step forward. We need someone more reliable and sure-footed even in their dance.

you're my favourite human.........can you be the godfather to my future children?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
is as good a fullback as we will get. Better than elabd fillin in.

Bollocks. How did we manage to get Painter and Calderon?

I can kinda see what you're saying Ninja, but I really think Whing flattered to deceive last season and I would take his pretty woeful form at the start of this season as a better indication of what we could expect from him were he playing for us next season. We need someone better.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think we should be writing Whing off. He's not all of a sudden become useless, and he certainly wasn't last season. Despite what some people would have you believe.

I'm not Whing's biggest fan, far from it, but I don't like the disrespectful comments. He deserves a lot better than some of what people have said. But, like everything else, it is so easy to sit here and make negative comments about people.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I don't think we should be writing Whing off. He's not all of a sudden become useless, and he certainly wasn't last season. Despite what some people would have you believe.

I'm not Whing's biggest fan, far from it, but I don't like the disrespectful comments. He deserves a lot better than some of what people have said. But, like everything else, it is so easy to sit here and make negative comments about people.

And it's just as easy to ignore the likely truth when it's staring you in the face due to affection or loyatly for a particular player. Whing has played well for us in the past, but he was NOT our best player last season (if he was better than Forster then I'm better than Rickie Lambert) and was crap at the start of this season. Also don't forget that Whing is a player whose discipline and habit of petty fouling means he will always be something of a liability. We can do better.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
As I've said in previous posts, I'm not his biggest fan and I won't blindly sit here and say he's amazing. He's not. He was poor for us at the start of this season, and at Southampton where he gave away an unneccesary penalty. I agree, we can do alot better. We did, his name is Calderon. But Whing isn't as bad as people are making him out to be, which I think is unfair and unneccessary.

I've no doubts we'll have a new right back for next season, hopefully not Hoyte. Probably not Whing either, but I know which one I would rather have in the side.

Oct 25, 2003
whing is decent enough if we want to survive in this league, but if we have aspirations of promotion unfortunately he may fall slightly short

i HATE that people slate whing, he's a good enough player and last season he was one of the few players who seemed to give a shit, i can't believe anyone would think he was a BAD player, we've had far, FAR worse

whing is decent

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

I believe Poyet/Taricco.

The fact he's been sitting on the bench for Chesterfield is enough for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports