Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoyte sending off

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I just wanted to get people's thoughts on the Hoyte sending off at Wycombe and wondered whether any of our fans had changed their minds and actually thought yes it was a 100% sending off. We need to criticize HIM and his behaviour not defend it by shouting at the referee. Further to this I think he should be fined. Yes it's frustrating but it's frustrating for everyone, the last thing we need is silly boys getting themselves sent off unnecessarily.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He kicked out at the other player at a time when we really need every half (or even quarter) decent defender we can get. Total idiot. Mind you, their player seriously hammed up the reaction.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Typical Brighton fans though - always blame the ref.

I wonder if the club who don't pay the players wages can fine someone?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I'm not doubting the other player didn't, they're all up to it, and that too irritates me. But the fact is, he shouldn't of given that player the opportunity to over react because he shouldn't of done it. I saw the incident on Saturday and I'm sure many others did, but instead of reacting badly to Hoyte, it was the referee that got the blame. (to the response of the second poster)

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
To be honest at first glance I didn't think it was a sending off. From the angle I had it looked like his kick was an attempt to win the ball.

However when I watched it on t'tele it was apparantly obvious that it was a red.

I now feel bad for blaming the ref. However the pen he gave against us, was a SHOCKER!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
To be honest at first glance I didn't think it was a sending off. From the angle I had it looked like his kick was an attempt to win the ball.

However when I watched it on t'tele it was apparantly obvious that it was a red.

I now feel bad for blaming the ref. However the pen he gave against us, was a SHOCKER!

Exactly, this is my point.

You mean when Virgo pushed the player in the back? Ok the player made a meal of it but you can't be doing that in the penalty area. As for our two penalties, foul on Murray AND a red card? No way. And the handball, that's not handball, so he did us a couple of favours as well. (I'm the not the refs daughter or anything like that, it just irritates when fans are so bloomin blinkered :laugh:)

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Exactly, this is my point.

You mean when Virgo pushed the player in the back? Ok the player made a meal of it but you can't be doing that in the penalty area. As for our two penalties, foul on Murray AND a red card? No way. And the handball, that's not handball, so he did us a couple of favours as well. (I'm the not the refs daughter or anything like that, it just irritates when fans are so bloomin blinkered :laugh:)

Adding to this comment about the ref, virgo was lucky not to be sent off. The ref went for the second yellow on saturday and changed his mind, so swings and roundabouts.

Also our second penalty was a bit dubious wasn't it :lol:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
From the replay on the club site all 3 pens looked clear cut. A definite push in the back by Virgo as the forward was jumping for the ball; Murray dragged back as he was in on goal (so, denying a clear goalscoring opportunity is a straight red with any ref) and the third was a clear handball (definitely hand to ball). I can't see how there could be any argument.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We always blame the referee and maybe that is why the players act so irresponsible as they know we won't blame them.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Why did he kick out though ? Has that crossed anybody's mind ? I would have thought he was provoked but why bother about that ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why did he kick out though ? Has that crossed anybody's mind ? I would have thought he was provoked but why bother about that ?

Which is the exact problem, if he was provoked then he should be taught to be disciplined and not react.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I just wanted to get people's thoughts on the Hoyte sending off at Wycombe and wondered whether any of our fans had changed their minds and actually thought yes it was a 100% sending off. We need to criticize HIM and his behaviour not defend it by shouting at the referee. Further to this I think he should be fined. Yes it's frustrating but it's frustrating for everyone, the last thing we need is silly boys getting themselves sent off unnecessarily.

Have you made similar posts after all our dismissals this season?

Or are you just picking on this one player?

On Saturday I thought the ref was wrong but yes I think it was a red after seeing the brief highlights.

Howling at the ref is all part and parcel of the game, most of any noise is generated by fans incensed at his and his linesmans decisions!

Back to Hoyte. Yes he was wrong but he is still learning the pro game and will learn from this.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
At the time it looked like a rubbish decision, didn't see the kicking out at all, but knew with Pittman's reaction it wasn't just a bad tackle...I thought something might have been said.

Upon seenig the replay, 100% red card, no questions asked

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Which is the exact problem, if he was provoked then he should be taught to be disciplined and not react.

Easier said than done, he's a young player with a good disciplinary record so far. Had he been playing for the Arse he might have held back though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here