Hoyte

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Along with most people I have been a bit dissapointed with Hoyte's performance this season. However I thought he had a good game today. He looked more confident on the ball and managed to use his pace to overlap Bennett on a couple if occasions.
I am bitterly dissapointed that Calderon isn't signing but think Hoyte could be worth a season-long loan alongside a new rightback.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I agree that he had a good game today. I think people forget he's only 19, so he's bound to be defensively naive on occasions.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Been very good last 3 games, with a bit of positional training he could be an asset, not 100% sure on him to be honest.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think he was better today against average players.

Against better players he is a facking liability guv

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He has improved immensly in the last few games. Would prefer we seek someone better. But wouldn't be too distraught should Hoyte be our first choice right back

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Against non-league players he is a liability.

Still, at least he's starting to improve himself in League One.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has improved since he has deputised for Calderon and much as I wished we had signed Calderon I think that Hoyte would be a great improvement on the prospect of Whing coming back into the reckoning

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
He has improved since he has deputised for Calderon and much as I wished we had signed Calderon I think that Hoyte would be a great improvement on the prospect of Whing coming back into the reckoning

Agreed, I dread the thought of whing coming back. Under poyet our fullbacks are required to do more than just loft the ball down the line.
I think Hoyte's worst performances were during the period when the team was still trying to adapt to Poyet's passing game.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why take a chance on someone who "might" be a good player? Forget Hoyte, let's sign someone with experience and know what we're getting. Or, remember Andrew Whing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why take a chance on someone who "might" be a good player? Forget Hoyte, let's sign someone with experience and know what we're getting. Or, remember Andrew Whing.

As you said on the phone in but he is a complete liability and not good enough for Div 1 in fact it is debatable if he is good enough now for Div 2. He was when he arrived but has gone down hill drastically since then.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
As you said on the phone in but he is a complete liability and not good enough for Div 1 in fact it is debatable if he is good enough now for Div 2. He was when he arrived but has gone down hill drastically since then.

What are you talking about? Why has he suddenly become not good enough? He was player of the season for a MILE last season, he was good enough then! He's no Calderon, we all know that. But he's solid, he's dependable and he's ours. He has a contract, and he deserves a chance to show Poyet why he was such an important player for us last season. He hasn't suddenly become rubbish, we've just not seen him for a while.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
No no no no no no Hoyte is not the young man to fill the precious slot Inigo has just mercilessly, but understandably, pulled out of. When played pretty much clean through today he blasted one high, wide and ugly, and repeatedly became dizzied and frantic when the ball came toward him. He's eager and lively and might improve, but he is no Inigo, nor a reasonable replacement for a side looking for a real step forward. We need someone more reliable and sure-footed even in their dance.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What are you talking about? Why has he suddenly become not good enough? He was player of the season for a MILE last season, he was good enough then! He's no Calderon, we all know that. But he's solid, he's dependable and he's ours. He has a contract, and he deserves a chance to show Poyet why he was such an important player for us last season. He hasn't suddenly become rubbish, we've just not seen him for a while.

to answer this

He wasn't good last season , his distribution is f***ing awful and his defending not much better, his commitent can't be questioned and he did put his body on the line to good effect at times which mainly won him the vote considering the shite he was against.

He is no where near good enough for a top 6 side

Would prob do ok ish in L2 or the conference

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports